Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instagib against bots

Hi

What's up with Instagib on experienced difficulty. It's like after a certain amount of shots they never miss. Sometimes they even get me during a dodge. A little bit unfair I think. Anyone versed bots on Experienced in Instagib and owned them? Anyone got any advise or tips?

Turn off mouse acceleration

Comment

You are actually most vulnerable when dodging or jumping. If you play on Godlike, you'll notice that the second your feet leave the ground, you die.

Why?

Because as soon as you are airborne, your trajectory is pretty much determined, and the bots can easily calculate where you will be.

So in instagib vs bots, don't jump, don't dodge. Just strafe left and right a whole lot. That's the only thing that works vs them.

Comment

What else I've noticed is that as soon as you frag the bot, as soon as they spawn your dead like 4 out of 5 times...they are still glowing with the protection spawn time and bam, your dead.

This is more so with playing 1 v 1 in an Arena map.

Comment

Just keep practicing tbh. There isn't anything specific you can do to improve your chances other than having a good mouse setup and practicing your aim.

Comment

I found the bots don't behave like humans. They seem to have perfect vision in all directions, amongst other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Tolstoy the Cat View Post
              I found the bots don't behave like humans. They seem to have perfect vision in all directions, amongst other things.
              That would be the point.

Comment

Humans have capable hearing to pinpoint by sound. But UT3 has poor directional sound compared to many other games

Comment

Just do 5v5 instagib, w00tabulous, no spawn protection.

It's urhmm. like this:

Die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, move, die, die, die, die. repeat :P

Comment

don't play with bots when there are lots of Zero-Ping InstaGib servers coz it has no sense. Jump on a public server and test ur abilities there. If you get killed many times, don't get ****** only by dying you will be able to learn from your mistakes.

Comment

Practice online with people, eventually you'll be able to out-aim any bot.

Comment

Reaction time still isn't fixed. Do not play Instagib versus bots and expect a fair experience.

Comment

imo what's most annoying is that once they shot you, bots will stand in the same place from where they shot you until you happen to walk by next time and only then move again.
                          that - coupled with the insanely low reaction time - makes for very frustrating instagib games even on some of the lowest difficulty settings. instagib used to be my favorite mutator in all previous UT titles but i don't really touch it at all in UT3 because of this

Comment

In any case, even if you're good with aiming, bots in UT3 are too much accurate. Check the link secondary - the moment the bot starts firing, links stays on you till the moment you either break line-of-sight or die, whichever happens first.

Comment

They don't see the detail that you do either. If you have world detail high, you see a lot of trees and such to hide behind. They don't see it. You're standing in the open.

Comment

Working...
                              X