UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Since the feature set of patch 1.3 has been frozen, request features for the 4th PC patch in this thread. This thread is for technical issues only and not for requests for maps or other additional content. Personally I want a quick patch that patches a few critical issues instead of a big patch that takes months to make.

Since the feature set of patch 1.3 has been frozen, request features for the 4th PC patch in this thread.
    This thread is for technical issues only and not for requests for maps or other additional content.
    Personally I want a quick patch that patches a few critical issues instead of a big patch that takes months to make.

Dear Epic,

We have some wishes we would like to see in future versions of Unreal Tournament III.

This summary was created by Nightmare85.

Please do not post bugs, only requests/wishes!
    If you have bugs, then post it in the UT3 bug list thread, please.
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=627215
    Thanks!

01. Add a reply function for incoming messages

When a message comes, you can only read it.
    If you want to write back, you have to go to the friends menu and send a new message.

02. A server information of your friend's server

Currently, you can only "Follow" your friends, without to know on which server they are.
    So you only can hope it is a nice server or map.
    Detailed information (what kind of game mode, which map, if mutators are used and so on) would be fine.

03. Shuffle teams at end of the round

If there is winning team, the players are always together.
    Some fair players change the team but often they stay in the same team.
    The teams were shuffled in UT 2004.

04. Camera change for vehicles

There is only 1 view when you are in a vehicle.
    Some players prefer other cameras like it was in UT 2004.

05. Add a button to get from an active player to a spectator

You can join the game as spectator and easily become an active player.
    However, you can't get back to a spectator.
    I also think it would be fair if a spectator can't spectate a flag carrier in CTF and V-CTF.
    A player could simply switch to spectator and search the flag carrier (or just click the mouse button).
    After this it is no more secret where the enemy flag carrier is and this would be unfair.

06. Easier 1st person view and crosshair while spectating

A spectator usually sees the players from the 3rd person view.
    With the console command behindview you can see the player from behind.
    An option would be the better way.
    Why not adding a crosshair, too?

07. Copy and paste in console

Would be nice if we could copy a text from the console.
    If you want to copy something what another player wrote.

08. More CTF- and V-CTF maps

There are currently many DM/TDM/Duel and Warfare maps.
    1 or 2 more CTF and V-CTF maps won't be bad.

09. Option to turn off taunts

Some people really "spam" with their taunts.
    So it would be good if there is an option to turn them off.

10. Possiblility to change the announcer type

There are some important announces like "Red Core is critical" and some other which aren't that important.
    An option to adjust the announcer would be good.

11. Ability to access the server browser while connected

When you play on a server you can't access the server browser if you want to change the server.
    You always have to disconnect and go to the browser.

12. Saving of Instant Action settings

The settings are always the same, even if you change them.
    After leaving the game and starting it again, all settings are default.

13. Create specific teams in Instant Action

For example 1 player and 3 bots in team blue and 10 bots in team red.
    Via console command or in menu.

14. Saving binding commands

You now can set some key bindings in console.
    Example: setbind h "say hello" and it works.
    However, if you leave the game and start it again, it does not work anymore.

15. Increase the Field of View (FoV)

More than 100 would be effective because many of us have a widescreen monitor.

16. Make it possible to throw away weapons

Sometimes you kill an enemy and pick up his weapon by mistake.
    If the weapon only has 1 shot (for example Avril) and there is no ammo in the map, you got a problem.
    I think it would be fair if you only can throw away enemy's weapons.

17. Option to disable the dynamic music

It could annoy some players if the map music is played a long time.
    So it would be good to include an option in audio options.

18. Make Mantas and Vipers louder

They are way too quiet and players often get killed because they did not hear them and had no chance.

19. Show player names when aiming at enemies

Sometimes you see an enemy and don't know who he is (especially if the demo bug happened).
    If you aim him around 1 sec, you should see his name.

20. Custom hud

It should be possible that we can customize our own hud.
    Settings transparency of the mini map and so on.

21. A way to add a server to favourites while playing on it

When you follow a friend or you are just on an unknown server, maybe you like it and want to add it to your favourites.
    An option for that would be good.
    Looking in history and searching it is not the best way.

22. Add a votekick option

If there is an undisciplined player (flamer, glitcher, cheater) the players should have the chance to kick him.
    (There is not always an admin online.)

23. Stay lying down after fall from hoverboard

Sometimes a player moves with his hoverboard and gets shot.
    In some cases it would be better if the player stays lying down instead of getting up.
    An example would be to press the key for feign death if he won't get up.

24. Automatically disable hoverboard tricks when grapple something

Quote:
    Its really annoying trying to grapple but instead pulling a useless trick that makes you ragdoll. - Flylikeamouse

25. Add the player number in scoreboard

When you are on a server and watch the stats, you don't see the number of players.
    That means you have to count it (if you want to check how uneven the teams are).

26. Auto team balance

It is possible to play for example 2 vs 7.
    There should be a server option to activate auto team balancing.
    (Maybe after a player dies, he could become swapped).

27. First person view on hoverboard

It should be possible, too.
    Sometimes the player could see in 1st person view some things better than in 3rd person view.

28. Let users be able to play on a server while downloading a map from another one

It was possible in UT99, UT2003 and UT2004 that you play on server A while downloading a map from server B.
    Better than just watching a screen with %.

29. Remove the vote timer if you are the only one on a server

Sometimes you are alone with bots on a server and wait for some real players.
    If you are alone until the end of the map, then there is no need for a vote time because no one except you can vote.

Version 1.1 - 08-10-23 - added #28, #29; fixed #5; changed #2, #7, #23, #25, #26; fixed some spelling and visual mistakes; removed the underline
    Version 1.0 - 08-10-18

-Add option to server browser to return servers from All gametypes at once.
    -Some ability to mouse scroll zoom from the vehicle, even just a bit... but preferably like it was in 2k4

Comment

Originally posted by recoiledsnake View Post
      2. Fix the 'demo guy' problem
      Hi. To date we have not been able to reproduce the default character issue people report. It seems to be a combination of the maxcustomchar ini file setting being reached and/or the order folks joined, both of which is by design.

There was a report of it occurring in instant action, which sounds like a promising lead, but we're unable to duplicate the behavior (0 out of 20 attempts).

Unless we can repro the issue here, it's not possible for us to confirm any code change made had an effect. Any additional info on this issue would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
        Hi. To date we have not been able to reproduce the default character issue people report. It seems to be a combination of the maxcustomchar ini file setting being reached and/or the order folks joined, both of which is by design.

There was a report of it occurring in instant action, which sounds like a promising lead, but we're unable to duplicate the behavior (0 out of 20 attempts).

Unless we can repro the issue here, it's not possible for us to confirm any code change made had an effect. Any additional info on this issue would be much appreciated.
        Thats really odd as we (or atleast I) experiance this issue at least once each time I start gaming online. I mainly play TDM with up to 32 players. It doesnt seem like it matters what map is on, it just happens from time to time. Im sure that if you jump between a lot of servers you will run into the same issue.

Im sorry that Im not able to contribute with something of more value.

-tJev

Comment

I can't contribute much useful info, but it happens on Xbox360 too so we have no access to possibly altered '.ini' files.

Comment

Originally posted by UnskilledPRO View Post
            Thats really odd as we (or atleast I) experiance this issue at least once each time I start gaming online. I mainly play TDM with up to 32 players. It doesnt seem like it matters what map is on, it just happens from time to time. Im sure that if you jump between a lot of servers you will run into the same issue.
            Originally posted by Leviner7 View Post
            I can't contribute much useful info, but it happens on Xbox360 too so we have no access to possibly altered '.ini' files.
            Sure, but our theory is that the people you saw as default characters:

1) Joined after you did, which means rather than lockup your client while you load the character model, we show the default character.

or

2) Exceeded 12 players on that server, meaning the max custom characters allowed was exceeded, resulting in those overflow players being the default character.

Both of those are expected behavior.

Comment

Just change teams on a server to reproduce the demoguy bug.

Comment

1. The ability to go to spectate from in-game. ie. A spectate button.
                2. Add a reply button to incoming messages.
                3. Team speech binder commands "Incoming", "defend the flag", "take their flag", "I'm going in", "I'm on defence" etc (essential for team based games!)
                4. UTAreaNamingVolumes to actually do something in-game, ie show next to players chat messages.
                5. Fix the Nightshade bug of sometimes laying the wrong deployable.
                6. First Person view in spectate to show the weapons and projectiles
                7. Vehicles to be shown in spectate when player is not in the primary seat.
                8. Killing bots in online games to NOT count towards stats.
                9. Abililty to spectate in Instant Action, essential for us mappers to check botpathing.
                10. Instant 'IMPORTANT' announcer messages, "Red Flag Returned", ie no queueing for these.

Just a quick note to the OP or a mod, might be worth adding "[PC]" to the title of this thread, otherwise it may cause some confusion.

Comment

Ability to go into spectate mode while playing without disconnecting and rejoining. (like in UT2k4).

Comment

Originally posted by plugh View Post
                    Just change teams on a server to reproduce the demoguy bug.
                    Sounds like a promising lead. Our team colors are definitely separate textures, so that could explain why other people see the default character, but your client should still see it correctly.

Will investigate. Thanks!

Comment

1. The ability to go to spectate from in-game. ie. A spectate button.
                      2. Add a reply button to incoming messages

Comment

Sure, but our theory is that the people you saw as default characters:

1) Joined after you did, which means rather than lockup your client while you load the character model, we show the default character.

or

2) Exceeded 12 players on that server, meaning the max custom characters allowed was exceeded, resulting in those overflow players being the default character.

Both of those are expected behavior.
                        If that's expected behavior, then having enemy player's names showing up will mitigate the problem of identifying who you are fighting a lot.

Also, having an option to change the default character(instead of the demo guy) will help a lot in making the game look better since there are a ton of nice models that look way better than the demo guy!

Comment

WARfare fixes to increase playability for all and make it more n00b friendly

I had these in the 1.3, but likely addeed them too late to be considered;

---> Smaller name tags that are very short range only and do not block your view

The player name tags of your team mates are way too big and block your view. Makes it hard to aim at enemy players blocked by the oversize name tags. These should be small and only be visible at very short range. I have seen others have this same complaint. It is especially a pain in WARfare. You only need to know who the player is real up close, not at medium or long range.

--->FIX announcements

The announcer gives bad/wrong/horrible advice. For example, it tells you to attack the mine node while you prime node is under attack. It then tells you to defend the prime node seconds before the enemy has captured it. Then once the enemy has captured it it tells you to attack the prime node. As soon as the node turns white, the announcer tells you to attack the mine node.

This is no big deal for those of us who know the announcer is working for the other team and watch the non zoomed mini map. But, it causes others to en mass attack the mine node while our prime is being captured by the enemy team. This happens in other maps as well, but WAR-Serenity stands out as having the announcer work for the enemy team.

---> Allow the server to turn off or disable instruction announcements individually and completely
                          ---> No more "grab your orb" announcements on servers at all
                          ---> No more announcements relating to non linked nodes on servers at all

Newer players listen to the announcer and go do something stupid, like attack the core with the orb. That is what happens, they here "grab your orb" and then "defend the prime node" and then "attack the enemy core"

I am sure that I am not the only one to have to deal with a n00b standing in front of the power core clutching his enforcer while the orb is attached to him. Clueless, but just doing what the anouncer told him to do. Grag your orb, Defend your core, Duh! Gestures, shooting, trying to get him to go to the prime node with the orb. Trying to get him to graple your manta or scorpion so you can make him drop the orb, etc.

Then there is the n00b with the orb at the enemy core. Well, it happens when you least expect it and at the most unopertune time. All you can do is hope he gets killed so the orb will eventually respawn. It's not like an experienced player is going to kill him. One time I must have spawned 4-5 times while the same enemy player with his orb was at the core on TankCrossing. I think he must of thought the orb made him invisable or something.

It also causes n00b bashing. We do not want any n00b bashing if we want the online community to increase. Besides, it's not just the n00bs who listen, it's intermediate and experienced players as well at times. When the tank goes to the mine node towing a n00b with the orb while the prime node is under attack, well, chat can be colorful at times after the match.

N00bicide and n00b bashing, is no way to increase the playing community. Obviously, n00bs who are victums of such bashing and n00bicide are unlikely to play again. Please help prevent N00bicide by peventing it's causes.

---> Make the non zoomed mini map the default

The map is the map. Zooming it should be the option not the default. The zoomed is too hard to figure what is happening. Keep it simple.

Comment

Sounds like a promising lead. Our team colors are definitely separate textures, so that could explain why other people see the default character, but your client should still see it correctly.

Will investigate. Thanks!
                            Aha, team colors are separate textures... I completely forgot about that. That fully explains why if you change teams, you turn into demoguy, but if you change back, you're back to normal.

Though I can't say I play as much as other people here, I have not yet encountered any demoguy issue that can't be explained by either the model/texture not having loaded, or the max custom characters being exceeded.

+1 for speechbinding. Out of curiosity, WarTourist, how difficult would that be to implement? I'm not trying to suggest it's easy; I honestly have no idea.

Comment

Thought it be nice to add the link to the old 1.3 wish list so that people can scroll through and find ideas previously mentioned that would be nice. Admittedly allot of the posts in that thread are junk but one or two defiantly have some reasonable request not yet added.
                              http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604194

Please keep this thread cleaner than the last request list, its hard to navigate the old one due to all the irrelevant posts. I'll try to go through a few pages and take some wishes and add them here later.

Comment

Working...
                              X