No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL removing noobs from servers. What are u guys smoking?

As said b4, they have to learn somehow - i know i learnt on multiplayer and now i am close to the best Australian region UT3 player. Yes just a widdle biddle tiddle bit cocky but its true

Comment

There is a kick-vote option for annoying players? Where? Didn´t see it anywhere.
      In case I misunderstood: please implement a kick-vote-system.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobi^^ View Post
        There is a kick-vote option for annoying players? Where? Didn´t see it anywhere.
        In case I misunderstood: please implement a kick-vote-system.
        It is a good thing but not, to wheld such power is evil, put into the wrong hand, this power can make people drunk with hate and lust for more power, it is not for us to make that call.
        i mean if this waz the case why dont we just have camps for anouying people.
        my thoughts for ver 1.4
        1 fix for the anouying square writing people, who ask to many questions but never get a answer, there square question marks dont make sense.

Comment

OK, please let me try and get all the worms back into the norrow mouth jar and let me explain. This basically is a WARfare server issue and not any other gametype. Obviously, it's different in other game types.

Typically, the only n00b problem involves those who go online in warfare who have never played before, those who do not even know how to get on the hoverboard, what the orb is for, or what at all to do other than help the other team. They grab the orb and stand in front of the core on serenity to guard it, they drive away in a vehicle and abandon it to the other team, they grab the orb and take it to the enemy core, etc. So, on a popular server that is usually full, you can set the minimum ELO at something like 1200, maybe lower, to keep the first timers and totally clueless off.

This could also be used to make n00b to intermediate only servers as others have mentioned by making the max ELO some number. Someone mentioned 1700 but I think that's too low. The point is the individual server admin will decide what to do with the server, if it's needed or not, what to set it to, etc.

Comment

make the 3th person enforcer model a bit bigger, it looks kinda.. small and useless

Comment

OK, please let me try and get all the worms back into the norrow mouth jar and let me explain. This basically is a WARfare server issue and not any other gametype. Obviously, it's different in other game types.

Typically, the only n00b problem involves those who go online in warfare who have never played before, those who do not even know how to get on the hoverboard, what the orb is for, or what at all to do other than help the other team. They grab the orb and stand in front of the core on serenity to guard it, they drive away in a vehicle and abandon it to the other team, they grab the orb and take it to the enemy core, etc. So, on a popular server that is usually full, you can set the minimum ELO at something like 1200, maybe lower, to keep the first timers and totally clueless off.

This could also be used to make n00b to intermediate only servers as others have mentioned by making the max ELO some number. Someone mentioned 1700 but I think that's too low. The point is the individual server admin will decide what to do with the server, if it's needed or not, what to set it to, etc.
              The obvious question is, how does someone new to the game climb rank if all the 'good' players are hiding in their leet servers? The only way to climb rank is to kill people who are higher ranked than you. This system you propose wouldn't give any new players the chance to climb rank, effectively keeping the leet at the top, and the noobs at the bottom, welcome to 1984 UT3 style.

As for Warfare being a pro's game, get off your high horses and take the time to teach noobs how to play the game, your karma points go up, and you gain the respect of one or more players. I'm gonna play some warfare tonight, and I'm a complete noob to it, I'd much rather someone showed me the ropes than called me all sorts of names and banned me from joining the server!

Comment

Originally posted by plugh View Post
                The obvious question is, how does someone new to the game climb rank if all the 'good' players are hiding in their leet servers? The only way to climb rank is to kill people who are higher ranked than you. This system you propose wouldn't give any new players the chance to climb rank, effectively keeping the leet at the top, and the noobs at the bottom, welcome to 1984 UT3 style.

As for Warfare being a pro's game, get off your high horses and take the time to teach noobs how to play the game, your karma points go up, and you gain the respect of one or more players. I'm gonna play some warfare tonight, and I'm a complete noob to it, I'd much rather someone showed me the ropes than called me all sorts of names and banned me from joining the server!
                If you have never played before, do not even know how to get in a vehicle let alone drive it, have no clue what the orb is for, or what a node is, how can anyone show you the ropes? You cannot run the ball if you don't know where to run it to or why.

I have my spent time and written up some help for beginners at WARfare. Yes, given up lots of info and secrets. Here you go, it will help you tonight;

Warfare Etiquette for Beginners (Warfare Guide for Beginners)

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610930

and this 2nd one, of which much is applicable to all Warfare matches

A beginners guide to WAR-TankCrossing (Tutorial)

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=613140

Comment

get off your high horses
                  Well you should just play on public servers, and screw the rankings. That's what I do. For me there's nothing more tedious than putting up with people who take junk like this seriously.

The gameplay on public servers is more uneven, but I like how sometimes you get some emergent intelligence going on, just from people watching what goes on and picking up on it.

Comment

Warfare Etiquette for Beginners (Warfare Guide for Beginners)
                    Well, without trying to drag this off topic too much, I've played VCTF extensively, and 99% of your tutorials apply to both gametypes. The Orb carrier deserves the same amount of cover as a flag runner as far as I can see, so in theory I shouldn't have too much problem adapting to the game. The things you missed out in your Beginners tutorials are the basic stuff like the definition of a 'Prime Node", how to build and destroy nodes effectively, what part of the node to shoot for greatest effect. Essentially you haven't explained the way nodes work, how they link up, why they link up, and newcomers (like me) to this gametype need to know this stuff...knowing how not to **** off the leet players the most, is of no use to me, cos I really don't care about their ego's.

Anyway, back on topic with patch 1.4... : P

Comment

-ability to randomize bots
                      -"drop the camera" feature as seen in Battlefield 2142 - especially nice when you drive tank or a walker - camera is "dropped" on the ground in front the vehicle, so you can pass nearly over it. You can still pan the camera and have full controll over the vehicle, just perspective is different and ypou don't see exactly where you aim

Comment

We would teach noobs, if they could type. Seriously, I've seen games where the team yells at a stupid noob sitting there in a bender, blissfully unaware of the tank trying to tip them over. by definition, a noob has no clue, and can't type. If a noob can type, then they won't be a noob for long.

Most noobs don't come to the forum unless they want to complain. The elo ranking would fix nothing either, I've seen good players with lower elos than noobs, if a noob plays a lot of warfare, and manages to kill, say shadowpain (#1) with a tank, then they become a l33t player. Elo ranking means next-to nothing, yet mine is 299 .

The only solution I can think of is make it so if you are new to warfare online, the game should make you watch a tutorial video explaining the basics.

Hoped my $0.02 helped

Comment

You guys do realize that "fix it so noobs can't screw up our warfare games" is WAY beyond the scope of a patch, right?

Warfare is a complex gametype to outsiders. I'm a VCTF veteran, and I barely understand it. I still don't get some of the special nodes or what they do.

They might be able to do something with the voice commands, to make them more clear, but that's probably about it.

Comment

Fix

1 . Unfinished animations eg : The link gun secondary fire and dual enforcers

2 . An option to disable dynamic music OMG i hate it can we just listen to the whole track rather than some mixed up **** please?

3 . The Freaking CD-key issue , I seriously am feed up with retyping in my cd key every so often

4 . An easier way to install custom characters. Modifying ini files and such is an art to get right at times

5 . Bot character names that match the player model . I had a match where the akasha model was called master cheif.. wtf is up with that

6 . UI needs a total revamp. Did you fellas at epic not read the complaints ? Its terrible

7 . Server Browser needs tweaking as well its almost there though

8 . Option for dynamic music on/off I know ive already said this but feck... Its that anoying

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by HaLLiS View Post

3 . The Freaking CD-key issue , I seriously am feed up with retyping in my cd key every so often

4 . An easier way to install custom characters. Modifying ini files and such is an art to get right at times

6 . UI needs a total revamp. Did you fellas at epic not read the complaints ? Its terrible
                              3.. Yeah happens everytime when your connection changes for example when you from online to offline and vice versa. Annoying

That one can be partially blamed on the modmakers, a few of them just don't know they can do the following. Runestorm's Hel character for example is easy to install, just copy and paste the utgame folder.

UTCustomChar.ini (UTGame\Published\CookedPC\RuneStorm\CH_RSHel) Adds the character to the global UTCustomChar.ini file.

[UTGame.UTCustomChar_Data]

Code:
                              +ModFamilies=Family_HEL.UTFamilyInfo_HEL

+Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="CH_RSHel.Mesh.SK_CH_Hel_Head",PartID="A",FamilyID="HELF")
                              +Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="CH_RSHel.Mesh.SK_CH_Hel_Torso",PartID="A",FamilyID="HELF")
                              +Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_RSHel.Mesh.SK_CH_Hel_Arms",PartID="A",FamilyID="HELF")
                              +Parts=(Part=PART_Thighs,ObjectName="CH_RSHel.Mesh.SK_CH_Hel_Thighs",PartID="A",FamilyID="HELF")
                              +Parts=(Part=PART_Boots,ObjectName="CH_RSHel.Mesh.SK_CH_Hel_Boots",PartID="A",FamilyID="HELF")
                              +Parts=(Part=PART_ShoPad,ObjectName="CH_RSHel.Mesh.SK_CH_Hel_XShoPad",PartID="A",FamilyID="HELF")

+Characters=(CharName="Hel",Description="<Strings:CH_RSHel.CharLocData.Hel_Description>",CharID="hel",Faction="Ironguard",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:CH_RSHel.Textures.T_CH_Hel_Portrait>",CharData=(FamilyID="HELF",HeadID="A",TorsoID="A",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="A",ThighsID="A",BootsID="A",ShoPadID="A") ,AIData=(Jumpiness=-0.2,StrafingAbility=-0.2,CombatStyle=0.5,Accuracy=0.5,Aggressiveness=0.7,FavoriteWeapon="UTGame.UTWeap_FlakCannon"))
                              No need to manual add it

6. Try out Sinx's MapMixer
                              Link to it on forums here : http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=615250
                              Some Info and an idea on how it looks: http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/index....ge=screenshots
                              Not only does it give Ut3 a cool, functional UI. It gives it one of the best I've seen in any game...

Comment

Hi,
                                I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I would like to see some fixes for the recording of demos. I seem to have the following problems with recording demos on version 1.2

1.) Demo does not start recording at beginning of match. This seemed to work on version 1.1 so it makes me think that the first packet of information from server isn't being sent to demo recording properly. Could it be related to a map being compiled with version 1.2 of the editor?
                                2.) Some weapons do not properly play their sound files correctly for player and/or bots.
                                Also, when someone uses the scope on the sniper rifle, this isn't properly displayed on recordings.
                                3.) Mid air end game taunts. This looks pretty fun when the game ends just as the winning bot jumps in the air.

I hope this info is helpful to you guys. Looking forward to patch 1.3 and more bonus content.

Comment

Working...
                                X