PC Vs Console Jumping Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Vs Console Jumping Distance

I've been trying to duplicate a jump I saw on a youtube video on the ps3, but can't seem to replicate it. The individual that made the video was able to clear the jump with what appeared to be a ton of room to spare. However, while trying to do this same jump on the PS3 version, I am OH SO CLOSE. So that made me start wondering, is the initial jump on the pc version have a longer distance than the console version or is it possible that this person is using some type of jumping mutator?!?

Is it the sandstorm dodge jump?

Comment

On the PC version it is a lot easier to dodge, due to the console's dodge implementation simple moves like a continuation dodge are nearly imposable. The gamespeed might also be a marginal factor.

Can you please link us to the youtube you are talking about, it would help allot.

Comment

it is on vCTF Sandstorm, guy comes up through the hole right above the flag, then jumps off the broken bridge to the other side then onto the platform by the redeemer. can this move be duplicated on the ps3?

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUnz5igMxFw

The first jump i am trying to learn is about a 1 minute into the video.

I'd also like to figure out the jump from the top of the platform where the beserker vile is, if its possible?

This second one is about 1 minute and 40 seconds into the video.

Comment

I don't think it can, I spent hours trying to do that last jump and couldn't, the first two jumps are easy enough though.

Comment

obviously the first jump is a piece of cake, but i can't seem to duplicate the second one. How do you get from the side of the flag to the pillar? is there a "trick" to it? or is it simply the right timing?

Comment

it's a dodge jump, you need to turn perpendicular to where you want to land, dodge and then subsequently jump then correct your positioning midair.

Comment

Watched the video, then tried it. I got it down by the second try on my PC, no mods.
                They require a continuation dodge + jump boots and they can then be pulled off with a descent success rate. Sadly the console controls might make this hard as the dodge is actuated by the stick being left or right. Ill try it later if i feel like it.

The berserker jump is merely a lift jump+ boot jump, and should be easy to pull off on the PS3.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed a long time ago that movement is nerfed a little on consoles. Like you can't wall dodge with your back to the wall or facing the wall. It annoys the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                    Sadly the console controls might make this hard as the dodge is actuated by the stick being left or right.
                    I was going to say at least the PS3 supports mouse and kb, but then I remembered that you can't dodge unless you use a controller.

Extremely surprised that has never been fixed.

Comment

These jumps can be done easily and repeatedly on the ps3. The Sandstorm dodge-jump+jump boots is the way some people have been going Redeemer route on the ps3 for weeks now, since people complain that the rock shouldn't be accessible to Blue. Arkos, Xerxes, ColussusSlayer - All players I've seen do this jump sequence with ease.

The only inconsistent part of the jump sequence should be from the tower to the Redeemer area, as it is the longest distance, hardest to initiate dodge-jump.

Another way to try is to lift-jump+jump-boot to the top of the Avril tower, jump-boot to the next tower, dodge-jump+jump-boot to the Redeemer area. This will give you plenty of extra clearance and people will think you are waiting for an airlift most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by blackSunday View Post
                        I was going to say at least the PS3 supports mouse and kb, but then I remembered that you can't dodge unless you use a controller.

Extremely surprised that has never been fixed.
                        You been able to dodge with KBM since the first patch back in april

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                          You been able to dodge with KBM since the first patch back in april
                          The PS3 implementation =! the PC implementation, tapping jump to dodge is very strange to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                            I don't think it can, I spent hours trying to do that last jump and couldn't, the first two jumps are easy enough though.
                            I know at least two people who can. I believe you can only do it on one side of the map though. The other side is impossible and I don't remember which side it is.

Comment

I'll go test it out again

Comment

Working...
                              X