Stupid CPU question about the gamw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid CPU question about the gamw

My computer came shipped to me with the cpu fan not properly secured and this supposively cause ti to "throttle down" the question here is i have a q6600 and at times during gameplay my fps would drop to 35 fps at times. my graphics card (in sig) is more than ample for me to be able to run it perfectly. When it throttles down does it ever go back up or does it stay at its throttled down speed even when temps are lower? I have shipped it back to the company for repair. I have a new cpu cooler (OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU Cooler $41.00 ) willthis fix my issue?

to solve this problem simply reseat your heatsink...

letting the CPU throttle all the time is not good. it won't last very long. throttling is a CPU's 'last resort' to save itself before complete shutdown...

Comment

Originally posted by i_hax View Post
      to solve this problem simply reseat your heatsink...

letting the CPU throttle all the time is not good. it won't last very long. throttling is a CPU's 'last resort' to save itself before complete shutdown...
      by complete shutdown do ykiou mean frying or blue screen? what temp will it go back to my overclocked settings.

Comment

BSOD is something Windoze does. Here is a discussion of the more common BSOD errors and what causes them.

The shutdown i_hax referred to is something the CPU does and is done to avoid allowing itself to be fried. However, repeatedly getting to this state is kind of like simmering it...it still gets cooked, just more slowly. I'm not sure about what controls what happens when the "shutdown" occurs, but it could involve either auto-rebooting the system or actually powering it off.

Comment

Working...
        X