No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i hated havin'g to restart a mission because bots were stupid.
    i would like vehicle v player combat to be more like UT2004 currently on maps like suspence mantas dominate people on foot, scorps stupid auto aim on hoverboards doesn't help either, remove the roof so we can snipe out drivers again.

Comment

the scorpion auto-aim has go to go. agreed.
      I have noticed that bots are incredibly good at some things and incredibly stupid at others.
      Anyway it'd be nice to have a bot say things spontaneously like: "I'm going to get the enemy flag" or "cover me while I get the flag" or "I'm staying at our flag to defend it". things liek that could really improve gameplay, if you don't like what a bot is doing just order him to do something else. btw in warfare I still odn't understand the order assignment map. please make it clearer and easier to use

Comment

Noob bashing managed to put a lot of people away from Orbfare. At least fix the announcer messages code.

Sometimes you can hear stuff like "grab your Orb -> attack the enemy core".

Comment

Yeah what is with the scorpion being able to hit a manta or hoverboard without aiming. Put some skill in the game. When I'm in the scorpion and I see a enemy manta its good as dead. That's the way it seems on the PC side anyways. In fact why did they drop the bolas for the scorpion. Those where cool. What the new engine can't handle it.

Comment

scorpeon is stupidly overpowered, self destruct + one flak and goliath is down, hellbender down.. manta is down by glob, raptor has to fligh high, people can no longer fight it at close quarters either or snipe it.
            found somthing else a bit bizzare, killing a flag carrier on the same server has given me 3 differant ammounts of points (distance from flag was about the same) those are 1 3 and 6 any idea what thats about, also sometimes starting with -1 is bizzare

Comment

Sometimes I don't like the Scorpion, too.
              I will think about it, if I should include it in the 1st post.

To your flag carrier issue:
              Maybe it also depends on the health of the flag carrier (how much damage you deal). - but definitely not sure about this!
              The other thing would be that there are clear borders/limits of the distance.
              Killing him right near the flag won't give you any point.

To the -1 score:
              Maybe the server automatically switches you to the other team after you connected.
              I did not experienced that.

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                Sometimes I don't like the Scorpion, too.
                I will think about it, if I should include it in the 1st post.

To your flag carrier issue:
                Maybe it also depends on the health of the flag carrier (how much damage you deal). - but definitely not sure about this!
                The other thing would be that there are clear borders/limits of the distance.
                Killing him right near the flag won't give you any point.

To the -1 score:
                Maybe the server automatically switches you to the other team after you connected.
                I did not experienced that.

Greets

If you kill the flag carrier, it's 1 point.
                If you return the flag AT YOUR BASE it's 1 point.
                If you return the flag mid-way from your base to the opponents' base, it's 5 points.
                If you return the flag at the enemy base, it's 10 points. I'm not sure if a Last Second Save applies for this, or if it's more points.
                Capping the flag gets you 10 points.
                If you get the enemy flag, get killed, and a teammate picks the flag up, both of you guys get around 10 points. So don't be upset when you bring the flag all the way, die, and your teammate take the cap. You still get lots of points.

Somebody please correct me if I made mistakes.

Comment

Sould be all right.
                  Yes, the last thing is definitely ok.
                  Not only the scorer gets points if a team mate had the flag too and got killed.

As said (in my other thread):
                  I will watch this when I play V-CTF (every day^^)

Greets

Comment

the amount of points is true, but you don't get points by returning the flag, but by killing flag carrier. 1 problem is: when the carrier is on hoverboard and drops the flag, you just get 1 point by killing him.

how much points you recieve in a flag cap is a percentage of how close you've got to your own flag until you dropped it. i think you get extra points when you actually cap but i'm not sure

Comment

ADD Render distance for DECOLAYERS!
                      ADD Lower density for FOLIAGE
                      ADD more TERRAIN LAYERS

Comment

it would be really nice when your playing online, and a map comes up that isnt in your cache, if the game actually checked ur hard drive for the map before redownloading it..... I know about the cache adjustments and how to get around it, but it makes for a ridiculously large cache for those with large map collections........
                        Just a suggestion, love the game either way

Comment

1.WE NEED SPLITSCREEN ON PS3!
                          2.1ST PERSON TO 3RD PERSON SCREEN MODE ON SETTINGS.
                          3.PLEASE ADD A WALK MODE FOR MORE REALISTIC GAMIING.
                          4.AND ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT!!! A CROUH BUTTON LIKE COD4 CLICK TWICE!!!
                          5.WALL GRAB LIKE GEARS OF WAR (SORRY I LIKE GOW).
                          6.BETTER DISMEMBERMENT.
                          ps3 TAG:xSkyWalkerx2012x

Comment

For spectators:
                            • Increase spectator moving speed (when not focused on a specific player/free view)
                            • When detaching from player view (secondary fire button) keep current spectating position
                            • Show num of spectators slots available in server browser (in server info)
                            • Display spectators in server browser (with other color/ like in ut2004 (yellow)
                            • Disable mapvoting for spectators

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                              Increase spectator moving speed (when not focused on a specific player/free view)
                              In case you didn't already know: Hold shift while spectating to move faster. It's still not fast enough, but it's better.

Comment

saveussavethem@hot, I guess you never played ut2004. UT isn't a console game! if u have it on console get a mouse and keyboard!

Comment

Working...
                                X