Spawn charecter problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spawn charecter problem

ok i recently downloaded the spawn charecter on my ut3.when i went to check if it was there NONE of my other charecters where there

I installed the upk or u thing into ...utgame\published\cookedpc\customcharecters

I installed the family thing in there too i had no idea wat it was for

then i copy and pasted the code into(you know)

when i checked i was expecting it to be there but NONE of the charecters were there now.

SO when i found out that happed i went to my folders and tried to delete the spawn files and guess what?they still were not there

I also tried to cut the code out of the notepad but it still didnt work

So now i have absolutely no charecters except for the epic ones

Someone please help me

It would be most appreciated

Come over to http://www.evilengine.net/forum/index.php and we will see what we can do to assist you.

Comment

how will that help me

Comment

omg if i dont get help my life will end

Comment

Originally posted by chilau1 View Post
          how will that help me

Its the official forms of the person who made the model. If you want help getting it to work properly come over here. I am the mod there and I think I have some ideas. If you don't though good luck with the people around here helping you out.

Comment

Originally posted by chilau1 View Post
            how will that help me
            Dont go to that site, its useless and dead, you wont find more help over there than here.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX600F View Post
              Dont go to that site, its useless and dead, you wont find more help over there than here.
              Uh wrong ... as the moderator for the site I can say that you will get help if you need it. Please don't tell people NOT to go to EEs site ... I would appreciate it. Just because models are not being cranked out like they were before does not mean the site is still not useful. In fact it is the only site where you can get official versions of most of EEs work.

Comment

I love EvilEngine's work. I wish I could use it but his terms of distribution are too restrictive to allow me to do so and I won't violate them.

Comment

i searched the site but where can i get the help what do i have to do?post a new thread or what?
                  and i still need help

Comment

Just make a new post in the Models and Files section under Spawn 1.52 models ... someone will answer it ... also read through that post because Buffy did already inform a number of people about what to do if they have problems installing this.

Comment

OM*G i was shocked first at how i my spawn model didnt work neither my other charecters.So i tried to reinstall them.The first was MGS4 old snake

this is wat i did(i did this to install it when they worked)

the upk or u(dunno) into ...custom charecter folder

and i copy and pasted it into utcustomcharecter notepad

so i went to play ut3 to see if it worked

but guess wut??it still didnt **** work ***

omg i need SOOO MUCH HELP

Comment

Try here. You will find considerably more detail on where things go than you did in your description of what you did.

Comment

well i got all my other charecters like(other post)they SHOULD work but for some reason they dont work

Comment

In that case, you may be reduced to uninstalling UT3, deleting any folders and files the uninstall program leaves behind, and starting over, making sure that everything is reinstalled correctly. If you do so, for the obvious reason,that I wrote it, I would recommend using the suggestions on the page I linked you to in my last post.

However, before doing that, if you were to tell us exactly where the files for the non-working character are located on your drive(s)...full path names, starting with the drive letters...no typos permitted (the computer doesn't tolerate them, so we cannot either, if we are to help)...we might be able to give more help.

Also, I tried uninstalling a custom character from our server, which was working. After removing the files that I had installed, the server still reported that bots using that character's name were being used by the server. When I joined the server, I would see those bots in the character's skin (I had not uninstalled the character from my system).

Some seaching around showed me that one (or more...it has been a while since I did this) of the server's .ini files had had info about the character inserted into it/them by the game program. When I removed those .ini file entries, the server then stopped using the character. To be clear, these .ini file entries were NOT part of the installation I did when putting the character onto the server.

You might want to remove the files for your problem character and then search your .ini files for any references to that character and remove them. Then reinstall the character.

Comment

i did delete all the files from the charecter and also cut all the codes from the "custom charecter" notepad and they still were not there

Comment

Working...
                              X