UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rumple View Post
    Who gives a $#!@ about stats? I'd rather get the broken parts of the game fixed before adding something stupid like offline stats.
    I already asked for other stuff bro. Don't get your knickers in a knot.

Comment

stats are a pointless waste of time currently there is no point in the existance of them
      dropped from 2296 to 2275 when i killed 4 people without death? was last 5 minutes of the game when i joined, how is a stat system supposed to work if you lose 4 ELO for a kill? current stat system only benefits noobs and punishes the good players (its not a casual game, why should the casuals get more benifit) offline stats are pointless Bots ruin your rank and it would be near impossible to work because bots would have to have ranks too :P and 10000+ bots would be needed for some sort of comparison :P

we desperatly need something to replace titan, getting sick of skin bugs, demo guy bugs and complete imbalance in TTF (it only switches 2 people half the time) servers

Comment

I would love multigame-type servers as well. plus why don't you take over utdom and make it official and give us some cool maps? (well that last thing would be more for an expansion)

Comment

1) I'd like a sortable friendslist in the menue (eg sort alphabetically or by date).
          My list changes the structure any time it loads, that makes it uncomfortable to look up single friends.

2) The crosshairs should show if someone grapples a vehicle also in the "simple" option.

Comment

the crosshair does show a grapple

and some stats that acctually update properyl 2 massacres it hasn't given me now, and it has added a game (and took off ELO) that was over when i joined, another reason why stats can't even be used as an indicator for progress, whats the point in them if you cant track your own progress?

friends list needs an update, so i can have an option to spectate the game and acctually know what the server is they are on

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
              the crosshair does show a grapple...
              But not when set to "simple".

Comment

simple crossahirs O.o what do they look like?

Comment

stats are a pointless waste of time currently there is no point in the existance of them
                  dropped from 2296 to 2275 when i killed 4 people without death? was last 5 minutes of the game when i joined, how is a stat system supposed to work if you lose 4 ELO for a kill? current stat system only benefits noobs and punishes the good players (its not a casual game, why should the casuals get more benifit) offline stats are pointless Bots ruin your rank and it would be near impossible to work because bots would have to have ranks too :P and 10000+ bots would be needed for some sort of comparison :P

we desperatly need something to replace titan, getting sick of skin bugs, demo guy bugs and complete imbalance in TTF (it only switches 2 people half the time) servers
                  Quite simple if you think about it. In that same 5 minutes you are alluding to obviously other people below you did better then that and you may not have been close enough to people above you to jump above them. Either that or you were on a server where the stats aren't logged!

Comment

up!!! We wont this patch!

Comment

simple crossahirs O.o what do they look like?
                      They look like a "+".

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                        Hope this counts.

1. UI Dosen't save settings for gametypes. I set Goalscore to 50 it should stay 50, as with Timelimit, Mutator list etc.

2. Custom gametypes settings always revert to defaults, doesn't use custom INI.

3. Why is Next on the left of the button list instead of the right where it should be, same with back, should be on the left not right. Common practices.

4. Login screen should be for multiplayer not a profile or user login, considering I can hit the Esc key and still play offline no matter what profiles are active.

5. Midgame map menu would be nice, sick of going to Main Menu to change gametype or map. This really puts me off playing.

6. Tweak Bot AI to not always target player when other targets are in visible range.

7. Add the midgame stats page back like in UT2k4, You know, how many kills, deaths, suicides etc you got. The Code is there, bit no UI for it.

8. Bring back WEATHER EFFECTS, FLUID SURFACE, the current method is useless and looks crappy, sick of the always calm water, especially with maps that have big waves splashing around and still calm oceans.

9. Reflective surfaces, especially water... Even cheap games have this basic effect.

10. Random bots when travelling to next map, sick of seeing the same bots each match.

11. Random custom bot list, load random bots from the custom list instead of top to bottom.

12. Custom sound packs and skins setup for custom bot list.

13. Add Hardcore and Turbo as a gametype option, not mutator.

14. More defence for player vs vehicle, (Bots) they always target player on foot instead of other vehicles and most cases ignore vehicles just to get player = LAME GAMEPLAY. It's why I don't play vehicle games offline.

15. Alt link too strong especially for bots.

16. Random spawn time for pickups, to prevent timing of the pickup, bots as well, remove the 4 seconds advantage they have.

17. Remove IsHumanControlled() in the Bot AI, not needed, we should be seen as another bot, not player.

18. Map player count would be nice, sick of changing from 5 to 2 when playing 1on1 maps and vice versa.
                        MapMixer can help with some of these issues :
                        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=629942

But I concur with you on points 6, 14, 15, 17, that MapMixer can't help with.

It's so retarded to have an enemy bot firing at distance at me in CTF when my bot teammate carrying the flag is not only closer, but right in front of him. It just looks plain stupid.

Also, the bot weapons do more damage to human players than vica versa, I don't give a **** what the developers have said.

Comment

fix avrils... got to dominating only for my spree to be ended by a 400 damage avril (not udam)

Comment

I'm not seeing anything in ProjectUT's list that should require a mutator (like MapMixer). These are things that should be corrected in the game. Just for starters, several of ProjectUT's points refer to the fact the UI sux; we shouldn't have to have a mutator for the UI.

The only thing the list that I might disagree with is #15: the Alt Link being too powerful for the bots. The bots' AI knows how to use the Alt Link for maximum effectiveness: when to use Alt Link rather than Primary Link (distance from target), they link with each other extremely efficiently (they know how to stay close enuf to each other to link), when they get the Alt Link on you they don't 'lose' you -- it's like they have lock on you. IOW, I'm not sure that it is the Alt Link itself that is too powerful, it is the bots' AI usage of Alt Link. I thought the same things about UT2004.

Comment

fix avrils... got to dominating only for my spree to be ended by a 400 damage avril (not udam)
                              That's sad. How do you think the Avril should be "fixed?" Maybe all the weapons should be "fixed" so they won't/can't end your sprees? Maybe the Avril should be fixed so it only damages vehicles but not players, like RPGs in real life? hehe

Comment

Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
                                I'm not seeing anything in ProjectUT's list that should require a mutator (like MapMixer). These are things that should be corrected in the game. Just for starters, several of ProjectUT's points refer to the fact the UI sux; we shouldn't have to have a mutator for the UI.

The only thing the list that I might disagree with is #15: the Alt Link being too powerful for the bots. The bots' AI knows how to use the Alt Link for maximum effectiveness: when to use Alt Link rather than Primary Link (distance from target), they link with each other extremely efficiently (they know how to stay close enuf to each other to link), when they get the Alt Link on you they don't 'lose' you -- it's like they have lock on you. IOW, I'm not sure that it is the Alt Link itself that is too powerful, it is the bots' AI usage of Alt Link. I thought the same things about UT2004.
                                Agreed, we shouldn't have to have use a mutator like MapMixer for the issues ProjectUT listed. But it is there nonetheless, and it at least gives some flexibility the regular UI doesn't. Sinx has done a heck of a job with this mutator. Please try it out if you haven't already.

Also regarding the link gun alt-fire, bots get lock on you with their beam and it will curve and stay locked on to you no matter how much you move. It don't work that way in reverse, my beam always stays straight and I have to be shooting straight at them. They need to fix this unfair ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X