No announcement yet.

PC Vs Console Jumping Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think jumping is the same, but the fact that you can't dodge forward/backward is a handicap. so if you put you mouse/controller sensivity to 10 and turn real quickly you are able to nail them yust like people on pc do.

Comment

Originally posted by KayoticKiller View Post
      I'll need to get with my Two_Fase and Arkos to have them show me some tips on these. Black_Star, when are you usually playing UT3?
      All times of the day. It's random. I play whenever I got nothing to do.

Comment

for the tower to redeemer do

jump
        wall dodge off tower
        boot jump to redeemer

this will help get a little more distance rather than just the dodge boot jump

hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by grogovich View Post

jump
          wall dodge off tower
          boot jump to redeemer

hope it helps
          grogovich, thanks for the extra tip every little bit helps. Also, thank you Black_Star for your help as well.

Comment

jump
            wall dodge off tower
            boot jump to redeemer

hope it helps
            Thanks, that solved my issue, I was trying to do it off a normal dodge

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
              Thanks, that solved my issue, I was trying to do it off a normal dodge
              Thats great

When i first did it i did it via the wall dodge. It wasnt until later that i found out for PC that it could be done with just a dodge as well. I guess it probably can still be done on PS3 with just the dodge, but due to control limitations it would be 10 times harder.

And remember there are more than one way to get there. There are tonnes of videos for Sandstorm jumps (like one in sig) and once you learn those, you become almost unstoppable and unpredictable for sandstorm flag runs (as well as it looks cool :P)

Comment

Thats great

When i first did it i did it via the wall dodge. It wasnt until later that i found out for PC that it could be done with just a dodge as well. I guess it probably can still be done on PS3 with just the dodge, but due to control limitations it would be 10 times harder.
                It's not that hard to do the dodge jump on PS3. At least not as hard as people are making it out to be.

Comment

So, I've been practicing the assorted jumps we've been talking about and I kind of have the basic idea down. However, I'm super struggling with the trying to figure impact hammer jumps out. Anyone have any points they can provide to make the learning curve a bit easier. I'm not sure if this is contributing to my problem, but both of my ps3 controllers are "sticking", meaning that i can take my thumb off the of left analog stick and my character still moves. But I don't have $100.00 to replace both of them right now. So, any ideas and/or suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

It's all about jump boots and the acceleration which elevator gives you.

Comment

Originally posted by KayoticKiller View Post
                      So, I've been practicing the assorted jumps we've been talking about and I kind of have the basic idea down. However, I'm super struggling with the trying to figure impact hammer jumps out. Anyone have any points they can provide to make the learning curve a bit easier. I'm not sure if this is contributing to my problem, but both of my ps3 controllers are "sticking", meaning that i can take my thumb off the of left analog stick and my character still moves. But I don't have $100.00 to replace both of them right now. So, any ideas and/or suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
                      Ok for long distance hammer jumps with boots (horizontal)

jump in air against a wall. Then dodge backwards away from wall then 0.1 seconds later release hammer. Dodge first, hammer second. Then do second jump with boots to get long distance :P

The above i use in sandstorm all the time, and i average 5+ flag caps per match on this map, even against really strong opposition.

for vertical, jump first, hammer second, but a lot closer compared to horizontal.

Practice it! the more the better. It is very useful for escape routes in most vctf maps

Comment

Ok for long distance hammer jumps with boots (horizontal)

jump in air against a wall. Then dodge backwards away from wall then 0.1 seconds later release hammer. Dodge first, hammer second. Then do second jump with boots to get long distance :P

The above i use in sandstorm all the time, and i average 5+ flag caps per match on this map, even against really strong opposition.

for vertical, jump first, hammer second, but a lot closer compared to horizontal.

Practice it! the more the better. It is very useful for escape routes in most vctf maps
                        You can't dodge backwards on PS3 so your method won't work. Just face the wall, jump and release the IH as soon as you hit the jump button. Practice horizontal hammer jumps. Try to get your timing consistent. Once you can hit hammer jumps consistently add the jump boots for long distance.

Comment

Working...
                        X