Custom Maps in Instant Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Maps in Instant Action

Is there a way I can play maps I've downloaded in-game off a server in instant action? Played all afternoon on a custom VCTF server and streamed a bunch of maps for play and they were a blast.

However they don't show up in instant action, despite insta-loading when they show up on that server again. Did they download to a server specific directory? (On the PC version)

Maps you download from servers in game go in the cache, you can extract them using this : Cache Converter

Comment

TY so much, chalk up another fail aspect of this game. I defend UT3 heavily online and to my friends, but I don't remember having to do this in 2k4. It's getting really hard to say this game is an improvement. I don't see how Epic is happy with leaving this the way it is considering the history UT has with them...:/

Thanks for the help.

Comment

You can go to multiplayer, then a host a server, and set it to LAN. All the maps will appear for play. I had the same the problem, and even when I got them to begin loading my game would crash instead of entering for Instant Action. Never had any problems with hosting a LAN game though. And you can still use all the bots you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by SocratesPwnsU View Post
          You can go to multiplayer, then a host a server, and set it to LAN. All the maps will appear for play. I had the same the problem, and even when I got them to begin loading my game would crash instead of entering for Instant Action. Never had any problems with hosting a LAN game though. And you can still use all the bots you would like.
          Smart call, thanks for that tip.

Comment

Should be a way to convert the cached maps from in game, but I am glad it dont save all the maps that get downloaded

Comment

Working...
            X