No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one simple request for the new UT3 Patch 1.4. Please fix the problem that I have with entering the UT3 Key everytime I turn on my PC. I have UT3 loaded on two PC's at home and both PC's ask for the UT3 Key everytime I turn the PC's on. Now if I don't turn them off I don't have to re-enter the UT3 Key. Also a friend of mine has the same problem with the UT3 Key so I'm not the only one.

I called UT3 Tech Support and they said they would fix the UT3 Key problem in UT3 Patch 1.2. It wasn't fixed in Patch 1.2. I called them back and they said it would be fixed in Patch 1.3. It wasn't fixed in Patch 1.3.

I have tried to do everything that I can find on this forum to fix the UT3 Key problem. I deleted the .ini files under My Documents and then rebuilt the .ini files by loading the game. This doesn't work. Someone said I had My Documents folder locked and the CD Key couldn't update the .ini files. Well I don't have My Document Folder locked and all of the UT3 .ini files get updated every time I make a change to the UT3 settings, but somehow the UT3 Key is not sticking.

Please fix the UT3 Key problem Please.

Comment

Don't know if this has been mentioned before. Other day I managed to carjack a nightshade from some guy who jumped out to heal it. He had a spider mine somewhere in the vicinity, and after I took his ride all his little red spiders were following me around everywhere. They were red but me and the nightshade were blue. They weren't doing the nightshade any damage though, just following it around. But any blue teammates that got too close got attacked by the red spiders. This seemed odd and kind of inconvenient. Is it supposed to work like that? Maybe I wasn't seeing thing properly.

Comment

Is there a compiled list of legitimate requests? I'll reiterate one of my initial suggestions:
        Originally posted by commiecat View Post
        I'd mostly like to see notifications.

Let me know what my charge level is in the Hellbender's second seat.
        Let me know if someone is grappled to my vehicle, and perhaps change it to denote if the grappler is carrying an orb.
        Let me know when I'm linked with another player.

I don't want different crosshairs or some silly yellow stream coming off my link gun, I just want it on the HUD. Give me a big fat grappling hook icon (perhaps glowing or pulsing in color if they have an orb) if players are attached to my vehicle, and a link chain that displays the number of teammates benefiting from the link.
        In addition to that:

It drives me nuts when I'm navigating terrain in a vehicle and I can put my crosshair on spots that I cannot hit. Like when climbing a hill with a Goliath, I can put my crosshair on the horizon even though the main gun is aimed up at the sky. I might be in the minority here but I'd like my crosshair's range to be limited to only areas I can actually hit.

I'm sure this has been mentioned but there's a weird thing w/ the Nightshade where it says I have a spider mine available and when I go to plant it, it'll actually drop a different item (e.g., slow volume). I think this is particularly prevalent when you hijack an enemy 'shade.

When a game fills up before I actually connect, it says Connection Failed and dumps me back to the main menu. It'd be great if there was an option to go straight into spectate mode or at least put me back at the server list. This happens when I go to join a server that is listed as 23/24 players, and apparently someone grabs that 24th spot as my game is loading, to clarify.

Speaking of spectating, let me join a game when in between rounds. I see people leaving and click Join and it says that I can't. Your options are to either reconnect or pray that you can get in at the start of the next round.

If you couldn't tell, these are almost all specific to warfare. I think that's it for now. Cheers.

Comment

My one ultimate request, which I've wanted since the first time I played, is this: a better way to dodge. Instead of double-tapping a key, I'd like to hold another key and tap just once.

Comment

Bind keys:
            Save binded key using command "set bind key command" when exiting UT3 program.
            Annonying to reset them (keys) each time UT3 restarts...

Executing file:
            Add some "exec file" function so it can execute a file and process commands embedded in it.
            For example i can imagine a kargo.txt file that would execute command to bind keys for this map:
            "set bind k teamsay "EFC near tank""

Comment

Originally posted by commiecat View Post
              Speaking of spectating, let me join a game when in between rounds. I see people leaving and click Join and it says that I can't. Your options are to either reconnect or pray that you can get in at the start of the next round.
              I noticed that, too. You need to wait until the game actually starts (clock running backwards), then you can type "becomeactive" in the F10-console (without ") and you join the game. No need to reconnect.

Now to something completely different:
              When in overtime, can you please let the hud-clock show the time? It is always @ 00:00 and makes it hard to time shieldbelt or redeemer.

Now to something completely different:
              When firing the redeemer with right-mouse (to navigate it in first person view), I sometimes only hear the lanuch-sound, but the view does not switch and the deemer disappears (rocket does not show up, and the weapon I am holding is folding down, switching to maybe rocket launcher). There is no explosion after that. Bug or simply packet loss?

Comment

Alpha Distortion does not work when Anti Aliasing is enabled, nightshades are totally invisible. Using Catalyst 8.8 on Windows XP 64 with a 4870.

Comment

I just was killed by a Nightshade´s "Weapon". Can we have a Name here?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobi^^ View Post
                    I propose the name "Nightshade's weapon" for it

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                      I propose the name "Nightshade's weapon" for it
                      Definitely an improvement. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Cobi^^ View Post
                        Speaking of which - the shaped charge has no kill message, it just gives the generic "[victim] was killed by [killer]", and it doesn't show you the weapon name in the big HUD message either.

Comment

Fix the creative crash. I have Xtreme Music, thats NO xram, and still crashes. All software up to date.

Comment

Another bug that's quite serious now that custom maps work:
                            • If you accept a match invite from a friend while playing on another server, you don't disconnect from that server while connecting to the new one. If the new server has a large custom map to download, you are left standing idle in the old server until it finishes downloading. The only way to fix that is to cancel connecting to the new server, but then the invite message is gone.

And another old one reported before, but it's been annoying me a lot again recently:
                            • The Avril cannot handle locking onto a single target out of several on screen. It often ends up flickering rapidly between two of them in a headache-inducing way, and generally it will never manage to lock onto the one you want at all. It should lock onto the one closest to the crosshair, or the closest one to you if several are in line, and it should never change target once locked on as long as the lock button is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                              Another bug that's quite serious now that custom maps work:
                              • If you accept a match invite from a friend while playing on another server, you don't disconnect from that server while connecting to the new one. If the new server has a large custom map to download, you are left standing idle in the old server until it finishes downloading. The only way to fix that is to cancel connecting to the new server, but then the invite message is gone.

And another old one reported before, but it's been annoying me a lot again recently:
                              • The Avril cannot handle locking onto a single target out of several on screen. It often ends up flickering rapidly between two of them in a headache-inducing way, and generally it will never manage to lock onto the one you want at all. It should lock onto the one closest to the crosshair, or the closest one to you if several are in line, and it should never change target once locked on as long as the lock button is held.
                              This changing target one is a huge problem for me too, in warfare, all the time another car will drive in front of a tank or hellbender or something and steal the Avril focus. WTF.

Comment

It would be realy cool if with 1.4 parch my pc stops freezing the game

Comment

Working...
                                X