No announcement yet.

Using the impact hammer as shield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked using the ut2k4 shield as a shield. Came in handy for jumping out of raptors and stuff. Never heard of using the impact hammer as a shield. It would be nice if you could.

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
      I liked using the ut2k4 shield as a shield. Came in handy for jumping out of raptors and stuff. Never heard of using the impact hammer as a shield. It would be nice if you could.
      You can reflect rockets with alternate hammer if you release at the exact good moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
        You can reflect rockets with alternate hammer if you release at the exact good moment.
        Back in UT1, yes.
        In UT3 that feature was replaced by the EMP mode which only damages vehicles and makes opponents drop their powerups.

Comment

Wormbo: Yes you can reduce the damage with the hammer. Try it for yourself. Deflecting I'm not so sure about though. Would be really nice.

When I tried it out I had a friend constantly shooting me with the rocket and I'm trying to survive without movement.

If it blows up in your face but there's no objects near, it must be a direct hit, no?

Comment

Could give it a go in splitscreen.
            Start instant action game.
            Type the folowing in the console:

debugcreateplayer 1
            loaded
            //switch to rocket launcer now in an open space
            startfire
            ssswapcontrollers (to switch to player 2)
            now see if you can deflect rockets or reduce damage.

Useful for checking if stuff are theoratically possible

Comment

You don't think it's more usefull than just dodging away of the rockets??

and the impact hammer is still always fun to evade/kill incoming manta's/vipers that want to hit and run you :P

Comment

Well I'm on the 360 so I have split-screen

Comment

In UT99 though, when you reflect rocket they always go to the side. It would of been awesome if you could reflect it back straight so it could hit the person who fired at you.

Can you use the Impact hammer to destroy mantas and vipers when they try to run you over?

Comment

Originally posted by UTCollector88 View Post
                    Can you use the Impact hammer to destroy mantas and vipers when they try to run you over?
                    Yep, with the alternate fire of the impact hammer.

Comment

What's piston camping?

Comment

If I understood it right, Piston Camping is standing with the Impact Hammer fully charged at one end of a teleport. The next frag won't hear your hammer, and won't be able to dodge you.

Comment

Does anyone else but me think that the shield gun in 2004 was a crappy melee weapon? I think even with the shield feature the impact hammer outdoes the shield gun.

Comment

The shield gun doesn't feel that powerful when you hit someone with it than the impact hammer does. I was dissapointed with the alternate fire of the shield gun also. Like why just only protect the front of you and not the back or all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                              There are still some 'no rules' servers on ut99 where you can piston camp all you want, and they're popular servers too.
                              Hope you aren't talking about Haleys Hothouse Servers I stopped playing there two years ago because since there are no rules, the cheaters just started pouring in.

Comment

Originally posted by UTCollector88 View Post
                                Does anyone else but me think that the shield gun in 2004 was a crappy melee weapon? I think even with the shield feature the impact hammer outdoes the shield gun.
                                The Shield Gun has a quicker put-down and bring-up time, allowing a fleeing flag carrier or dueler to quickly bring up the shield and run away from his/her opponent. It becomes easier to hit a player with the primary burst and instantly be able to switch to a better weapon or to perform backward shield-jumps while on the run back to the base, and then instantly bring up another weapon. The Impact Hammer is really loud too, whereas with the Shield you could sneak up on somebody more easy because of the softer, grinding sound. Although the IH might have the EMP secondary burst, it's only useful against players on foot in the map Fearless. It can repel Mantas and Vipers, but so can the Shock and Stinger secondary, without any health-ricohet costs. Plus, a Manta driver can just plasma you down while you are charging up the IH. Any skilled player would agree that the 2k4 Shield Gun is better than the "3" IH, although splattering somebody with the IH is def. much more fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X