Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok but this is about the up coming patch for ut3

Comment

Yes, it is a collection of many (27 until now) requests and wishes that could be included in patch 1.4 or further patches.
      I sent recoiledsnake a PM with the "source code" of the list.
      After he checked it, he may edit his first post.
      So just patience

P.S. After releasing the list, it will still be updated more and more.

Greets

Comment

[Interface]-Add server browser tab while playing in a server (so don't have to quit server then browse for servers)
        [Interface]-Let the user being able both connecting/download from server A while playing in server B (i prefer playing while downloading rather than just watching at this screen percentages for several minutes until i can join server A)

Comment

If Epic actually listens, I want them to change how the game forces the model to use only one base material. This may sound like nothing to many of you, but some custom material effects need to use different base materials that have different instruction sets per character mesh piece. For example:
          For a character I have, I have a custom material that has lots of unique instructions for things like detail normals, detail masking, and other effects for visual enhancements. Then I have another material thats specifically made for reflection and other effects but uses much less instructions than the other more elaborate one. The first material will be used for the body and the second material will be applied to the head/visor.
          In the family code I am able to turn the selection of the base material into an array so the materials work, but when it comes to using teamcolors the game breaks somewhere and the TC skins never get used by the game.
          So in a nutshell Epic please look into this so we have more flexability to use more than one base material per character/family.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
            [Interface]-Let the user being able both connecting/download from server A while playing in server B (i prefer playing while downloading rather than just watching at this screen percentages for several minutes until i can join server A)
            I don't think it's possible.
            a) you would be connected to 2 servers at the same time
            b) if it would be possible then you could experience lags while playing on server B (depends on your Internet connection).
            Or the map will be downloaded very slowly.

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
              I don't think it's possible.
              a) you would be connected to 2 servers at the same time
              b) if it would be possible then you could experience lags while playing on server B (depends on your Internet connection).
              Or the map will be downloaded very slowly.

Greets
              It's possible because it was possible in UT2004,UT2003,UT99. Server download speed is not slowed down. May cause some little lag (around 30-40 ms ping increase) only when using about 80-90% of your internet bandwith.
              I wouldn't be connected to 2 servers at same time (example):
              1)Playing at server A
              2)I connect to server B while still playing at server A
              3)My computer dls required files from server A or redirection server (server C)
              4) When my computer got all files, disconnect from server A and connect (for play)ing to server B.

Comment

...Let the user being able both connecting/download from server A while playing in server B (i prefer playing while downloading rather than just watching at this screen percentages for several minutes until i can join server A)
                Actually, this already happens! I think I posted it earlier in this thread, but it's a really bad bug now that custom maps work and given that custom maps can be huge: If you join a server while playing on another, you see the connecting screen but you are still connected to the first server and are left standing AFK in the game. If the original server changes maps while you are still downloading from the second server, then the connecting screen will close and you will be able to continue playing (assuming you haven't gone away to make a cup of tea for the ten minutes that a big map can take to download).

Comment

It's possible because it was possible in UT2004,UT2003,UT99.
                  OK good point, I didn't know that because this is my first UT which I play very long.
                  (I played 99 and 2004 too, but not very long and my knowledge about them is pretty low).

I think this could be added in the wish/request collection which will come soon.

Greets

Comment

Official Stats Mutator. Add/Remove

Another thing that I really really miss is NG World Stats!

It would be really nice to get a universal place that everyone can see thier stats like the good old days! I know not everyone cares about thier stats, but for me and hundreds of others im sure, its about the points and competition, can't we bring it back as a choice like before please?

Comment

@[Insta]-Loque:
                      Do you mean something like that?:
                      http://www.dfbgaming.com/ut3_stats/

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                        @[Insta]-Loque:
                        Do you mean something like that?:
                        http://www.dfbgaming.com/ut3_stats/

Greets
                        Indeed yeah thats kewl thanks!

What is being used to log the stats? My name is not listed when searching, thanks in advance.

Comment

Biggest change players can see

VOTE MENU = FAIL

I think more than anything now I REALLY REALLY want a REVAMPED VOTE MENU.

If the server has more than one page of maps, you can't even tell there are more to choose from. Forget it if the server has several pages of maps (one of UT's strengths, many custom maps).

Please make the voting more like ut2k4. Two seperate windows. Top one lists maps that have been voted for. Bottom lists the maps to choose from.

I think this probably is the most important noticeable (to the players) thing to fix. Because if it isn't fixed, more players will just continue to stop playing since one of the best things about the game (custom maps) are next to impossible to take advantage of online (no one goes past the 1st page to vote).

Comment

option to make moving vehicles much like the ut2004 way

Comment

Although the top 10 requests are critical/useful WarTourist clearly states in the 1.3 Patch Sticky that the 1.3 patch is the "Final" patch, can anyone remotely confirm that a 1.4 patch will even be developed? Just a thought..

Comment

Originally posted by [Insta]-Loque View Post
                                Although the top 10 requests are critical/useful WarTourist clearly states in the 1.3 Patch Sticky that the 1.3 patch is the "Final" patch, can anyone remotely confirm that a 1.4 patch will even be developed? Just a thought..
                                I think he means the final patch change list.

As in no more fixes will be added to 1.3 as its the public release of the patch.

Comment

Working...
                                X