No announcement yet.

UT3 noobie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I'm playing ranked multiplayer, are there any pointers or tips anyone can offer? Is there a difference if ur on host team like it is in Gears?

Skyyla "GoGoPrincess"

Comment

Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
      [COLOR=seagreen]
      Grrls gone berserk! w00t!!
      HAIL yass!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoGoPrincess View Post
        when I'm playing ranked multiplayer, are there any pointers or tips anyone can offer? Is there a difference if ur on host team like it is in Gears?

Skyyla "GoGoPrincess"
        I dunno about GoW coz I've never played it, but in UT...you're either offense or defense (Warfare), or team fraggin, or fraggin on your own.

Comment

hey speaking of noobs
          can you guys tell me how to wall dodge on the xbox 360?

Comment

Originally posted by Janes_Addiction- View Post
            Grrl are you a fan of Siouxsie?
            and the Banshees, yeah. always liked women with attitudes plus since its its my name, it worx...

[/URL]
            well im not sure what host team means, but anytime you play online as youd already know if you play GoW, practice helps... i dont really play Gears, i think its a very cool looking game, UT3 is alot faster - so dont ever stand still, dont worry about cover (in fact "cover" will get you fragged in UT, if you stand too close to walls or other objects youll get fragged by the splash damage from alot of weapons), learn to dodge and hit shock combos. if all else fails give em a face full of rockets or biosludge

Originally posted by ZZfire View Post
            hey speaking of noobs
            can you guys tell me how to wall dodge on the xbox 360?
            well it should be the same as pc but of course the controls are different, so:

stand next to or run alongside a wall or other tall object and jump!
            then when your at the top of your jump dodge away from the wall/object that youre next to.
            this will propel you away from the wall in super ninja style

im not very good at wall dodging myself, i just try to move as unpredictably as possible, but there are some maps, especially CTF maps where its really good to learn wall dodges to escape quickly with the flag...

have fun! (most important rule)

Comment

do u really believe that ****???

Comment

On the 360 I've found its easier to wall dodge if you go into the wall at an angle, rather than running alongside the wall.

You can either single, or double, jump into a wall at about a 45 degree angle and as you hit the wall press away and jump. You should dodge off the wall for a decent distance. And yes, very effective in some ctf maps to help the flag runner.

Comment

thanks for the tips... In Gears whoever is hosting the match has an extreme advantage because their shots are about 25% more damaging, and the worse the connection the more advantage the host has, that's why everyone always camps out in the middle waiting to join up on the host team in Gears. One of the big unfair advantages in Gears! That's what I was referring to and asking if there is something similar on UT3 )

Comment

That is incredibly unbalanced! No there's nothing like that with UT3. The only advantage anyone gets in their own personal ping. Someone who hosts has a ping of 0.

Comment

I just got the game and I LOVE IT!! I play Gears of War daily, and to date have not found any other game that holds my interest for more than a few hours of play until UT3! This game rocks!! The story/campaign is kinda lame, but the gameplay is fast paced and exciting! This game def kicks Halo3 *** (kinda same feel and style, just much better).

Skyyla "GoGoPrincess"
                      Lmao Im a Noob too!!! I just got it. I love UT. Lets play together! Well...errm...if your list isnt full...

Comment

In Gears whoever is hosting the match has an extreme advantage because their shots are about 25% more damaging, and the worse the connection the more advantage the host has, that's why everyone always camps out in the middle waiting to join up on the host team in Gears.
                        Well that's pretty dumb. You'd think GoW freaks would bytch and Epic would change it.

Comment

that is the number one complaint about the game, then the glitching, then 1-shot downing w active sniper... Epic says that Gears 2 will be greatly improved. It is still the best game ever (don't kill me UT3 hardcore fans, I think UT3 is pretty kick *** too...)!

Comment

There is much more to expect from Gears 2 than UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
                              There is much more to expect from Gears 2 than UT3.
                              I'd rather play UT3 with 56k and a broken strafe stick, than play any GoW game. (beat GoW1 on insane BTW)
                              UT3 sux, but GoW sux even harder. Oh the glory days of Epic I feel are long past. Sadness.

Hype and mass market titles FTL.

Comment

Originally posted by rAt.8^].bAg View Post
                                Well that's pretty dumb. You'd think GoW freaks would bytch and Epic would change it.
                                Im a heavy Gears of War fan too, but the thing is, I was interested in Epic before Gears came out, due to Unreal Tournament 2004. I liked its fast paced shooting and vehicles. I understand that these are 2 totally different games. I enjoy them both.

Comment

Working...
                                X