UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, just one thing.
    I think it's lame when Nightshades place their Shield and go in it to block Nodes.
    This is especially bad in Warfare matches for example Floodgate.
    It's not easy to destroy them and you can't get the Node while the NS is blocking it.
    Would it be fair if vehicles could not get into Shields or would it be bad?
    Right now, I can't remember if the NS is completely in its Shield after planting it.
    Today on Floodgate the enemy NS placed a Shield right on the Countdown Node and was blocking the Node.
    Ok, maybe some of you think it's fair but I think it's a little bit lame...
    And if you destroy it, it will take time until it disapears completely and you know on Floodgate every second can be important

Greets

Comment

well use liftjump/hammerjump to get on the node (with orb)

Comment

Seems to be indeed a good idea
        I will try it, thanks.

--------------------

I thought it could be good if the console text wouldn't have the same color scheme.
        Example:
        Public chat could have its own color, team chat as well and announcements.
        Sometimes one player writes something but I've no time to read it.
        After some seconds I open the console and I have to search for it which takes sometimes a lot of time.
        If the colors would be different, it would be much easier

P.S. Of course this is not a high important thing^^

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
          Hey guys, just one thing.
          I think it's lame when Nightshades place their Shield and go in it to block Nodes.
          This is especially bad in Warfare matches for example Floodgate.
          It's not easy to destroy them and you can't get the Node while the NS is blocking it.
          Would it be fair if vehicles could not get into Shields or would it be bad?
          Right now, I can't remember if the NS is completely in its Shield after planting it.
          Today on Floodgate the enemy NS placed a Shield right on the Countdown Node and was blocking the Node.
          Ok, maybe some of you think it's fair but I think it's a little bit lame...
          And if you destroy it, it will take time until it disapears completely and you know on Floodgate every second can be important

Greets
          Naw, i think it's fair, it makes the match harder and more interesting!! It is lame when it happens but it makes it more worth the kill when i kill the ****** in his shade

Comment

...I thought it could be good if the console text wouldn't have the same color scheme...
            Yes. In fact I like this idea so much that I wrote a mutator to colour some of the text last year.

Comment

would you be satisfied with destructible deployables?
              I believe that "if it is built it should be destroyed"

they would have to keep put high health on shieldthing to offset its effectiveness.
              or elsewhat would be the use of putting one up anyway?

Comment

@Mr Evil:
                Nice one!
                Does this also work for the console (green text) or would it be too difficult to integrate it into it?

Greets

Comment

well we should lock this discussion and rename it patch 2.1 request since the 2.0 patch is coming out soon fixing a ton of stuff... anyonw that doesn't know about it can look at the (incomplete and yet so long!) patch notes here http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12466

Comment

Originally posted by Gan Xodos View Post
                    well we should lock this discussion and rename it patch 2.1 request since the 2.0 patch is coming out soon fixing a ton of stuff... anyonw that doesn't know about it can look at the (incomplete and yet so long!) patch notes here http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12466
                    where did they say that the patch is called version 2.0...nowhere.

*edit*
                    ok, it was said by Steve P.

Comment

I think we should lock this topic when the new patch has been released

Greets

Comment

agreed then

Comment

Originally posted by Gan Xodos View Post
                          The patch fixlist is not finalized yet(as you said, it's incomplete). So we have to wait for a while before starting a next patch thread. A 'Patch 1.5' thread already got locked because of this.

Comment

i liked 17 idea i hope it will done in the future xD
                            but the idea number 27 is something that i could live whitout.

xD i hope u can understandme my english is a Sh*T xD
                            byee

Comment

@Mr Evil:
                              Nice one!
                              Does this also work for the console (green text) or would it be too difficult to integrate it into it?

Greets
                              It's only for chat text in the chat tab. I stopped at that point because there was no interest in the mutator (people may have found it useful, but not many servers will run small mutators like that, rendering it useless), so I don't know how much text could be easily coloured.

Comment

I don't need to read 92 pages to tell u what I want.

.Hear your own autotaunts
                                .Full voicepack menu like in UT99 (Acknowledgements, Friendly, Orders, Other, Taunts)
                                .Hear your own Order sounds

Thanks

Syex

Comment

Working...
                                X