UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceFrogg View Post
    LoL u people have too many expectations.

WarTourist, this is exactly what happens with the demo guy problem : You can
    a) join a server and get the defualt character
    b) change teams
    c) go on the hoverboard to check
    Those are the only ways to reproduce it.

Observations : When u see the default character when your on the hoverboard, in 1st person, you still see your characters arms and such (i'm not sure about taunts), but when you go on the hoverboard its the demo guy.

But since u can't reproduce the problem i'd say ur using single player which won't work (unless u change teams, but i'm not sure) because uuuh... on IA, your computer has all the information so.. theres no reason for u to get the demo guy, but if u join a multiplayer server might miss some client info sent to them resulting in the default character. Just a guess though.

Also, if u have a.. home computer (im assuming u work @ EPIC) that can run UT3, try and reproduce it there.
    All my bots and myself in single player are always demoguy models. What's up with that and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
      This sounds like a network connection or ping issue. When this happens to me anymore I just disconnect from the server because I know the connection is real bad. If you check the ping on where you were you can usually see it's real high at times. If your in the US, try not to play any non US servers because the ping will kill you, litterally, the lag will kill your aim due to the time delay between you and the server.

If this is happening on servers you join with low ping, say <100, then your connection to the internet may not be so good. That could be your NIC, router, the cable itself, or your provider. Chances are it's your provider. DSL pretty much sucks as do certain cable providers. If FIOS is available where you are, you should get it. Nothing is faster than having the fibre optic cable run right into your house.

No, I really don't think it's my connection. I only play at low ping servers, like 30 to 60 ping, and I have cable, "RoadRunner premium" thats around 8MBps or 10MBps. If this isn't a bug in the game then I'm not sure what the problem is, but thank you.

Comment

A command to make bots repair your vehicles.
        A regular "need repairs" bind.

Comment

Originally posted by LeviWackers View Post
          A command to make bots repair your vehicles.
          A regular "need repairs" bind.
          v > orders > cover me

Comment

PC VS Console should be a reality not a dream

Comment

Fix the vctf. id like to be able to ride in ground vehicles with a flag and perhaps do manta runs.

Comment

1. For the love of God, let us switch back and forth from spectate to in-game.
                2. Rehaul GUI Menus (non-in-game menus, such as when starting the game).
                3. 1st person spectating
                4. Make it much easier to buddy people.

Comment

Originally posted by prograham View Post
                  1. For the love of god, let us switch back and forth from spectate to in-game.
                  2. Rehaul gui menus (non-in-game menus, such as when starting the game).
                  3. 1st person spectating
                  4. Make it much easier to buddy people.
                  !!! +11111

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathchild73 View Post
                    PC VS Console should be a reality not a dream
                    In any case since I don't have a choice I will request patch 1.4 to have the following:

1: make sure UT custom and UT comp are integrated

2: Create a and provide an Anti TCC software, eliminating cheaters in competitive play and public servers is key for the success of the game.

3: Allow pc and console players face off in specific servers but keep them also separate, this is a double edge sword and could potentially affect console players more then anything else.

Comment

[Multiplayer-Joining team]-When player joins server make him join the losing team if there is the same number of players in both teams (and not always red team which can be the winning team)
                      [Multiplayer-Team switching]-Disable team switching from losing team to winning team (if there is one more player in losing team than in winning team)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathchild73 View Post
                        1: make sure UT custom and UT comp are integrated
                        Ha! If anything, they should put a global ban on servers running UTComp and/or UTCustom! Can't stand that ****!

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                          Ha! If anything, they should put a global ban on servers running UTComp and/or UTCustom! Can't stand that ****!
                          Ignorance is bliss, that comment seems obvious u never played competitive in 2k4. Its a great tool for competitive playing but I would agree its not necesarry on public servers.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                            [Multiplayer-Joining team]-When player joins server make him join the losing team if there is the same number of players in both teams (and not always red team which can be the winning team)
                            [Multiplayer-Team switching]-Disable team switching from losing team to winning team (if there is one more player in losing team than in winning team)
                            Good ideas, but that could create a cascade of people leaving the server.

Comment

Originally posted by marketpantry View Post
                              Fix the vctf. id like to be able to ride in ground vehicles with a flag and perhaps do manta runs.
                              It's not broken. We have vehicle grappling and hoverboards in UT3 now which more than make up for what you got used to in UT2004.
                              At first I didnt like not being able to carry flags in vehicles either. But you get used to it, and eventually find that the current method actually works pretty decently.

Pop!

Comment

There is a huge glitch affecting competitive play. Spawning is totally disastrous in multiple spawn point start up maps.

Example:
                                Torlan: Spawining points Core and primary Node. Sometimes the entire team will spawn in Primary node, or almost everyone and just 1 player at core. Regardless spawning on a 6v6 for example should be split 50% to each spawning point and not random. Random bugs equals disorder and one of the many reasons only the hard core UT players are still here.

Example:
                                Serenity: Spawinig points Core and Tank spawning point(wtf). We need to have equal spawning here in all start, makes it even worst no way to teleport from tank spawning point to core or any other node or vice-verse.

Single spawning point maps are fine But any map that has more then one initial spawning point must be fixed, this is the biggest glitch not fixed or discussed that much since competitive players had not given it too much attention till now.

We have been constantly trying to define if there is a effective way to chose the node you spawn at after you die. this is a critical situation that should work just like it did in 2k4, and have option for automatic spawning or manual selecting the node.

Example Downtown

You die and your team has Prime node and Tank node. You want to spawn at prime node but you end up spawning at Tank node leaving you primary node vulnerable to attack.

Spawning SHOULD BE FIXED ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X