X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by hal View Post
    I gotta say, I was expecting a somewhat different post by reading the title of your thread...

Uh yeah, +1 for Unreal 3.

You've got a duplicate thread, by the way.
    Indeed, I long for a SP Unreal game with the power of the current engine. I wouldn't care if it was a mod for UT3, but I seriously miss co-op fragging Krall and Skaarj with my friends.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    while that may be true, Unreal Tournament shares a lot of its story with Unreal. so logicaly UT3 has got to h ave some story to it, while it may seem like a big arena, it does have a bit more to it, corporations and other various things, the story fits.... slightly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UC2 is 360 compatible. Just so ya know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I gotta say, I was expecting a somewhat different post by reading the title of your thread...

Uh yeah, +1 for Unreal 3.

You've got a duplicate thread, by the way.

Leave a comment:

• Epic should not not have *** with UT3...and should *** next

Well, I must say that it feels good to have another UT title around. I love how every release holds a bit of UT nostalgia. One thing that nearly ruined it, however, is the fact that they decided to go to serious with the story. Look, I know not many people care about the story when it comes to UT but I actually loved the idea that it was about a crazy dangerous and deadly futuristic Arena sport with respawners that re-materialize. With the Unreal Championship 1 and 2 titles, they took it further and made it even more "Epic". People stood in the city square to watch all of it unfold on large display screens, and your advancement to the top made you a god...well, at least a god of a$$ kicking.

With UT3 they made it too serious and now it happens to be about a war with the Necris and a battlefield with respawners. If this is case, they should have made this Unreal 3 and focused on huge terrains more similar to Halo's. Which brings me to another thing. [See below]

To Epic,
    With Doom 3 and Half Life 2 having made their rounds (both huge games of the 90's) and Doom 4 nearing developmental phase, when are you going to recreate the "Unreal" experience. Unreal 1998 was one of the best story mode FPS games I'd ever set hands on! The Skaarj, the Nali, the ripjack gun and the lush environments with waterfalls...and despite the beautiful surroundings, some of is was dark and creepy, the way the lights would go out and then turn on and smack in front of you is a creepy a$$ Skaarj waiting to tear your throat out.

You began as a prisoner in transit, the ship crashes on a foreign planet and you had to figure out a way out/off the ship and then, inevitably, the planet. It was extremely fun with lots to explore. The multiplayer component of Unreal 1998 (similar to UT 2000), it was a massive attraction...but since then, everything has went UT. Unreal II the Awakening was awesome but feels like it never got the developmental attention it deserved and it certainly didn't look like the Unreal 2 engine when compared to its use in UT 2003 (released prior). So, I say to Epic "Bring back Unreal, bring back the Skaarj and those bizarre innocent Nali we use to love killing for no reason, and offer the classic Unreal game as an unlockable feature. Lastly, bring back the Unreal Championship series. I'm waiting for Xbox Live to offer UC2 as an "Xbox Original's" download so I can play it in a higher res. This time, switch the theme up, make it so that you are on the Necris side and you have to fight the previous champion (Anubis).

P.S. Bring back the cool opening screen music from UC1, I use to just let that thing play while I was off doing stuff around the house.
Working...
X