Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tqz View Post
    That's good, neither do I.

By the way, using a suitable FOV is not cheating.
    Explain it. why its not cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by Designer0101 View Post
      Explain it. why its not cheating?
      Because there is drawbacks with higher FOVs, if you don't have a widescreen, set fov to 170 and try playing with it. There you have your explanation. It's all about personal preferences and it also depends on what screen you are using, it's a setting everyone can use so calling it cheating is brainless.

Comment

Like I already said, higher FOV makes aiming harder, so it has an equal disadvantage. Also, if you think a higher FOV gives you an advantage, use it! It's not considered cheating anywhere, including the competitive scene.

FOV is not a cheat because it doesn't get you better results in the game (like aimbots or radars), it's just an option that everybody should be able to set to their preference, like the screen resolution or texture detail.

Comment

ok.

Comment

well yeah I mean not a cap of 180 but at least 120 or 140... haow about it gets enabled only when you use a widescreen resolution?

Comment

140 for widescreens and 120 for others, I would be OK with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gan Xodos View Post
                ... haow about it gets enabled only when you use a widescreen resolution?
                I would like to see FOV specified in steradians. That way, it would automatically adjust if you had a widescreen monitor, without giving anyone an advantage or disadvantage.

Comment

Kick inactive players.

Don't allow team swaps unless the sides have inbalanced numbers. 8v8 no swaps allowed, 8v7 swap allowed.

Comment

have seen people switch to the other team at 8v7 because the 7 were better skilled then the 8 making it more lob sided

Comment

Originally posted by danjel8 View Post
                      Kick inactive players.

Don't allow team swaps unless the sides have inbalanced numbers. 8v8 no swaps allowed, 8v7 swap allowed.
                      an AFK kick script will be fine

Comment

I think IF they are going to release a new patch they should fix the lie about the Auto-Taunt problem that they said they fix it, they said we can hear our auto-taunt now but we only hear it after killing every 5 enemies in deathmatch and only in instant action mode.********.

Comment

Auto-Taunt

I think IF they are going to release a new patch they should fix the lie about the Auto-Taunt problem that they said they fix it, they said we can hear our auto-taunt now but we only hear it after killing every 5 enemies in deathmatch and only in instant action mode. I've tried everything to fix it but i couldn't. *******.

Comment

yeah I NEVER notice any auto taunts. in fact I bet no one hears anyone auto taunts, only bots' auto taunts

Comment

I'm so sick and tired of widescreen owners demanding an advantage. Asking to be allowed to use a larger FOV just because your monitor has a different aspect ratio is like asking for your weapons to fire twice as fast just because your mouse has twice as many buttons.
                              IF Epic lets widescreen users use a higher FOV then at least 4:3 monitor owners should have the option to play at that FOV with black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                                I'm so sick and tired of widescreen owners demanding an advantage...
                                It's not necessarily an advantage. In fact, playing with a 90 degree (horizontal) FOV on a widescreen monitor puts you at a disadvantage relative to someone playing on a normal monitor with the same FOV because you have a smaller vertical FOV.

Comment

Working...
                                X