No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone from Epic please tell us if the plan is to release a 1.4 patch before the expansion is released?!

Comment

Originally posted by bece View Post
      Can someone from Epic please tell us if the plan is to release a 1.4 patch before the expansion is released?!
      For some reason, Epic have stopped communicating.

And please delete this post (although I'm not violating any rules) instead of locking down this otherwise useful thread :P

Comment

They took 6 months to release patch 1.3 (from 1.2) so i guess u'll have to wait 6 more months (from Aug2008) so prob release around feb2009

Comment

whywhywhy??? they made tons of patches for ut2004...

Comment

they've given up

Comment

With the coventional patch system like UT3's; 1.2 ,1.3,1.4... the wait is months so as not to be releasing 20 separate patches and facing criticism for a)confusing people b)gamers saying the game must be totally broken ,it needing so many patches.

That's the one thing I like about Valve, they're always tweaking, updating their products, it's reassuring to frequently get- updating..., before, even older games are ready to play. Their platform also allows quick correction should a patch replace one fault with another.

Comment

What about "Change the Stinger Mini Gun"?
                Many players complain about this weapon.
                I often read when they call somebody "Stinger noob".
                Maybe the recoil should be harder.
                There is already a recoil, but it is not very much...

Greets

Comment

stinger is the only thing other then avril that can kill vehicles so of course people complain, if flack had decent knockback on manta that would make it more useful, stopping a full speed manta is currently too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
                    stinger is the only thing other then avril that can kill vehicles so of course people complain, if flack had decent knockback on manta that would make it more useful, stopping a full speed manta is currently too hard.

Use the Shock Rifle's secondary. It's strong, has a fast fire rate, and significant knockback.

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
                      Vehicles are easily taken out with many weapons. For instance, the Manta can be taken care of with triple rockets, which will frequently kill only the driver so you can purloin the Manta for yourself.

Comment

Yes but I meant the shooting against players, not vehicles.
                        It seems too easy to shoot someone with the Stinger.
                        I often lose against players that are not better, if they have a Stinger and I have a Shock Rifle, Link Gun etc.

I think the Stinger is also pretty effective against Fury and Raptor.
                        Especially to hit the enemy that is hanging on them.

Greets

Comment

I think the stinger is fine as it is, people will always call x player noob with y weapon.
                          Its a given status just go play on certain servers and just use a flak or a link you'll end up being called noob anyways.

It's like someone on VCTF-Suspense defending the flag with a Goliath, people just call it camping, cheating or the driver a tank noob.

Besides the Stinger is a good weapon against flying vehicles, its the only thing worthy of shooting at flying vehicles if your out of Avril ammo...
                          That or your aiming with a Shock Rifle is good and you use it instead.

Comment

but getting an avril or shock is not practical on suspence, too many snipers and other annoyances

Comment

I'd like to see in patch 1.4:
                              - Uncap FOV / Widescreen support !!!
                              - Correct clientside demorec, macros for map in demo filename
                              - Demoplay controls (stop/pause/rw)
                              - Switching between Play and Spectate
                              - Fix spectate mode bugs, add crosshair & hud
                              - Improve scoreboard info, fix bug with "hidden" names on some screen resolutions
                              - Memory leak when fullscreen minimized

Comment

yeah correct FOV for widescreen would be nice and more efficient minimizing

Comment

Working...
                                X