X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gan Xodos View Post
    yeah correct FOV for widescreen would be nice and more efficient minimizing
    I am not sure about the widescreen uncap for 2 reasons

1. I am considering it as a cheat for online play(anything over 105 fov would give a huge advantage for widescreen gamers(there are still ppls with 4:3 monitors) for offline there should be an option

2. I think it would kill the game performance.(because of polygons which are realy bumped up with ut3)

Comment

no offense designer but they are phasing out non wide screen monitors. Everything's going wide screen. , If you have a old monitor its just like having a crappy video card. Your gonna get less frame rate. And is it fair to blame the video card manufactures because so many have a better frame rate then your self or do you just say "**** i suck, let me get a job and upgrade this 8 year old computer"

Not trying to be harsh but theres no reason to hold onto old tech that is being phased out. Happens with everything. Cars, cd players, Movies, TV's computers, and games. Its your choice to upgrade or be at a disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
        no offense designer but they are phasing out non wide screen monitors. Everything's going wide screen. , If you have a old monitor its just like having a crappy video card. Your gonna get less frame rate. And is it fair to blame the video card manufactures because so many have a better frame rate then your self or do you just say "**** i suck, let me get a job and upgrade this 8 year old computer"

Not trying to be harsh but theres no reason to hold onto old tech that is being phased out. Happens with everything. Cars, cd players, Movies, TV's computers, and games. Its your choice to upgrade or be at a disadvantage.
        You are not at all harsh to me, you are harsh to people who have 4:3 monitors and older video cards(crappy is very insulting word to them) I have 8800GT and 21 samsung widescreen and really i should be one who would write how people with weak pc should not play UT3...but i will not do that.
        Instead i am forgeting my egoism and i am objective.
        And widescreen fov uncap has nothing to do with your answer for the first part of my point. Its a cheat. If ppl with widescreen would be able to set anything from 90- 360, then we are losing any standards which must not happen. There should be rules, and i cherish decision of EPIC doing widescreen cap. The thing they could only do is unlock this ONLY for OFFLINE play(since you havent read my points carefully, i am writting that again)

and i will quote this sentence of yours: "Not trying to be harsh but theres no reason to hold onto old tech that is being phased out. Happens with everything. Cars, cd players, Movies, TV's computers, and games. Its your choice to upgrade or be at a disadvantage."

Yes but what about broader audience? The more the game is optimized, the more people play, the more people play, the more people pay, the more money EPIC gets the more development resources they have, the more resources they have the beter game themy make, the better game they make the more people are happier,...hope you got the point. Everything is connected, not everyane has shallow perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
          ...If you have a old monitor its just like having a crappy video card. Your gonna get less frame rate...
          If widescreen monitors were simply better than normal ones then yes, but they aren't, they are just different. Widescreen monitors might let you see more to the sides (assuming FOV is set for equal displayed solid angle), but they do this at the expense of seeing what's above and below you, which is not unimportant in a game with lots of vertical action like UT3.

Comment

If you think higher FOV is cheating then why not use it yourself? I'd love to use 110 on my 5:4 screen, you don't need a widescreen monitor for that. 100 is simply too low for me and I really hate that cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
              If widescreen monitors were simply better than normal ones then yes, but they aren't, they are just different. Widescreen monitors might let you see more to the sides (assuming FOV is set for equal displayed solid angle), but they do this at the expense of seeing what's above and below you, which is not unimportant in a game with lots of vertical action like UT3.
              yes this is the only argumented answer so far. Everyone are talking about their needs, but this is objective.

So, basicly you think it is balanced?
              But if it is, what about one player knows about fov, and other dont, and both have same widescreen size? Or one prefers 100 fov and other 180? It puts in some disadvantage players because of their personal refference to some degree.
              That is why i insist that there should be fov standard for online competitive play.

Comment

All new olnine FPS support Widescreen and limited fov adjustment. Widescreen is not cheating -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Designer0101 View Post
                  yes this is the only argumented answer so far. Everyone are talking about their needs, but this is objective.

So, basicly you think it is balanced?
                  I don't think it's cheating, which is why I wrote a mutator to raise the limit. I also explained why I don't think it's cheating in that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRadeon View Post
                    All new olnine FPS support Widescreen and limited fov adjustment. Widescreen is not cheating -.-
                    So you think that there is no whatsoever disadvantige if someone sees 90 while other 180 horizontaly? try to apply this to every day life. your eyes see only one part of your room with 90 fov but with 180? This is just an example.

Comment

Like I said, if you think a higher FOV gives you an advantage, then why don't you use it? A very high FOV makes aiming harder (because everything is much smaller, like zoomed out), so hardly an advantage anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tqz View Post
                        Like I said, if you think a higher FOV gives you an advantage, then why don't you use it? A very high FOV makes aiming harder (because everything is much smaller, like zoomed out), so hardly an advantage anyway.
                        Because i dont want to cheat. And even though you say that it would be harder to aim, you still got instant information where the enemy is on horizontal view than the ones who dont use it/dont have widescreen.

Comment

So you think that there is no whatsoever disadvantige if someone sees 90 while other 180 horizontaly? try to apply this to every day life. your eyes see only one part of your room with 90 fov but with 180? This is just an example.
                          Try u to force in a game the fov at 180° with a single monitor and see what happend and try u to play with a fov higher than 100-120° in a widescreen. If u don't have a widescreen, we don't care if u don't understand how fov works.

PS: "human fov" is about ca 120°

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRadeon View Post
                            Try u to force in a game the fov at 180° and see what happend and try u to play with a fov higher than 100-120° in a widescreen. If u don't have a widescreen, we don't care if u don't understand how fov works.

PS: "human fov" is about ca 120°
                            Then why you re explaining this to me if you dont care?
                            Human fov has nothing to do with game fov. Ever heard of "peripheral vision"?(please dont google it for God sake)

Comment

Because i dont want to cheat.
                              That's good, neither do I.

By the way, using a suitable FOV is not cheating.

Comment

Then why you re explaining this to me if you dont care?
                                Human fov has nothing to do with game fov. Ever heard of "peripheral vision"?(please dont google it for god sake)
                                I know it. it was a "PS"...

try to apply this to every day life.

Comment

Working...
                                X