UT3 noobie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
    No war here, I'm straight up a PC based FPS gamer. But you can't ignore the consoles anymore. They are way too much of the market share (the majority of it, actually). Content is one of the huge drawbacks of console gaming. Ultimately though, it's the fact the FPS just don't play well on a gamepad.

I liked the 360 version, but in my happy place we would have thousands of players on the PC version at any given moment. That's not going to happen and never going to happen again in this franchise.

Yes my review was nice to the 360 version to an extent, but the game is solid across both platforms. I've several times gone right from the 360 version to the PC version and played and the speed difference really isn't all that noticable. It's hard for me to tell whether the game is really faster in the PC version or just feels faster and smoother because it's so much easier to manuever with the mouse and keyboard.
    it doesnt matter, epic is making a **** load of money from all 3 platforms the fact that all f those communities play the game means that UT3 will be hard to let go of =P

Comment

one way to have more fun with UT than any other FPS out there is to learn 2 things and play with them alot:

Shock Combos and Dodging

if you havent tried it yet, a fun thing to do is start an instant action game with the bots set to n00bie level and then practice shock combos and dodging around them while they blunder around

stand still at first, shoot the secondary and then as the ball floats away from you shoot it with primary (hopefully while its next to a bot) and watch the fun ensue... soon (hopefully) youll be doing this while running and dodging and experience true fps heaven

Comment

thats true

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
          one way to have more fun with UT than any other FPS out there is to learn 2 things and play with them alot:

Shock Combos and Dodging

if you havent tried it yet, a fun thing to do is start an instant action game with the bots set to n00bie level and then practice shock combos and dodging around them while they blunder around

stand still at first, shoot the secondary and then as the ball floats away from you shoot it with primary (hopefully while its next to a bot) and watch the fun ensue... soon (hopefully) youll be doing this while running and dodging and experience true fps heaven
          I'll give it a shot next time I'm on ) Thanks!

Comment

Everyone starts off with standing shock combos:

Shoot shock rifle secondary nd a ball comes out. Dont move the mouse at all, just wait till it flies away a bit, then press primary to shoot the ball with a beam. It will cause a shock combo.

now, players that still arent used to hiting the shock balls while moving, can use the following in their gameplay to help them with shock combos:

still-mouse combos but with non-still character.

Fire the beam and again, dont move the mouse, and dont dodge left or right, but you can now move forwards and backwards (or dodje) and even jump. When you are not in the air, even by moving forwards/backwards, the ball will stay in your sights and with primary you will be able to hit it again. BUT: you must not have touched left/right keys. You must not have moved your mouse. (And you must fire the ball level to the ground, dont aim it upwards then move because it will get off your crosshair).

Experts on comboing are able to fire a ball, dodge in one direction, then gradually align their crosshair with the drifting shock ball and hit their primary in time to set off the combo. Real masters can hit a ball nomatter what movement they do... which is some sick aiming.

It might seem insanely hard and almost imposible to hit a moving shock ball, as hard as sniping a moving, dodjing player.

But its easier to shoot the ball than a player because: The ball moves in an entirely predictable way. It flies straight and at a constant stable speed. So you can predict "it will pass right from here" align your crosshair then time your primary click to hit it. Its easier to time the shot than aim the shot

Comment

Working...
            X