• Show
Clear All

1. Trophy Support.
    2. Custom Soundtracks
    3. Custom Familys
    4. Custom Gibs
    5. PS3 Vs Pc Online Play

Comment

Fix Gamepad support for PC. Me and few other friends have gamepads but cannot use due to the fact that either the left/right or up/down on thumb syciks seem to be reversed. Either that or fix the customization of the key settings to allow better customization of Thumbstick controls. I try to set the thumbsticks to work correctly, but they just go back to default. Its really frustrating.

Comment

hi.
        1. Demoguy bug.. it's really irritating, when 90% of players looks the same, and talk the same
        2. UT3 crash sometimes, when the darkwalker is near, and makes the deathsound.
        3. ut99 menu
        4. taunts, taunts, and taunts.. like in ut99, bindable, and not randomized. I've got binded 10 taunts in ut99 and it have made game 2x more fun, because I was able to make simple conversation with other players using: hahaha, incoming, boom, you suck , oh yeah, that had to hurt, cover me, loser, roger that, sucker, anyone want some, yeehaw! heh, I still remeber that, while I'm not playing ut99 since ut3 comes up. That was awesome, make ut3 taunts like that or "You be dead"

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
          All human players who play at world detail above 1 or at least distortions enabled can see you, and the bots are there to mimic human players, no? I'd say maybe decrease their hit ratio with hitscan weapons or something.
          I cannot see bots when they get the invisible artifact, why should they be able to see me? Do I need special x-ray glasses that they have?

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken-Wing View Post
            5. More modes. ASSAULT please!!!!

Warfare IS assault + ONS combined

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
              Warfare IS assault + ONS combined
              NO it is not
              warfare = ONS with extras

have you ever destroyed a huge mothership with a space fighter by shutting down the shields, boarding it and destroying the core in warfare?
              have you ever made an epic escape from a huge junkjard in a hellbender with obstacles all the way in warfare?
              have you ever boarded a convoy of vehicles, jumping from vehicle to vehicle, to steal missles from your enemy in warfare?
              no

(yes assault was this awesome)

warfare has nothing related to assault. epic completely removed this gametype from UT, and they should bring it back!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronvdl View Post
                ...warfare has nothing related to assault. epic completely removed this gametype from UT, and they should bring it back!
                Warfare has plenty related to Assault. You only need to play WAR-Islander to realize that. All it needs is a better scoring system so that asymmetrical maps don't favour one side, and more maps Assault-style maps.

Comment

Ok whatever bro^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Ronvdl View Post
                    NO it is not
                    warfare = ONS with extras

have you ever destroyed a huge mothership with a space fighter by shutting down the shields, boarding it and destroying the core in warfare?
                    have you ever made an epic escape from a huge junkjard in a hellbender with obstacles all the way in warfare?
                    have you ever boarded a convoy of vehicles, jumping from vehicle to vehicle, to steal missles from your enemy in warfare?
                    no

(yes assault was this awesome)

warfare has nothing related to assault. epic completely removed this gametype from UT, and they should bring it back!
                    +1
                    Assault was my favorite gametype in UT2004 because we could play:
                    • Normal assault maps for teamwork
                    • Racing maps for fun (as-hellbenderrace)
                    • Trial maps for moving skill

I really don't understand why they removed this gametype for UT3.
                    History of assault:
                    • UT99 [ON]
                    • UT2003 [OFF]
                    • UT2004 [ON]
                    • UT3 [OFF]

I hope assault will be back for UT4.

Comment

Max custom characters allowed being adjustable or at least increased.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                        +1
                        Assault was my favorite gametype in UT2004 because we could play:
                        • Normal assault maps for teamwork
                        • Racing maps for fun (as-hellbenderrace)
                        • Trial maps for moving skill

I really don't understand why they removed this gametype for UT3.
                        History of assault:
                        • UT99 [ON]
                        • UT2003 [OFF]
                        • UT2004 [ON]
                        • UT3 [OFF]

I hope assault will be back for UT4.
                        Assaulst is now combined with Onslaught and gives WAR

Comment

To add to the list...

-Crosshairs while spectating in 1st person.
                          -Being able to "see" where the person is on the mini-map while spectating.
                          -While spectating someone, and you go to your own camera (fly mode), begin spectating from where you were when you were just spectating the last person. Basically everytime I'm spectating someone and the action gets good, I want to go to my own camera to get a birds eye view but as soon as I go to my own camera I'm sent back all the way across the map to the red/blue core, then have to travel for a minute to get back to where the action is.

Comment

The ability to be able to connect to more than 10% of the low ping campaign games that show up in the list as well as preventing a connection failed at the first map change on the games that I do manage to get into.

Being able to start a public campaign where people can actually see your game in the list so the could join would be nice as well but I don't mean to ask the world in my first post here.

*Agitated Unreal/UT fan who spent the past week updating router firmware, purchasing new routers, reinstalling game, OS, bothering girlfriend etc in attempts to get this online with this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker
                              By your own admission, in some ten years of UT, Epic has always kept "patches" and "bonus packs" separate, including the UT3 patches and bonus packs. And by definition, a patch is not meant to include bonus content. "A patch is a small piece of software designed to fix problems with or update a computer program or its supporting data. This includes fixing bugs, replacing graphics and improving the usability or performance."...
                              Emphasis mine. And from the same Wikipedia page that your quote comes from, in relation to game patches: "Extra features and game play tweaks are also often added".

Patches do frequently contain more than mere fixes. It might often make sense to keep new content separate from patches, but not always. In the case of UT3, adding something that should have been in the game from the start should probably be done through a patch, whereas adding something completely new would make more sense in a bonus pack.

Comment

Here are my requests for Patch 1.4 (actually the same as for Patch 1.3):

Custom Factions:
                                There are a few lines of code missing, that allows modders to create their own factions. The problem is as far as i can see: The background is different for each faction, but there is no default backgrund. Maybe it should be specified by the UTCustomChars.ini like "Faction=(FriendlyName="GenMoKai", Background="Krall")"

Custom Voice:
                                Voicepacks should be configruable in the TCustomChar.ini seperately from the family, faction, even gender. Making it selectable in the character setup menu would be the crowning of it. Something like Characters=(CharName="Lauren", VoicePack="Bishop")

Default Chars:
                                I don´t like to see only a default IronGuard model if the Models are not loaded completely (Update: This is the DemoGuy issue), at least for every stock faction, there should be a default model. If the model belongs to a custom faction, the default default iron guard model may be used of course.

Bot Team Setup:
                                The Bot Setup Menu should be divided into blue and red team, this means you could specify wich bot and how many bots are in team red or blue.
                                The alternative Bot setting would be not only to select an oposing bot team faction in a server setup, but also to set up the friendly bot team faction.
                                Both options (Team Factions and Bot Setup) should be available in both Game Setups: Instant Action and MP Server. There is no reason to make a difference between those two.

Maplist Bug for Custom GameTypes:
                                From my experience, if you start a custom gametype and set up a maplist, the game either ignores the maplists and repeats the map or it uses the maplist from the related default gametype (e.g. Invasion uses Deathmatch maplist)

Save/Load Gamesettings:
                                The worst thing about UT3 is the fact, that neither maplists nor game setup configrations are saved when UT3 is exited. The solution would be to integrate a Save/Load settings option anywhere in the game setup (both Instant Action and MP Server) where it makes sense. The settings should be stored in anini file under a bracket like [UTGameSettings SaveGameName]; SaveGameName would be the name of your choice.

Unconfigurable Mutators:
                                The second worst thing in UT3 is the mutator table. If you want to configure a mutator that is not configurable, there is a annoying message that must not be. Why not just rendering the "Configure"-Button grey?

Mutator Filter:
                                In the server browser, I want to search for severs which use or not use mutators of my choice.

Server Info:
                                It would be nice to see detailed informations about the server you want to join. E.g. if you select a server and click on a new button on the bottom called "Server Info", you should see things like: Players currently playing (incl score and ping); Mutators used; Settings like Bots, Time(passed+limitation), fraglimit, ...; and maps in the maplist of the server.

Show Teammate Health:
                                In a Team Game you can see Vehicle names and health, node names and healthbut why the hell allied player names without health. It would encurage players to work together. If you e.g. have 80 health and yor teammate 30 health, you know he should better pick up the health pack which is around the corner.

MMMMMonsterKILLKillkill:
                                A simple sound effect modification that is an abslute must for UT. Please change MonsterKill into MMMMMonsterKILLKillkill!

Especially the Custom VoicePack Support may be the most requested Feature (besides the Linux Server). I hope, the reason for no VoicePacks in the PC Version is not because they can´t be ported to the PS3 (like the Custom Map Music).

Comment

Working...
                                X