Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
    The game needs to report player minutes played back to player profile databases like enemydown.

    p.s. If the avril hits you head on, and you're going full pelt, your momentum adds to the damage you take from an avril, which is why you die from one shot. It's a feature, not a bug.
    DidnĀ“t know this one. Guess my upper post then can be trashed.

    Comment


      Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
      ...If the avril hits you head on, and you're going full pelt, your momentum adds to the damage you take from an avril, which is why you die from one shot. It's a feature, not a bug.
      Then why does it happen sometimes even when not moving, or when hit from the side or behind?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
        Then why does it happen sometimes even when not moving, or when hit from the side or behind?
        Either way the current avril is broken and should be looked at. If it's a momentum thing, it should behave consistently and logically. If I travel towards an avril and it's supposed to do more damage, should it not do less damage when traveling away? Why does no other weapon do extra damage based on your velocity?

        One thing I despise about the new avril is the large intercept curve radius. When you right click and lock an avril onto a target, if the target is moving an intercept curve is interpolated to the target. The problem is this curve's radius is quite large. I can be aiming up at a raptor in the sky, but if he descends when I lock on the avril actually curves into the ground because the intercept curve radius is so large. It should follow a more direct path. In 2K4 you could get around this by not holding right mouse. If you held your aim on the target, the avril would follow after them, still with an intercept curve, but this curve's radius was much smaller, resulting in a much tighter path to the target. You could pretty much always hit a zippy manta using a 'manually targeted' avril. That doesn't work in UT3. You still get the large intercept curve so there is no longer any benefit to trying to use the avril the hard way.

        Comment


          This has been requested before but I'm just going to keep it fresh in memory by reiterating the plea; fixing the OpenAL X-Fi X-RAM crash would be very nice and highly desirable for those who have X-RAM enabled sound cards. It would seem as though the buck was passed to Creative but they've done jack shizzle fixing this issue (not sure if they've even tried to fix it actually). The problem seems fairly obvious to be caused by OpenAL, so fair enough if that isn't Epic's jurisdiction but surely the engine must be able to be changed somehow in the way it interacts with OpenAL to prevent this crashing from occurring?

          The workarounds are, well they aren't a fix. Turning OpenAL off in-game defeats the object of having it there in the first place and using older OpenAL file versions just makes the game sound crummy (and newer versions of OpenAL, which do exist, don't fix the problem either).

          Comment


            Originally posted by Xandros View Post
            This has been requested before but I'm just going to keep it fresh in memory by reiterating the plea; fixing the OpenAL X-Fi X-RAM crash would be very nice and highly desirable for those who have X-RAM enabled sound cards. It would seem as though the buck was passed to Creative but they've done jack shizzle fixing this issue (not sure if they've even tried to fix it actually). The problem seems fairly obvious to be caused by OpenAL, so fair enough if that isn't Epic's jurisdiction but surely the engine must be able to be changed somehow in the way it interacts with OpenAL to prevent this crashing from occurring?

            The workarounds are, well they aren't a fix. Turning OpenAL off in-game defeats the object of having it there in the first place and using older OpenAL file versions just makes the game sound crummy (and newer versions of OpenAL, which do exist, don't fix the problem either).

            Yes, please! I want this issue fixed too.

            Comment


              Yeah i want it too pleaaaaaaaaze

              Comment


                A chat box/window to show only the messages that other players and yourself have sent during a game, much like the F2 function in ut2k4. Trying to scroll through all the kill messages and whatever after having missed a comment is annoying.

                Comment


                  In the menu I'd like my scroll wheel to move the scroll bar on the right hand side, like when browsing the internet. Currently it moves this "selector bar" or something. It's really annoying.

                  Field of View up to 107/110 degrees (correct FOV for widescreen gaming).

                  Also, I've got 4GB of ram, why do I have to wait 8 seconds to load the menu again after every game? Why can't I get to this menu in-game without quitting my current game? Why doesn't it automatically go back to the server browser? Why does it forget EVERY SINGLE TIME that I had Capture the Flag selected and not Deathmatch?

                  The rest of UT3 has been significantly improved, now if you would just fix these parts (particularly the menu loading and forgetting my settings and not letting me access the server browser in game) then it would be a reasonable game. As it is I've got several friends who have played on my PC and said "What the hell is wrong with this interface, why is it loading, why is it forgetting settings, why does scrolling moving this useless selection bar" and aren't interested in UT3 until this is fixed.

                  Comment


                    But really, the vote menu needs some improvement. Please combine Vote- and Chat-Screen, and reduce the font-size of the available maps. When you have a map-list that does need scrolling to see ALL maps, a double-click on a map often leads to the wrong selection, because clicking leads to "flipping around" of the maps.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Cobi^^ View Post
                      But really, the vote menu needs some improvement. Please combine Vote- and Chat-Screen, and reduce the font-size of the available maps. When you have a map-list that does need scrolling to see ALL maps, a double-click on a map often leads to the wrong selection, because clicking leads to "flipping around" of the maps.
                      Oh yeah I left this one off. ^ What he said.

                      UT3 is such a disgusting direct port of a console game. Smack in the face!
                      ALL my friends were like "wtf is this bs, this game sucks" and go back to counterstrike.

                      Comment


                        Fix breakable actors. Right now they are immune for some odd reason to rocket damage. Also in the breakable actor properties make all the damage types available.

                        Comment


                          Has it been confirmed that the Avril is even supposed to do double damage if you're moving towards the explosion? People keep talking about it on here but it would seem like a strange feature to add considering how every other weapon works. Couldn't it just be a case of double-reg just like we often have no-reg rockets and avrils?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                            Has it been confirmed that the Avril is even supposed to do double damage if you're moving towards the explosion? People keep talking about it on here but it would seem like a strange feature to add considering how every other weapon works. Couldn't it just be a case of double-reg just like we often have no-reg rockets and avrils?
                            You know what really annoys me, is when I am hit by the AvRIL in a scorpion, it always kills in one shot. But it's only supposed to do 200 damage... People have told me this only happens if you hit the booster, but that is not the case for me. It always happens, regardless of the angle it comes in at or if I am using the boost.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                              Has it been confirmed that the Avril is even supposed to do double damage if you're moving towards the explosion? People keep talking about it on here but it would seem like a strange feature to add considering how every other weapon works. Couldn't it just be a case of double-reg just like we often have no-reg rockets and avrils?
                              This has been discussed in multiple other threads. There is no mention of variable damage in the source code, and so it is almost certainly a bug.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                                This has been discussed in multiple other threads. There is no mention of variable damage in the source code, and so it is almost certainly a bug.
                                Have you noticed that sometimes you are killed, but the scorp is not 100% destroyed, but left with really low health? Other times a full health scorp gets destroyed like the program wrongly thinks the scorp is on turbo where it takes DD?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X