Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ability to limit minimum ping rate from server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RemeberMe View Post
    Practicully none of you even understand what I am talking about. I would say it's more of a ping leveling than a limiting. The server will have more time to allow slower ping requests in which will lower even bad pings a bit. It will not lock out anyone and in fact will make some better.
    I don't know very much on routers and servers etc. but it sounds preetyy lame and stupid that the server would produce high ping for people because it cant server the low-ping players fast enough. i don't believe something like that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinnison View Post
      I don't know very much on routers and servers etc. but it sounds preetyy lame and stupid that the server would produce high ping for people because it cant server the low-ping players fast enough. i don't believe something like that is true.
      Am i being ignored or what. I posted a couple of days ago that it will not have any effect on high ping players if low ping players rise their ping. I have done enough network coding to be absolutely sure about that. And to comment about this ping leveling. It would be insane. Sure an official tournament should have egual ping to all. But an official tournament should also have same comp specs and settings(except button configs) for every player. There have been events like this. Several gamers come to a sponsored gaming event to some public place where everyone has exactly same comp specs and are in T3 connection with 0 (ZERO!!) ping. Altough I don't see it happening for UT3 if the community keeps beeing this stupid(Not all of you. Just many enough to scare new people away).

Comment

Originally posted by PunCrathod View Post
        Am i being ignored or what. I posted a couple of days ago that it will not have any effect on high ping players if low ping players rise their ping. I have done enough network coding to be absolutely sure about that. And to comment about this ping leveling. It would be insane. Sure an official tournament should have egual ping to all. But an official tournament should also have same comp specs and settings(except button configs) for every player. There have been events like this. Several gamers come to a sponsored gaming event to some public place where everyone has exactly same comp specs and are in T3 connection with 0 (ZERO!!) ping. Altough I don't see it happening for UT3 if the community keeps beeing this stupid(Not all of you. Just many enough to scare new people away).
        I just said the same thing: it doesnt make any sense that someones ping affects someone elses ping. I posted it in answer to a guy above that said "low ping players eat the servers ability to respond and thus increase the ping of high ping players even more". That's what he said. I said the opposite.

Comment

Working...
        X