is the 360 version worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the 360 version worth it?

I picked up the pc version only to realize my pc wont run the game, cause its an outdated piece of junk (and i dont have the money right now to upgrade), so i was wondering if the Xbox 360 version is worth looking into.

I just picked up a copy for the 360 a week ago and I'm loving it. It's definitely worth buying.
    IMO

Comment

360 version is amazing.

Comment

first thing to come to mind and pardon me for it but
        what type of imbecile buys a next gen game for a pc he knows is garbage?
        dont ask someone else's opinion, theres someone who likes everything period.
        go rent the game and see if you like it, if you dont - stay away. if you do - GET IT. its that simple.
        personally i think every shooter on the 360 is utter garbage because quite frankly a controller just is not good for precision aiming, hence why you have this sticky aim and autoaim ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Zera View Post
          first thing to come to mind and pardon me for it but
          what type of imbecile buys a next gen game for a pc he knows is garbage?
          dont ask someone else's opinion, theres someone who likes everything period.
          go rent the game and see if you like it, if you dont - stay away. if you do - GET IT. its that simple.
          It's so nice that for some people everything is so simple... the "pardon me for it but what type of imbecile..." part is the best. Manners.

Comment

Originally posted by Zera View Post
            personally i think every shooter on the 360 is utter garbage because quite frankly a controller just is not good for precision aiming, hence why you have this sticky aim and autoaim ****.
            The pen is mightier than the sword. Fighting with pens is fun.

Comment

Although I agree mouse aiming is easier, I tend to miss analogue movement.

I also agree with the rent the game first, I have the PS3 and PC versions and I play neither very much. Good fun when I do, but even with custom content the game is a bit limited. I keep checking back periodically for a decent sized bonus pack and a patch. Luckily the community has given us a couple of gems.

It can be hard getting good online games unless you're close to a decent server, definitely rent first if MP is what you're after as the netcode doesn't handle distance very well.

Decent enough game but the SP and MP components are limited in comparison to most other current gen titles. Rent and try yourself.

Comment

I own UT3 for the PC as well as the 360 version. Both are great, but there are definitely different reasons to own each version. For me, the PC version is best for tweaking, downloading maps and mods, and fooling around with. The 360 version has gotten a lot more actual gameplay from me just because that's where all my friends are doing their gaming.

Comment

I'm a smuck, I have all three versions.

PC, is great, but since I mainly work on my laptop I don't like playing games on it. So basically I use it for a diversion every now and then.

PS3, Mods are a great feature, just be prepared, 19 out of 20 downloads are ****. Also me personally I don't think the PlayStation's controller shape works well with FPS's, I bought it cause I didn't know if the 360 version would ever come out and I barely played it due to that fact.

360 version, I paid for it as someone was unpacking it from there delivery. I love this version, controller works nicely with FPS's, LIVE works great with UT3, and it looks great!!! Doesn't have any depth, multiplayer only, but it's one of the best multiplayer experiences you can buy. Worth every penny I paid for it, I love it, it has 55 maps total and I am looking forward to more coming from Epic.

Comment

I also have the PS3 and 360 versions so obviously id say its worth it! best FPS on both systems imo. Both have they're own good points, but my personal favourite is the 360 version for different reasons... so buy it already!

Comment

I love this game on the 360... Graphics, sounds, live etc are great... I would prefer not to have to push a button to talk, but there is a work around for it. If bandwidth is a consideration, you can map the "talk" button to one of the sticks if you like. That way you never have to stop "what you are doing to talk"...

Comment

Watch out, the game is far shorter-lived without mods.

Comment

I'd also agree with those who advise you rent it first - however, if you have a PC it might be worth trying as I was able to find a new copy for £8 delivered in the UK, so you can own it for not much more than the price of the rental

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
                          Watch out, the game is far shorter-lived without mods.
                          +1 - IMHO, if there wasn't a new map or three pretty much every day, I would have got bored of the game months ago.

Originally posted by Keltic Rage View Post
                          just be prepared, 19 out of 20 downloads are ****.
                          I wouldn't take too much notice of comments like this - the poster is entitled to his opinion but that's all it is; if mods or the ability to use keyboard & mouse interest you, try the PC or PS3 version & decide for yourself. If you prefer the 360, like the idea of split-screen, or your friends play on the 360, perhaps that version would be more ideal.

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, is that mods make this game - I have over 300 mods installed on my PS3 & IMO they're all high quality. It's not really possible to take someone else's word for it - you may try them & decide you love them or hate them.

However, I can't agree with Keltic Rage's choice of words - to arbitrarily announce that 95% of user-created content is "****" is something of an insult to the people who put in a great deal of their time, creativity & sheer hard work in an effort to improve the longevity & appeal of this game

Comment

360 version is awesome IMO, campaign is a little bit odd, kinda wish they brought back the original singleplayer style from UT1. Multiplayer kicks ***, the big open battles are amazing. It may not have mods like the pc and ps3 versions do, but if your a hardcore fan of unreal, you wont need em. Playing a good old 4v4 deathmatch game on the decks brings me back to the old days.

Comment

The 360 version is good, but is worse than the Ps3 or the PC version for the no keyboard/mouse compatibility and the inexistence of a way to put mods in the Xbox version...

Comment

Working...
                              X