Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand, what happened to the respected vCTF players? (PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand, what happened to the respected vCTF players? (PC)

I went on vacation for 3 weeks. 3 weeks.
    And now that I have returned, ALL the respected players I knew on vCTF have turned to lame killing, spawnraping and gaying in overall. I really don't understand...Before, these vCTF'ers were agressive and tried flag running, and I joined them, and it was so much fun, both being their ally and opponent. Now, as soon as the map starts they hop in their manta ready for some spawnraping. If they get in a raptor, you only see them attacking when they have got the uDamage, and most of the time they just try to lamekill people above the longbow avril, as soon as they got their from the jumppad (Suspense). A quick kill, and off they go healing. No support to their team whatsoever. I've seen the best vCTF'ers from 3 weeks before now just camp their SPMA in their base. I've been sniped by the best flag runners who were lying hidden in their base, even though it was 0-5. What happened to you guys? Has somebody been giving out drugs while I was away?
    Please return to your normal status guys. Am I really the only one who hasn't tried spawnraping yet, even though I know it can get my quick easy kills and ranks? Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy camping anymore?

I won't give out names, but assume they are all the best. Except for Gf@zZzZ. He seems to be the only one who still plays to score and not for the FREAKING ranks.

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
    He seems to be the only one who still plays to score and not for the FREAKING ranks.
    Nobody spawnkills for "ranks". If they were playing for "ranks" they'd drop vCTF and exclusively orbwhore/corewhore in Warfare. They're probably spawnkilling cause they're bored of the "competition".

Comment

Okay. My point is still the same though.

Comment

I bet the few maps became boring somehow and they need new ones.

Comment

I could've sworn camping, sniping and laming is more boring than activily trying to achieve something. My bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
            Okay. My point is still the same though.
            You're not paying attention. They don't do it for ranks. They do it cause they're bored. That's the point. Intramural sports are only fun for so long. You want real competition, get in a clan and compete, why are you looking for that in a pub?

Comment

Im guessing you're talking about Suspense in particular, well, the map has it's limitations despite being a great map. 1 route for the flag runner (you know the one, jumpboots out of the base, past the spawn area, onto the jumppad up to the bridge, then pray for some cover, or fall into the water). The Multiplay servers have umpteen Suspense only servers, all crammed with players, playing the same map over and over and over. Of course people are gonna get bored, and as they say "familiarity breeds contempt", people are starting to hate the map, has been happening for quite a while now. I rarely play the pubs anymore due to the lack of maps in the rotation, there's more than enough half decent VCTF maps suitable for server play made by the community, but yet none are being added to the servers, why? I have no idea, you'll have to ask the Multiplay or Epic Midway admins...there's quite a few of them, trouble is Warfare is their main concern, as most of them come from justWarfare.com.

Comment

vctf players are some of the worst when it comes to fighting on foot.

Comment

Um, well...

We could use some more players in regular CTF, which is a lot more intense than vctf matches. Come play CTF, and, if you can find anyone, I guarantee we don't play like noobs.

Comment

Okay. Can somebody give me the ip of a server where more experienced, non-laming vCTF'ers play?

@GumbyPants: Well, I always check if there are CTF servers first before vCTF, but the problem is CTF has quite high ping (for me).

Comment

i think too stop play suspnce so many lame player i think it time for ctf i hava lately play at the pub server the so many lame player respawnkiller flagcampers hit ands run noob

Comment

lame plàyers suck big time

Comment

I have capped the flag 1154 times, is that not enough to satisfy you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbypants View Post
                            Um, well...

We could use some more players in regular CTF, which is a lot more intense than vctf matches. Come play CTF, and, if you can find anyone, I guarantee we don't play like noobs.
                            Word. Go on FlagJunkies. I'll give you a run for your money

Comment

Originally posted by Ka6uki View Post
                              I bet the few maps became boring somehow and they need new ones.
                              We have the cure to your stock map blues!

Join the VCTF Custom Map BBQ Party 2!
                              http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=618410

I can gaurantee that people will not be nearly as interested in spawn killing and sitting around sniping on brand spankin new maps that are all fancy and new and stuff!

If you enjoy VCTF and want to see the community grow and thrive, you owe it to yourself to go to this party, experience the awesomeness, and then get your other servers to start hosting custom maps as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X