Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utilizing terrain in Vehicles - UT3 Guide with Pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what a professional guide! I'm very impressed. Thanks a ton!

I would like to suggest adding two things to it:

1. When using cover while reloading the Goliath, it's best to drive backwards that way less of the vehicle is exposed when firing.

2. I didn't see this, maybe you mentioned it. AVRILs can be 'stolen' by team mates. If a lock is not achieved withing 2 seconds of firing then the AVRIL is 'free' for anyone on your team to give it a target. This means that a group of people can fire AVRILs up in the air, but only one person must be exposed to lock them all on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
      Not a vehicle, but the flak cannon can also be used as an indirect fire weapon; you can lob the secondary over a rock or hill to hit something without revealing yourself...
      Thanks Shadowdancer, its a shame there is no Bio on Vehicle maps either.
      Originally posted by bclagge View Post
      Wow, what a professional guide! I'm very impressed. Thanks a ton!

I would like to suggest adding two things to it:

1. When using cover while reloading the Goliath, it's best to drive backwards that way less of the vehicle is exposed when firing.
      Thanks alot bclagge, your 'Islander Guide' is great work too.
      1. The point on reversing the Goliath is quite explicitly mentioned if you go back and look.
      Originally posted by bclagge View Post
      2. I didn't see this, maybe you mentioned it. AVRILs can be 'stolen' by team mates. If a lock is not achieved withing 2 seconds of firing then the AVRIL is 'free' for anyone on your team to give it a target. This means that a group of people can fire AVRILs up in the air, but only one person must be exposed to lock them all on.
      Thats a great tip, I can imagine some great work using this, especialy with voice communication. Thanks alot.
      ShadeMistress over at Just Warfare.com also informed me of an ability the AVRIL has in finding hidden Hellfire SPMAs. To quote:
      "Yeah, if you lock onto a Hellfire camera, the Avril will take off towards the camera until the Hellfire comes into it's line of sight.
      Then you get a little message like "SPMA Aquired" at the bottom of the screen. Best part about that is you no longer need to worry about the lock-on because even if the Hellfire started to drive off, the lock remains constant."

Great stuff eh!
      As ever thanks to everyone for the props too. Crayfish.

Comment

Originally posted by Crayfish View Post
        1. The point on reversing the Goliath is quite explicitly mentioned if you go back and look.
        Sorry about that. I thought it might have been but I haven't read it fully yet.

Comment

Just a Bump, since its been a while, we really need a Strategy and Tactics forum for UT3..

Comment

Wow it's been a while since I've seen this thread. I've gotta say it again, what a great guide! I'm gonna go post some links to this in other forums.

Comment

good job. ya that mustve taken awhile

Comment

Just use common sense

Comment

This guide is awesome. I love the screenshots.

TheVoid34 once said something along these lines:
                  Another clean and easy way to kill the Nemesis on foot is to just use the Flak Cannon. Try to get next to its sides up close, so this way it can't run you over and it won't be able to track you well with its turret. Each Flak Primary shot will 100 damage, because a full-on shot does 125 to infantry, 100 to a vehicle. Only takes 6 well-placed shots and some decent dodging skills, and that pesky Necris vehicle goes to heck in a matter of 12 seconds

Comment

Yeah Flak is great against any vehicle you can get close enough to land all the shot. Its especialy satisfling taking out a manta in this fashion

Comment

Nice guide, I like the overview pictures

Comment

Thnx, long time since I looked at this. Might do another Guide soon..

Comment

OR STUFF LIKE THIS COULD HAVE IT'S OWN THREAD, LIKE OVER HERE:
                          http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=257

this stuff is quite nice, i even refer back to it on occaision to be completely aware of how much i suck.

Comment

Yes, this very nice thread and some others really need to get placed into a sticky thread called beginner and Intermediate guides or something.

This was posted a year ago, so it's a birthday. Happy birthday!

Comment

Working...
                            X