No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back the domination pleease. It was my favourite gametrype and i am really sorry that there are no one on ut3dom modification servers nor ut99 servers.

Comment

Originally posted by voxmagna2 View Post
      1: an icon that tells you when your using the mic (bring back ut2004 mic style)

[/B][/COLOR]
      There already is an icon when you use in game chat, matter of fact, it changes color (not sure why) !

Comment

So.. this thread is over 6 months old. And patch 3 is 5 or so months old?

Im losing hope that we'll even get any more patches Besides Flak, who is merely a forum moderator here, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone from Epic even post in this forum.
        Flak said in some other thread that Epic does care about UT3.. But where is the proof? Where are the patches? Why do Epic staff not post here any more? Yet are seen regularly in the GOW forums?

Bit of a poor show for UT3 fans/customers to be kept in the dark in this way.

Pop!

Comment

Hi Pop! There has been a trickle of news about the expansion... I am on my cell and not sure how to paste the link, but click my sig, Tolstoy posted a link at our site, right on the front so you should be able to find it easily. Cheers!

Comment

ok then i have to re re re re-install the game because installation error (retry-ignore-cancel) need help

Comment

Well since it looks like Epic IS actually going to patch/expansion I'll list my list of fixes/badly needed features.

List:
              - If I click the disconnect option (between changing maps) while server is about to/is changing maps, game will simply sit there in infinite loop (loading map indefinitely)
              - De-couple gamespy login with actual online access. It's nice that gamespy saves my settings, but when it goes down we can't play. Being able to play > saved settings
              - Put in some freakin' ping compensation net code already, this is a feature in almost all modern FPS games except UT; saw new UT3 player login, comment on "lag" compared to BF, decide game sucks and leave (can't blame em)
              - Integrate ladder support; this could be frankly as simple as a player clicking "Add Ladder" and it points to a website; you need not favor a given ladder
              - Can't see who is in server
              - Can't access server list while in-game
              - Can't reply to messages (fix whole message section to have basic functionality)
              - Fix server-list so that I can hit ESC and go back a menu; e.g., while in "filters" tab I can hit ESC and go back, yet when I'm in "favorites" I can't... makes no sense
              - Custom x-hairs
              - Integrate UTV (Unreal TV)
              - Option to throw weapons in ALL gametypes as a server setting
              - Mod manager built in
              - Add achievements
              - Add clan support as an extension of "friends" (where you can "join" a clan and instantly see who else is in the clan, if they're on a server, follow them, etc)

For the love of god make a proper single player or at LEAST a tutorial to demonstrate all the great features of UT and how different/great it is. The advantage of a single player game is that you can introduce a player in reasonable chunks all the new information (e.g. this level we get the gravity gun and learn fun things we can do). Most people who play UT honestly never even grasp all the cool things they do. This is especially true in a modern saturated market.

- Finally, I'd suggest working with your community to make "promo" vids for your expansion. Grab some good players/clans and have them create "highlight" vids (also a great way to introduce people to the strategy/depth possible in the game). Frag vids, trick jumps, showing a real intense high-level match, etc.

Think of it this way marketing guys, it's a great "grass roots" marketing strategy to show your community you give a @#$# (which is a serious issue you've fallen behind on), you don't have to do any work really, and you get some fun "teasers" showing gameplay coming out, community gets pumped, etc.

My 2cents.

Frazzle

Comment

Go on my brother

Comment

Originally posted by Pop! View Post
                  So.. this thread is over 6 months old. And patch 3 is 5 or so months old?

Im losing hope that we'll even get any more patches Besides Flak, who is merely a forum moderator here, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone from Epic even post in this forum.
                  Flak said in some other thread that Epic does care about UT3.. But where is the proof? Where are the patches? Why do Epic staff not post here any more? Yet are seen regularly in the GOW forums?

Bit of a poor show for UT3 fans/customers to be kept in the dark in this way.

Pop!
                  There is a proof that they care about UT3.
                  Last night i visited http://unrealtournament3.com/ and found that they have added new flash menu LOL
                  Looks like they do care about UT3 advertising but not you or me.

They gave us Editor SDK for 1 reason, so we can make it better our selves at which point all that's left is to count the money.

1 other thing i would like to address is that "YOUR betta testers obviously SUCK caz it takes forever for them to test it before next release"
                  Or is it you who cant fix reported problems or add requested features ?
                  If so, than go OPEN SOURCE and we will take care of this game and turn it into what it was suppose to be in the beginning.
                  (GO LINUX-open source) but seriously (I LOVE XP-screw linux) But still LOL
                  You guys "suck" (our money-nothing else)

Comment

Do you think Epic already read this post ?

Comment

Originally posted by linutx View Post
                      Do you think Epic already read this post ?
                      yes more likely be cause its the largest -patch- thread that i came across

Comment

again, SELF DESTRUCT, please fix the radius and damage it does to things not hit by the self destructing vehicle, should do 600 to a tank behind a raptor a furthers raptor length behind when deemer only does 400 because of absorbtion

Comment

Hopefully this has already been mentioned dozens of times, but I'm not going to read through all 51 pages.

Epic, please fix the OpenAL bug present when running an X-Fi sound card that has X-RAM. I can only play the game for a few minutes before it crashes with the error messsage "UT3.exe has stopped working."

This is a serious, big problem that affects many of your loyal customers.

Comment

Why no X -Fi

I have been a loyal player slash customer since UT and have always worked around most issues. Having said that could you please make it possible to use my X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty in OpenAL mode without a crash and or lock up.

Comment

Sometimes I have BSOD, when running UT3 with X-Fi xtreme Gamer edition

Comment

Originally posted by XrayDoc88 View Post
                                Hopefully this has already been mentioned dozens of times, but I'm not going to read through all 51 pages.

Epic, please fix the OpenAL bug present when running an X-Fi sound card that has X-RAM. I can only play the game for a few minutes before it crashes with the error messsage "UT3.exe has stopped working."

This is a serious, big problem that affects many of your loyal customers.
                                if you're on XP you can use these 2 files open_al and openwrap from Area51 and replace them in UT3 folder, i did that and i haven't got a crash since, ye the sound is a bit more crappy but hey at least i can play it as long as i want; - i have a creative X-fi fatality pro soundcard, btw this fix disables x-ram...still better than nothing

i've reuploaded the file here:
                                http://www.sendspace.com/file/ncvg0b

and yea when will we see 1.4 patch and that titan expansion pack... i cant wait!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X