No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The really big thing that needs an overhaul is the scoring. Scoring influences player behaviour, and players that do things like spawnkilling to gain points, make the game environment unpleasant and stressful to the other team.Teamwork also needs to be rewarded.

1. Spawn protection
    So if you frag anybody within 5 seconds of spawning, you do frag him, but you gain no points, unless he is in a vehichle.

2. Team healing
    You gain points for healing occupied team vehichles, but non for healing your own vehichle.

3. Supporting flagrunners\orbrunners
    You should get points for being in the vicinity of a person that captures a flag, or caps an orb - i.e. for supporting the orb runner. You also should get points if an orb has been transported by a player grappled to your vehichle, captures a node.

4. Defender score bonus
    If you use a turret in a vulnerable node you should score double points, because it's far easier to go out looking for easy frags than it is dealing with the best players who come to attack a node.

5. Vehichle dammage
    You should get points for damage dealt to enemy vehichles if they are occupied, and extra points if any occupant is on a killing spree, and extra-extra point if it has multiple occupants. So a Levi with 5 people, all on killing sprees should become a points magnet rather than - an oh let's go somewhere else to avoid getting fragged when it comes to pointwhore mentality.

6. Teamjacking
    You loose 5 points if you enter a vehichle that is being healed by a teammate who had previously been occupying that vehichle (personally I'd make it a hundred)

I'm sure I'll think of more. But sophisticated scoring makes the online environment a nicer and friendlier place. It's a problem when players play for score at the expense of other player's enjoyment of the game. The only answer is to penalise unsporting acts, and reward team behaviour. Then as players play more as a team and help each other, the online environment becomes a nicer place to be in because of the score structure. Currently the scoring structure doesn't do this.

p.s. Also we need

ELO Filter

Server admins can specify max\min ELO's for players on their server.

For this to work you'd need to be able to
    -See your own ELO ingame
    -Filter out servers that exclude your ELO.

Comment

I would like to see brightskins being able to be added if needed
      also if there was a way to bring your sensitivity from ut2004 and make it the same in ut3
      that would kick ***

Comment

Page 11, lol. I wonder if the people at Epic read all of this when so much of it has been said before. As it happens, I have something that is a genuine glitch, so I hope they do read these.

BUG----Floating Manta
        Thread:
        http://www.umgleague.com/forum/boing...tch-t2525.html
        Video:
        http://files.filefront.com/Untitleda.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
          The really big thing that needs an overhaul is the scoring. Scoring influences player behaviour, and players that do things like spawnkilling to gain points, make the game environment unpleasant and stressful to the other team.Teamwork also needs to be rewarded.

1. Spawn protection
          So if you frag anybody within 5 seconds of spawning, you do frag him, but you gain no points, unless he is in a vehichle.

6. Teamjacking
          You loose 5 points if you enter a vehichle that is being healed by a teammate who had previously been occupying that vehichle (personally I'd make it a hundred)

I'm sure I'll think of more. But sophisticated scoring makes the online environment a nicer and friendlier place. It's a problem when players play for score at the expense of other player's enjoyment of the game. The only answer is to penalise unsporting acts, and reward team behaviour. Then as players play more as a team and help each other, the online environment becomes a nicer place to be in because of the score structure. Currently the scoring structure doesn't do this.

p.s. Also we need

ELO Filter

Server admins can specify max\min ELO's for players on their server.

For this to work you'd need to be able to
          -See your own ELO ingame
          -Filter out servers that exclude your ELO.

I agree with all you listed except #1 and #6.

As far as #6, now that's complicated, so I will go into detail and give actual real examples.

Here is an example that happened to me. I was in Floodgate prime node area and press E at the portal, then WTF, I am in a nightshade. So, after a couple seconds, I press E again and then helped the player heal his shade. In the case of an inadvertant theft, a penelty would be wrong.

Here is another example, again, a personal experience. I was in Floodgate, countdown node, just capped it with the orb and head to the portal area when I see the enemy team shade getting healed by 3 players. I jack it and roadkill all 3. Now, if any one of them saw me they should have pressed E to prevent the enemy from jacking their shade. Again, prevent the enemy team from jacking your shade should not have a penelty.

But, jacking a team mates vehicle while they are healing it, in general should be penalized. I do not know how to do this. I have seen players quit and never come back. The last time I saw Jessica_Alba playing was when I was helping her heal her shade on Avalanche and some n00b jumped down from the shaped charge tower and jacked her shade. She left the game right then and there. I have not seen her play online since, and that was several months ago. It's a pity to lose good players like that due to bad ones.

So, how can the game tell when it's a bad jack that should be penalized? How do you punish those who should be and not those that should not?

Now, as far as #1, which we do not need at all because it's just part of the game . Just like in real life and has been covered in several prior threads, so that's all I will say here about that. Here is the last thread.
          http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=615453

Comment

- A channel page like Warcraft3 or Irc for online players.

- Whisper command for sending a quick messages to a certain player. This way its totally useless i think.

- I know you will not consider this but please make hitboxes little bigger. Gameplay is already fast i like it but you shouldn't make characters like midget. In this way hitting with beam and sniper is very difficult. Faster game is already enough i think. You can easily see this if you compare 2k4 and Ut3.

- Faster weapon switch. (Maybe slower than 2k4 but definitely faster than now.)

- Swap fire modes. This shouldn't be that hard ?

- Flak's primary damage is way too high(180). Even you make strategy and take armours one by one, a single flak shot kills all that effort. Thats why i think its not a balanced weapon. On the other hand, Flak's secondary fire is useless right now. It's damage is ok but its blast radius is too small.

- Client side recording.

- A bind for WALK. How can you sneak up to an opponent? Crouching effects your aim and dodge ability. Thats why we need walk.

- Reduced primary fire for Stinger or more spread for bullets.

- Some Epic workers on Duel servers to see how important these things. Competitive community doesnt want to change game's own weapon & movement balance. They didnt change in 2k4 and they wont in ut3. Of course i would love to play Duel on standart servers but as you know its unplayable right now. Community is really working to make game playable, there are mutators for Brightskins, footsteps, hitsounds, auto screenshots, force models etc. But all of these made by community. All i just want to think that Epic is really cares about what we thought. I know you are very active on forums and trying to help people but seeing you are not fixing little, important things makes me sad.

These i wrote on upper are totally my thoughts, i dont want you to do whatever i say and i know that you have priorities. I just want you know that you are aware of these things.

Ps. Sorry for my English, but i had to say these :x

Comment

* weapons should have more knockback on vehicles...

* replace stock Hellbender with Hellbender Deluxe

* remove auto aim on Scorpion globs

* reduce speed of avril rockets slightly

* more cowbell

Comment

Now that "Games for Windows - LIVE" is free for PC users, I would like some sort of achievements for PC users too!!! Would be very fun receiving gamerpoints while playing Unreal Tournament III! Would this be possible? Look here:
                http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US...AboutLive.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by mjordan View Post
                  Now that "Games for Windows - LIVE" is free for PC users, I would like some sort of achievements for PC users too!!! Would be very fun receiving gamerpoints while playing Unreal Tournament III! Would this be possible? Look here:
                  http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US...AboutLive.aspx
                  Unreal 3 pc doesn't have windows live tag.

Comment

ELO filter for servers

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
                    I agree absolutely that this is a major problem. Multiplay (I think) has a voluntary system of low\medium skilled only on one of their vCTF server, and that server seems well populated.

The other problem is that since vehichles are scarce and Orbs so important, the game needs to be balanced for good players and poor players. In Ut2004, if the top 3 players of each team were of equal skill, it matteres little what the skill of the rest of the team was - you'd have a good, balanced competitive game. Now your team can loose because your vehichles are all taken by players with little experience.

So the fix is that servers should be able to look at a player's ELO, and that the server admin should be able to set up min and max ELO's before a player can join.
                    This is a great idea! A way for server admins to filter or control who can join the server according to the players ELO. For example, by setting a minimum ELO filter at a certain number, the server would be free of the totally clueless n00b players that routinely ruin warfare matches.. This would be a win win situation for everyone.

Comment

Yeah, Epic. Please fix it so not as many new players can start playing UT3 for the first time.

I hate when games get new players. Please make it so no new players can join servers until they got totally leet completely on their own against bots. In fact, can you make it so you can only play online if you join the official UT forums and make a couple hundred posts? Oh and then you should have to like, have a 1v1 against Cliff Blasinksi and win. Oh and at the end of every match, the lowest 4 scores from both teams get kick/banned! LULZ!

/hypocrite

EDIT: I hope everyone's sarcasm detector is working today...

Comment

Delete if necessary.

How on Earth can you disallow "n00bs" from joining servers???? They have to learn somehow and no, no one should be forced to play offline first and then online once they don't "suck" anymore.

I'm sorry this is very off topic but that is just nuts.

EDIT: It's not...

So...
                        - Implement a cancel button for when loading a map.
                        - Add more specific options for graphics settings (Shadows, bloom, etc).
                        - Make the Manta and Viper engines louder.
                        - Improve the vote menu by at least adding a scroll bar so people know there are more maps further down the list.

Comment

Originally posted by «MechikTåj» View Post
                          - Improve the vote menu by at least adding a scroll bar so people know there are more maps further down the list.
                          +1

Also, can you make it so when you go to the maps tab, you don't have to click on a map before your scroll wheel will work? Feels ancient. What the hell else would I be scrolling?

Comment

Yeah no kidding. It's not like we need to start culling the UT3 herd. There's precious few of us as it is. We need and want every player we can get. I remember being a noob. Everyone was.

Who would play a game if they tried to join a server with clearly open slots and was denied because "lul ur too much noob"

That would suck, and I would take my gaming time elsewhere.

EDIT: not really patch-worthy, but an interesting note, did you know that you can't get hit by your own projectiles? If you fire a rocket or whatever into a slow-field, and then run to the other side, it will go right though you! You still get hurt by splash damage if it hits a surface near you, but you can't actually get hit by your own projectiles! Interesting? Maybe. Useful? Not really.

Comment

OK to sum up what I think should be fixed:

- Demorec pause possibility. Currently that breaks pause possibility so you'll either have to choose between demos and players might crash and **** happens or no demo and pause works. Very important issue for clan games.

- Scorpion auto-glob on hoverboarding players. I don't think hoverboarders should be concidered as a "vehicle" like currently is the case. It's just disturbing when cap the flag and put on hoverboard and of course a scorpion glob will hit you from miles away.

- Server-side option to enable/disable kick-voting to more efficiently get rid of cheaters or players with a bad attitude.

- Fix the randomly disappearing sound when close to a vehicle explode.

- Exploits such as:

* Being able to jump behind core on WAR-Downtown using jump boots or impact hammer.

* Being able to drive over barricades with Goliath.

* vCTF-Suspense jump boots exploit.

* vCTF-Sandstorm "invisible stair" exploit

Comment

noobs wouldnt be such a problem if the pug community wasnt so small.

manta exploit needs to be fixed.

If you press back and spin the mouse in a 360 motion the manta will elevate until it hits the maps ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X