UT3 strategy guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 strategy guide?

Hey i was just wondering if they are going to make/have made a strategy guide for unreal tournament 3. As i usally buy one for great games. if there is could some one link to where i can buy one.

thanks KreatureKid

To tell ya the truth I don't think that there is a published strategy guide for UT3. Usually the fans will make a strategy threads, I think there one for warfare but I don't know of a general strategy thread tho .

If you have specific questions you have I'm sure that there are people here that will give you feedback.

Comment

Well I don't know from which country you are but here in The Netherlands the website bol.com has a strategy guide for sale about UT3, check this out:

http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSH...01004005848375

Comment

Yep, it's one of the good ones: http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Tournam...7342536&sr=1-1.

Comment

My favorite thing about the strategy guide is the way it shows all the branches of the singleplayer game. It's surprising to see just how many different paths and possible battles there are.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
            I bought the guide, and it wasn't what I expected. There is a lot of incorrect information in it. The map guides that provide information on where all the weapons/power-ups/vehicles are show a lot of things that are incorrect. Examples are how there is supposedly a Rocket Launcher in several of the WAR/vCTF Weapon Lockers, when really, it is a Flak Cannon, and how there is a Sniper Rifle in the back of Necropolis that is not shown. The explanations are not very clear, especially since the author's grammar and spelling are extremely poor. (This is just being picky, but it shows that not a lot of time was put into the research). He forgot to name the placement points of several important vehicles in many of the WAR maps too, not to mention the fact that many of the training ideas don't really make sense. Basically, the guide takes you through how the campaign works, and the storyline, and then provides info on the weapons and vehicles, describing how much damage each does, weapon loading and put-down time, vehicle controls for special maneuvers, and which weapon is good against another or vehicle vs. vehicle. Then it discusses the maps, but mostly the layouts, and not many tactical plans. The guide provides no info on tricks and hints that can be used specifically in each map. I would only recommend it to those who are new to the Unreal series, seriously interested in mastering the campaign, or those who just want to see the full-color screen shots of the maps.

Comment

If u like warfare check www.justwarfare.com and www.zerofrag.com. Search this forum(use key words as : guide ,new to ut3 etc) Check this page = nice links ,http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1457729.

Comment

It is worth picking up for the key guides for the maps.

There are some errors and bad advice in some places. Under the vehicle info it says the scorpion isn't good against mantas and vipers!?!?! Huh???

Comment

Originally posted by ZzyzX View Post
                  I bought the guide, and it wasn't what I expected. There is a lot of incorrect information in it. The map guides that provide information on where all the weapons/power-ups/vehicles are show a lot of things that are incorrect. Examples are how there is supposedly a Rocket Launcher in several of the WAR/vCTF Weapon Lockers, when really, it is a Flak Cannon, and how there is a Sniper Rifle in the back of Necropolis that is not shown. The explanations are not very clear, especially since the author's grammar and spelling are extremely poor. (This is just being picky, but it shows that not a lot of time was put into the research). He forgot to name the placement points of several important vehicles in many of the WAR maps too, not to mention the fact that many of the training ideas don't really make sense. Basically, the guide takes you through how the campaign works, and the storyline, and then provides info on the weapons and vehicles, describing how much damage each does, weapon loading and put-down time, vehicle controls for special maneuvers, and which weapon is good against another or vehicle vs. vehicle. Then it discusses the maps, but mostly the layouts, and not many tactical plans. The guide provides no info on tricks and hints that can be used specifically in each map. I would only recommend it to those who are new to the Unreal series, seriously interested in mastering the campaign, or those who just want to see the full-color screen shots of the maps.
                  Typically these guides are made using an early build of the game, in order to get them out in a timely fashion. Inevitably, things change between that build and the final.

Originally posted by Princess_Die View Post
                  There are some errors and bad advice in some places. Under the vehicle info it says the scorpion isn't good against mantas and vipers!?!?! Huh???
                  Depends on whether or not it can close with them...
                  Within range, it's excellent, outside of that, it's useless.

Comment

FYI - Here are some Warfare keyguides: http://www.beyondunreal.com/articles...re-key-guides/

Comment

erm is there one for xbox as im looking for one that gives u map info like where power ups are and where weps are aswell and some singleplayer info on how to get charaters kinda thing that would realy help me thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kreaturekid View Post
                        erm is there one for xbox as im looking for one that gives u map info like where power ups are and where weps are aswell and some singleplayer info on how to get charaters kinda thing that would realy help me thanks.

Map layouts for war maps http://www.beyondunreal.com/articles...re-key-guides/

Comment

The bset way to learn all the pro and/or cheezy stuff: Go online, join as Spectator on a gppd server with skilled players and watch them for a while ..... best way to see, what is possible.

I discovered many "tricks" (if you like to call it so) on my own, but during chating with other Specs while watching others i've seen some things, i just doesn't figured out on my own.

This way is better then any kind of reading stuff, because you see ingame, how everything works. If you just need to know, where all the weapons and items are spawning: Go Spec too, and make some "flys" around the map ;-)

Comment

Working...
                          X