No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all Need a plugin to realign crosshairs by various lag time over the internet, this should of been done long time ago when playing over the internet became available. This is not that complicated to figure out and adapt to ping.

Comment

would be nice if this came as a seperate patch IE 2.1 and you had to update to 1.3 then this one, rather than downloading a 250MB patch weve already downloaded 3 times just my thoughts

Comment

Still having lag around teleporters and had to remove them all from my latest WAR map because they made it unplayable.
        It has to be an issue with the shader used & a separate option to use the fallback shader for teleporters may help those still having problems with this, myself included.

Comment

Stuff to include in 1.4 patch

*this guy
          <<--
          *new maps
          *new game types
          *new character types
          *an "Add server to favorites" button when on a server
          *the ability to assign the Tab key to anything alse (so far i haven't quite managed what Tab does but i know i can't assign it to anything, at least from in game)
          *an option to tweack the chat channel (no deaths displayed, a higher number of lines, increase font etc)
          *ability to turn off interactive music
          *ability to turn the music louder (from in-game)
          *ability to zoom out on vehicles
          *ability to turn off dodging in-game
          *a music player in-game

Comment

Give us the ability to run a crash-free game using OpenAL with an X-Fi sound card that has x-ram on-board. Please.

It's been a long time issue with no fix. Is this a problem that simply cannot be solved? That is all that I would like to know.

Comment

I think they want creative to fix the problem through de drivers, and creative want Epic to fix it through the game (or they just don't care about UT3).

edithegodfather : New maps / gametypes / characters would belong to a bonus pack more than a patch. Besides, I really don't think they should be a priority : Sure it's nice to have more maps and characters, but the community can make some new ones too, whereas only Epic can fix the engine itself.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRingHalo View Post
                Still having lag around teleporters and had to remove them all from my latest WAR map because they made it unplayable.
                It has to be an issue with the shader used & a separate option to use the fallback shader for teleporters may help those still having problems with this, myself included.
                +1
                Please fix this issue with choppy performance close to teleporters (look here)

Please give us 2 different chat-boxes; one for chat (maybe on the lower left), and another for death-messages.

Edit:
                Minor one: exchange ";" by ":" in chat please.

Comment

BUG
                  Some characters are not rendered properly in chat system:
                  they are rendered as "squares".

Note: i got french version but i've set UT3 to start with english version (utgame/config.ini->language->int)

Change Flag Respawn delay
                  when someone get the enemy flag and got killed, flag resets after about 20-25s. I think this is a little bit short. Several times i dropped flag butcouldn't take it back as flag is quickly reset ..

Comment

Turret range limit on WAR-Torlan?

The base turret on WAR-Torlan cannot reach the tank node area. It seems that this area is protected or out of range of the turret. The tank, however, can reach the base turret. Not very sporting as once the enemy have taken both the prime and tank node, it's pretty much over. The turret should be able to hit the whole area either to defend it or attack it.

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I hadn't got any willingness to read the whole topic, because I'm lazy:P and if this issue has already appeared here, sorry The issue I realy want to be fixed is described here in detail http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=587940

Comment

To Epic Games regarding some simple but important requests for Patch 1.4:

-Add an option to disable the remaining kill announcements in DM and other non-team based gametypes. Many people, myself included, will often be toe to toe with another player for the lead, and hearing the remaining kill announcements is agitating and causes us to stumble. I am by nature very competitive, but I do not like it at all, and I want to be able to play UT3 DM with no indication of my rank. I do not want to have to disable all the other announcements to get rid of them. As of now, not even setting the announcements to minimal gets rid of them. You have to disable them altogether.

-It would also be great to have an option to remove the scoring from the HUD in DM and non-team based games, but leave it enabled in team games such as TDM, WAR, CTF, VCTF, etc... This would be for the same reasons as the above request. I hate it in DM, but you are at a disadvantage in team games without it, and currently, the only way to enable/disable it is by going into the HUD settings. There is a SET command you can bind to enable/disable it, but it does not work online.

-The bug that causes you to be unable to use the backspace key in the endgame chat screen, which has been present since the debut of the demo, is extremely annoying. This is one of those minor, yet highly irritating bugs that only lends itself to paint an unpolished image of the game, and while I am no programmer, I can't imagine it would be hard to fix.

-When looking at realtime portals, such as the one in DM-Deck, a very strange thing happens. It feels like the FPS has been cut in half from what you normally get, but when you look at your framerate with the stat fps command, it is no lower than anywhere else in the map. I have no idea how this is caused, but it is very annoying when it suddenly feels like your FPS has been chopped in half when a portal comes into view. There have been a few reports that this only happens on ATI cards. I can't test the validity of that claim, as I only have an ATI card, but regardless, this issue really needs to be fixed.

-Seemingly specific to Windows Vista and ATI video cards (possibly only the R600 and its derivatives), when you minimize UT3, you are unable to maximize it again, and end up having to kill the process. This is extremely annoying, because I frequently minimize the game at the end of a match to check on other things. This never happened in Windows XP. When I am referring to XP and Vista here, I mean the 64-bit versions of both. I have no idea if this is still the case in the 32-bit version of Vista. I am able to hit Alt+Enter to put UT3 in windowed mode, and then I can safely go check on other things (but still not minimize UT3, just have it in the background) and return to UT3 and put it in fullscreen mode again with Alt+Enter. But this takes considerably more time than simply minimizing the game with the windows key.
                        Yup, I agree with these.

Comment

Another extra important bug that I forgot last time: Randomly taking 100% extra damage from Avril hits. It really shouldn't be possible to take out a Goliath in two shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                            Another extra important bug that I forgot last time: Randomly taking 100% extra damage from Avril hits. It really shouldn't be possible to take out a Goliath in two shots.
                            .... or a Scorpion with only one. Dunno, but sometimes I get blown away with only one AVRIL-hit, even though I have full 300 pts or health, and AFAIK an AVRIL causes only 200.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueScreenJunky View Post
                              I think they want creative to fix the problem through de drivers, and creative want Epic to fix it through the game (or they just don't care about UT3).

edithegodfather : New maps / gametypes / characters would belong to a bonus pack more than a patch. Besides, I really don't think they should be a priority : Sure it's nice to have more maps and characters, but the community can make some new ones too, whereas only Epic can fix the engine itself.
                              Yeah but most people are lazy when it comes to getting new stuff for a game, usually they play the game with what it has and sooner or later they get bored of it, and besides everything i got new for ut3 was absolutely rubbish, it felt totally out of ut3, people from epic are more qualified to make new content for ut3 than everyone else. More than that it would be more efficient to include the stuff that the community makes into patches because this way more people would get them.

Comment

The game needs to report player minutes played back to player profile databases like enemydown.

p.s. If the avril hits you head on, and you're going full pelt, your momentum adds to the damage you take from an avril, which is why you die from one shot. It's a feature, not a bug.

Comment

Working...
                                X