UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Agreed, we shouldn't have to have use a mutator like MapMixer for the issues ProjectUT listed. But it is there nonetheless, and it at least gives some flexibility the regular UI doesn't. Sinx has done a heck of a job with this mutator. Please try it out if you haven't already.

Also regarding the link gun alt-fire, bots get lock on you with their beam and it will curve and stay locked on to you no matter how much you move. It don't work that way in reverse, my beam always stays straight and I have to be shooting straight at them. They need to fix this unfair ****.
    I haven't tried MapMixer yet. I should. Sinx's description and pics in the MapMixer thread look sweet.

I also agree. The bots' "Link Lock" needs to go.

Comment

I've had it work for me once with a curving link beam but only the once and I think it took a complicated button press sequance to do it. I'll never remember how I did it though so I think it might be something players can do just bots use it as thair first tactic.

Comment

weapons doing more damage then they should should be fixed, if avril did 400, i would have bailed when it said it had locked, i had time to escape repair and carry on, so yes its a bug that needs fixing, its not the spree ending, its the fact that if the weapon did what it should have done the spree ending would have been my own fault and not the fault of some bug.
        all weapons should damage people, and there is something satisifying about nailing someone on foot with an avril hmm :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
          I've had it work for me once with a curving link beam but only the once and I think it took a complicated button press sequance to do it. I'll never remember how I did it though so I think it might be something players can do just bots use it as thair first tactic.
          Lag can cause the beam end location to stop updating, allowing it to bend. If you're disconnected completely while linking then you can draw the beam out all the way across the map. It never actually bends like that though, it's just a visual glitch.

Comment

I managed to get it to work for about a second against bots hearing the damned bot yelling and everything. There was no lag it was offline play. I wish I knew how I did it though.

Comment

for the last time, the bending link gun beam is a visual glitch
              http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...5#post25521955

bots only aim too good with it, that's the only problem

Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
              That's sad. How do you think the Avril should be "fixed?" Maybe all the weapons should be "fixed" so they won't/can't end your sprees? Maybe the Avril should be fixed so it only damages vehicles but not players, like RPGs in real life? hehe
              read his post again. he's talking about the avril doing double damage while it shouldn't, which IS a bug

Comment

You should not have to use a mutator to fix things in a game, IMO

The linkgun comments are so spot on! You would think the Linkgun would have the same damage regardless of who was using it!! Unfortunately it's not so..

Is UT3 still in Beta or what??

Comment

A bloom strength slider like in "The chronicles of spelborn"
                  Anistrophic filtering
                  Anti aliasing.

All accessable via the UI where they suppose to be. Not hidden away in the configs.

Comment

has anyone acctually played spellborn to see that, its in closed beta still no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronvdl View Post
                      the bending link gun beam is a visual glitch
                      http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...5#post25521955
                      Hey, I also know this bug.
                      I did not write it in my bug list because I had no idea how to re-create it and what it's caused by.
                      I'll check it and then I'll include it in my list
                      Happens very very rarely to me, but it happened some times!
                      I think it happened to me after switching to the link gun.

Greets

Comment

We should be able to hit "F4" to make Raptor you are flying disappear for unobstructed view like in UT2004

Comment

the easiest way to reproduce: enter 3th person view with behindview, and do a taunt while you're using the link gun alt fire

[shot]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Ronnievdl/Tmp/Peebeam.jpg[/shot]

just walking forward will do too, the beam is constantly bending which looks rediculous

Comment

Copy and paste in console
                            This feature added in 1.3
                            Seems thread author not updating list for a long time

Comment

this game needs a fairer stats system, i end up on a 3v3 and lose 40 ELO even though we won and i capped, whats the point, this system punishes the good players because of things they can't control, i only got to kill 10 people in that game, 2 of which were flag carriers and i died once to someone with decent rank... thats 3 days of stats wiped out in one game, so can someone explain why this system even exists? this stat system only benifits casuals? is this a casual game? no.
                              decent system should COMPENSATE the good players with ELO for capping, FC killing sprees in those games, but it doesn't making the stats a complete noobfest seems you have to run people over in mantas to rank up now, or just snipe all game, where is the rewards for other things?

Comment

@Ronvdl:
                                Hmm I'm not sure if we are talking about the same bug.
                                The bug, which I mean, looks a little bit more different.
                                When I switch to the Link Gun, I see a yellow beam (same as I link with a team mate).
                                This happens without shooting.

@ne_skaju:
                                Paste works, yes.
                                But copy?

Do you know the console of source games like Counter-Strike Source?
                                The UT3 console should works as their's.

Greets

Comment

Working...
                                X