UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
    Redeemer needs to blow up all players standing next to the explosion up to its kill radius. Make it work like in UT2004. I lost count how many lost kills I had using that near-useless weapon hitting a wall next to them. I wonder if it even knocks them down. Lately I've had to make sure to aim at the floor and take everyone out with me, but that just makes me a suicide bomber!
    That, no kills redeemer thing is a bug. Not talking about denied either.

Comment

For PS3

1) Since people can set games to disable mouse/keyboards, I have to switch control settings when entering/leaving said matches. I have to turn off Invert Y when I switch to mouse, and re-enable it when I switch to a controller. Could you please seperate the Invert Y option to give controllers and mice their own settings? In fact, could you make multiple controller profiles? (Like 5 or so?) Jumping with a controller in my left hand and a mouse in the right is somewhat difficult. I'd like to switch jumping to L1 when I'm using a mouse.

2) The autosave pauses the game for 4 or 5 seconds. Could you wait to have this done when you quit the match? Or at least do the 5 controller settings I suggested earlier and not have it autosave when you switch between them?

3) Disable the "reconnect the controller" notification when using mice/keyboards. And enable keyboard/mouse controls in the menu

4) Enable mouse/kb controls in campaign/offline modes

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
        It is possible to do that by editing UTGame.ini, setting the value of team in the [DefaultPlayer] section (0 is red, 1 is blue, 255 is no preference, which is effectively the same as choosing red).
        thank you, Mr Evil. But nevertheless it should be an option ingame.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoTechni View Post
          1) Since people can set games to disable mouse/keyboards, I have to switch control settings when entering/leaving said matches. I have to turn off Invert Y when I switch to mouse, and re-enable it when I switch to a controller. Could you please seperate the Invert Y option to give controllers and mice their own settings? In fact, could you make multiple controller profiles? (Like 5 or so?) Jumping with a controller in my left hand and a mouse in the right is somewhat difficult. I'd like to switch jumping to L1 when I'm using a mouse.

2) The autosave pauses the game for 4 or 5 seconds. Could you wait to have this done when you quit the match? Or at least do the 5 controller settings I suggested earlier and not have it autosave when you switch between them?

3) Disable the "reconnect the controller" notification when using mice/keyboards. And enable keyboard/mouse controls in the menu

4) Enable mouse/kb controls in campaign/offline modes

Theres a PS3 dedicated patch thread >>
          http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=624127

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I'd like some sort of option to automatically go to spectator mode when joining a server that fills before you connect. To clarify, when I go to join a server listed with 23/24 players, it'll start connecting, load the map, and then say "Connection failed" and dump me back to the main menu because that last slot was taken by someone else while I was connecting. Just give me the option to go to a spectator slot at that point.

Comment

Hope this counts.

1. UI Dosen't save settings for gametypes. I set Goalscore to 50 it should stay 50, as with Timelimit, Mutator list etc.

2. Custom gametypes settings always revert to defaults, doesn't use custom INI.

3. Why is Next on the left of the button list instead of the right where it should be, same with back, should be on the left not right. Common practices.

4. Login screen should be for multiplayer not a profile or user login, considering I can hit the Esc key and still play offline no matter what profiles are active.

5. Midgame map menu would be nice, sick of going to Main Menu to change gametype or map. This really puts me off playing.

6. Tweak Bot AI to not always target player when other targets are in visible range.

7. Add the midgame stats page back like in UT2k4, You know, how many kills, deaths, suicides etc you got. The Code is there, bit no UI for it.

8. Bring back WEATHER EFFECTS, FLUID SURFACE, the current method is useless and looks crappy, sick of the always calm water, especially with maps that have big waves splashing around and still calm oceans.

9. Reflective surfaces, especially water... Even cheap games have this basic effect.

10. Random bots when travelling to next map, sick of seeing the same bots each match.

11. Random custom bot list, load random bots from the custom list instead of top to bottom.

12. Custom sound packs and skins setup for custom bot list.

13. Add Hardcore and Turbo as a gametype option, not mutator.

14. More defence for player vs vehicle, (Bots) they always target player on foot instead of other vehicles and most cases ignore vehicles just to get player = LAME GAMEPLAY. It's why I don't play vehicle games offline.

15. Alt link too strong especially for bots.

16. Random spawn time for pickups, to prevent timing of the pickup, bots as well, remove the 4 seconds advantage they have.

17. Remove IsHumanControlled() in the Bot AI, not needed, we should be seen as another bot, not player.

18. Map player count would be nice, sick of changing from 5 to 2 when playing 1on1 maps and vice versa.

I have more, but can't put my finger on them.
              These would be nice for 1.4 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                16. Random spawn time for pickups, to prevent timing of the pickup, bots as well, remove the 4 seconds advantage they have.

These would be nice for 1.4 patch.
                I think this is great. It would keep people from taking themselves so seriously just because they CHOOSE to time pickups in a pub. General players, the ones that play for FUN, find little *****es like that very annoying.

I'd also like map voting option to be like COD4. As in, only a veto. If a map is veto'd, the next map is played no matter what. I'm so tired of seeing custom maps be voteable but no one ever votes for them.

Comment

@ProjectUT:
                  I think some of your requests are already in the 1st post:
                  1, 2 and 8 (maybe even more).

To some other requests:
                  15:
                  I think not the Link Gun is strong, but the Bots.
                  If they have you, they easily can kill you.

14:
                  I don't really understand what your problem is.
                  You mean a player is the 1st target for the enemy vehicle?
                  Sure.
                  But there are a lot of tactics against vehicles.

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by prograham View Post
                    'm so tired of seeing custom maps be voteable but no one ever votes for them.
                    The problem is that UT3 maps are generally quite large and, at least in Warfare, when a custom map does get voted, it seems that half the server spends the first round or two downloading the map.

There have been several custom map parties for the Warfare community and that has been a great catalyst for getting people to load map packs. Still, when one of these maps gets voted there are a significant amount of players downloading.

The worst part is that if you're downloading a map, you're listed as being in the server. The teams are balanced by who is connected and not by who is actually playing, which almost always leaves you with a horribly unbalanced first round. Basically you can be playing 12v12 Downtown, vote a custom map, and then you're playing 6v2 on a custom map while the other 16 people download. I think this should be addressed as well.

Comment

Loses forced anti-aliasing setting with my 8800 series Nvidia card during or at beginning of some maps. Regains setting after restart of game. Using 180.43 driver and XP.

Comment

Only 1 Request...
                        Please Make the range for 'Double Click Time' go up to 1 instead of 0.4.
                        I'm a slow button pusher.
                        Thank you.

Comment

16. Random spawn time for pickups, to prevent timing of the pickup, bots as well, remove the 4 seconds advantage they have
                          Thay will need to sort out the stupid DemoGuy problem for this to work. Otherwise bots will all spawn as DemoGuy.

Comment

My requests:
                            - include official bonus packs in patches so the new maps are played on official servers.
                            - add Instagib CTF as game mode - the UT2K4 standard: CTF-Face rotating with some other map, Low Gravity, Instagib with translocator, team boosting. This is/was popular in UT2k4.
                            - Warfare maps like Torlan Necris - change sides between rounds - now blue team always is Necris
                            - allow custom link setup for Warfare maps
                            - conversion of UT2k4 popular maps to UT3 (ONS-Primeval, CTF-BridgeOfFate)
                            - allow to choose between dynamic music or like in previous UTs.

Comment

my requests:
                              better avril (hardly kills vehicles with lack of ammo and the fact avrils can be shot down)

stats that update ALL THE TIME, for some screwball reason i play on a server thats goes to custom, get TWO massacres and for those games stats do not update? if we want a fair stats system all games have to count.

better translocator, - in UT you shot an enemy with it it went underneith them, now it bounces off?

give us some kind of vehicle lock (teamates only) so people cant just hop into a vehicle while you are repairing...

Comment

Please all I ask is you fix OpenAL for X-FI cards

Comment

Working...
                                X