Using the impact hammer as shield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the impact hammer as shield?

Anyone who has become efficient with this? I managed once to reduce the damage of a direct-hit rocket from 100 to 50. A couple of time from 100 to 85.

But it's incredibly hard. Anyone else who's been trying this? Might be useful if you learn it (if it's possible to get good at it that is).

Hmm in UT99, you were actually able to deflect rockets with the impact hammer. I wonder if this is still possible...

Comment

Good question, I supose you still can ^^

Comment

Yes you can, i did it few times in UT3 when i run out of amo, even against scorpion vehlice shots, but usually u dont have much time and chance, piston - impact hammer is incredibly powerfull - my favorits weapon in DM, i learned to use it for everything in UT99...

Comment

I miss piston camping. Even though it was only really useful on ctf-face, I played so much of ctf-face, that piston camping felt like it was a definining characteristic of ut99.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
            I miss piston camping. Even though it was only really useful on ctf-face, I played so much of ctf-face, that piston camping felt like it was a definining characteristic of ut99.
            And it's usefulness is why Shield Camping on UT2k4 FaceClassic was banned.

Comment

As far as I can tell, you can't actually use the Impact Hammer to reflect or otherwise protect against attacks. All it does now is damaging whatever it hits. And if you hit something other than another player, you will inflict damage to yourself.

Rockets on the other hand don't react to damage at all. If a rocket hit doesn't do 100 damage it probably wasn't a real direct hit.

Comment

It would be superb if we could reflect like in 99. And with fast weapon switch time of course for its effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                  Rofl, I`m still a hardcore ut99 face player, and piston camping is considered cheating on just about every server. LAME.

Comment

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
                    Rofl, I`m still a hardcore ut99 face player, and piston camping is considered cheating on just about every server. LAME.
                    There are still some 'no rules' servers on ut99 where you can piston camp all you want, and they're popular servers too.

Comment

Piston camping works in ut3, but theres only 1 map with a portal!

Comment

And that one map is? Deck? Face? Gateway? Deimos?

Comment

You're supposed to be able to see on the other side in some portals, but not all of them, given it has an impact on framerates if you are on the other side of the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                            You're supposed to be able to see on the other side in some portals, but not all of them, given it has an impact on framerates if you are on the other side of the portal.
                            Really? I thought there was a setting for that. I think it has to do with world detail.

Comment

Back in UT2004 I got 50 kills in the first 20 mins with the impact hammer (online) in a no time limit 100 kill match. lol After that the other plays ganged up on me

Comment

Working...
                              X