No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh. Yeah I missed that whole conversation. Thanks for summing it up!

Making the ready indicator go away after the match starts would be nice.
    We don't need to know who's ready after we're already playing.

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    For patch 1.4, I'd like the ability to access the server browser while still connected to a game.
    +1 to that!

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
      The problem is "the demoguy problem" is an imprecise label for about 4 or 5 different behaviors, most of which are intented. We've got all the repro steps we need at the moment though, so the ones that aren't intended we're looking at.

Thanks.
      Great to hear that you guys are looking into it.

Comment

These suggestions generally seem very nitpicky to me. The only real concern I have with this game has to do with it's popularity, the lack thereof. I doubt even the full implementation of pretty much every "fix" I see being asked for here would have anything more than minimal effect with regards to that issue. I don't blame Epic for not scrambling like mad to correct such things. Well I wish them all the brainstorms in the world, and too bad I don't have one to give them but they're not paying me for that anway, and good thing too because I'm sure the pressure would probably crack me like an egg.

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
          These suggestions generally seem very nitpicky to me. The only real concern I have with this game has to do with it's popularity, the lack thereof. I doubt even the full implementation of pretty much every "fix" I see being asked for here would have anything more than minimal effect with regards to that issue. I don't blame Epic for not scrambling like mad to correct such things. Well I wish them all the brainstorms in the world, and too bad I don't have one to give them but they're not paying me for that anway, and good thing too because I'm sure the pressure would probably crack me like an egg.
          That's not true. More and more people are joining to play UT3 as long as issues are resolved.
          I think that the main problem concerns LATENCY. People ping and lags too much, even on "under home" servers. That's the primary issue to be resolved and I think GaySpy is involved somehow, sucking at last 20ms for each player.

Comment

Originally posted by ~{ISC}~Jigen View Post
            That's not true. More and more people are joining to play UT3 as long as issues are resolved.
            Well if that's the approach Epic takes, I hope it works out for them.

Comment

Hmm, just of the top of my head..

"Issues"
              1. Go to Spectate (from in-game, instant action, etc..) Would be very useful
              2. "Skip Map" button while playing a cycle of maps.. so you can just skip to next map instead of having to get out back to menu, rechoose maps etc, sooo slow.
              3. "Back" button to work when in "Server Favourites" otherwise you have to click on something else first, to get back to main menu
              4. Female characters grunting like male character (?)

"Wishes"
              1. Specifically choose number of players on each team (instant action)
              2. maybe console commands "addbots 2 red" .. "addbots 7 blue" or something?
              3. While spectating, an option to see all player names (above their head) and from any distance - this would make watching a competative match a LOT better because you would know who's who, especially if you record it in free-flying view

One last though, I think Unreal Engine 3 is totally awesome If UT4 comes out (presumably still using UE3) I hope it's a totally new theme

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                Id like to not be kicked to the main menu, if a server is full, or i cancel the connection. Id like to go back to the server browser where i was so i can just as easily pick another.
                Uh, yeah, I missed that one. Really annoying. Usually, I got some message like "Server already at max. capacity" or something. I´d really like to get that back.

Comment

I'd like the ability to import .lwo's into the editor again .... but I don't see that happening. oh well.

Or maybe import object as brush that would be nice also... better then hopping through several programs just to chop a special shaped hole out of the floor.

bots given the ability to learn routes... I.E. if a bot follows you some place that there are no paths he may go that way again on his own sometime.

Comment

Another thing what annoys me much is people more and more jump behind core @ Downtown. They are out of reach for defenders, unless they have jump-boots (which is usually not the case). I consider this as glitch-abusing, so I´d like to see a fixed version where it is not possible to jump behind core.

Comment

People who jump behind the core on Downtown are not out of reach of defenders. You don't need boots to get behind the core, just use the the impact hammer or lob rockets to get the person behind the core.

Comment

And I´d really like to see "Kick idle players" (activated by default).

€dit:
                        Make the character show some kind of "pose" when chatting.

Comment

Here's another very useful thing to have in the default keybinds in utinput.ini

Bindings=(Name="PipeX",Command="switchweapon 2 | setbind C PipeY")
                          Bindings=(Name="PipeY",Command="switchweapon 1 | setbind C PipeX")
                          Bindings=(Name="C",Command="PipeX")

So by pressing C for me, I switch from driver to gunner in the hellbender, goliath and cicada. Building this functionality into the game itself will give me less of an edge. It would be even better if it worked as onrelease as in ut2004 - i.e. if you press a button you switch to gunner and on release, you go back to the main seat.

Also, let us bind the Tab key without having to modify the inis, and allow us to modify the console key from the in game menus.

Re behind the core in Downtown. Surely the big problem is the tank driving through the bollard and on to the top of the steps of the prime node. That effectively ends the game.

Comment

Admittedly when a team gets a full health Goliath into the enemy prime, it is hard for the team on the back foot to make a come back. But there are ways. You could wait for the right opporunity to shoot the deemer at the tank. Of course, shooting it from in front won't work 9/10 times but there are ways to sneak up on the tank to deemer it. That or you could shaped charge the tank. BTW...once a player drops the shaped charge (not because of a death), is it possible to destroy it?

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
                              Re behind the core in Downtown. Surely the big problem is the tank driving through the bollard and on to the top of the steps of the prime node. That effectively ends the game.
                              I agree to this one. Really hard to get that tank down without redeemer.

Comment

+1 for chat indicator

+1 for fully configurable teams (which bots on which team)

Comment

Working...
                                X