Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Music

Hi

I love the soundtrack of UT3. I actually bought it before I got the game I was that interested in it. But unfornately the music isn't loud enough when playing a match, even when the bar is max. Is it possible to make a mutator that makes the music louder or does the latest patch make the music louder? Is there something you can do to make the music more hearable?

I increased my music volume further by editing the value in (I think) the UTGame ini file, found in My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config. Search for MusicVolume - I increased mine to 0.65, and lowered the StingerVolumeMultiplier (stingers are the short tunes that play with kills/deaths/other events) to 0.8.

If the music volume is abnormally low no matter what, though, then it might be worth searching the Troubleshooting section for a solution.

Comment

Take the mp3s from the UT soundtrack, and place them in WINAMP. Press play, change the volume to whatever level you want, and start UT3. Once you get into UT3, turn the in-game music off (since it is already playing in Winamp). Therefore, you get to control the volume the way you want, there is no dynamic music, and you can use hot keys to change songs. Problem solved.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the info. I will make sure I do one of those two things next time, before I play.

Comment

By the way, don't forget three readily composed tracks by Kevin Riepl that were not included in the release of UT3!

Listen to them there: http://krminc.blogspot.com/2008/07/u...ic-tracks.html

I didn't know the soundtrack could be bought on CD though. Cool...

Comment

Hi

Checked out the sight. But I don't really like any of those songs. I really miss the Razorback song in UT3. They should of done a remix of that song too!

Comment

There is one more thing I have noticed UT3 about the music. It doesn't play all the way through, it stops and starts at certain times. Is there a way you can stop that or is it just the way the music was incorporated into the levels?

Comment

It depends on how well ur going in the game

http://krminc.blogspot.com/2008/07/u...ic-tracks.html cool link its gots the Strident and Coret sounds..woot thanx mate

Comment

Originally posted by UTCollector88 View Post
                  I really miss the Razorback song in UT3. They should of done a remix of that song too!
                  Yeah that's a cool track, and some of the others too. I've messed around with the source in Impulse Tracker, but never done an actual remix

Originally posted by UTCollector88 View Post
                  There is one more thing I have noticed UT3 about the music. It doesn't play all the way through, it stops and starts at certain times. Is there a way you can stop that or is it just the way the music was incorporated into the levels?
                  It's dynamic music.. Quite annoying if you really do like the music, and just want to listen to it through. It's good and bad at the same time.

Comment

For those people that love the UT3 soundtrack and want to hear it with no interruptions, Here is the link to the dynamic music poll: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25486395

Comment

I've already provided a solution to the dynamic music in this very thread.

Get Winamp. Get the UT3 Soundtrack. Play the soundtrack in winamp. Turn the in-game music to OFF. When you do this, you will get rid of dynamic music.

Unless of course you are playing on a console. Then I guess you're gonna have to put the UT3 soundtrack in a stereo or something.

Comment

Winamp

I have downloaded winamp and will install it and use it before the next time I play.

Thanks

Comment

Did you download any of the Winamp remote add ons?

Comment

Nope, I just installed the standard free version with hotkeys so that I could control the UT3 soundtrack while in game. For example, while I'm playing, if I want to change the song, I press CTR + ALT + PG DWN.

Comment

Ok. I think I will reinstall it without the remote addons. Because I will never use them anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X