No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having "accounts" should make all your stuff personal such as settings,favorites, and history.
    So i just reinstalled my ut3 and i noticed all my favorites gone and history too(hope campaing is saved i beat it)
    Well the freinds list is the same but favorites and history should stay on your ut3 account

It was gone when i reinstalled my ut3

Comment

Limit client ping to a minimum of 80. In other worlds, if a player is very close to a server and gets a ping of say 30, he is now stuck at 80. Those who have over 80 would continue getting their same rate. I don't want to start a debate here but it would be usefull for this game that has so few populated servers. It would not be all that noticeable except to the knobs who think they were brilliant players before but would then only be so-so due to the increased fairness of ping leveling. I call it ping leveling because now that the server no longer has to respond so quickly to those with very fast ping it should end up actually decreasing the ping for the rest.

Hal

Comment

Originally posted by RemeberMe View Post
        Limit client ping to a minimum of 80. In other worlds, if a player is very close to a server and gets a ping of say 30, he is now stuck at 80. Those who have over 80 would continue getting their same rate. I don't want to start a debate here but it would be usefull for this game that has so few populated servers. It would not be all that noticeable except to the knobs who think they were brilliant players before but would then only be so-so due to the increased fairness of ping leveling. I call it ping leveling because now that the server no longer has to respond so quickly to those with very fast ping it should end up actually decreasing the ping for the rest.

Hal
        Yeah, make the game suck as much for everyone. I might also have a higher frame rate than you, you want to limit that as well?

Comment

Frame rate shouldn't be something that is controlled. However, it'd be nice if there was a way to stop people from being able to lower their graphical settings via ini files.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
            Frame rate shouldn't be something that is controlled. However, it'd be nice if there was a way to stop people from being able to lower their graphical settings via ini files.
            wth would you wanna do that?

Comment

Graphics are a personal choice. You can't let someone run at lower than lower settings because you aren't. If lower graphics help them play better then thas that, if you don't like that change yours to make it even.

Comment

Originally posted by chilau1 View Post
                Having "accounts" should make all your stuff personal such as settings,favorites, and history.
                I believe having accounts should be dropped totally from 1.4. (as is the cd key that I have to type every now and then... ) It should save everything on your harddisk or in a selectable User-file. Different people on one pc: no need to change settings for each one personally anymore!

Comment

Epic, please fix the v1.3 crosshair bug. It's extremely annoying.

Comment

Here's my updated request list:

1. Server option to shuffle teams on map change

Comment

1.3 fixed the bugs that prevented people from adding custom factions with new characters, but the Instant Action setup screen doesn't let you choose a custom faction for the opposing bots - it always just lists the built in ones. It would be good to fix this.

Comment

1st person view in vehicles?

Comment

I'd like an easy option to change to spectate status from playing, and the team balance thing is getting beyond a joke on pubs. Maybe displaying names with rank would show this up more.

Tbh I can't play with the higher graphical settings online the screen is just too busy with all the glare/bloom effects, I'm a 1,1 settings player and yes the game looks like.. 2k4! But I'd guess that is a price most are willing to pay to play competitively, sadly it yields a big advantage-it shouldn't tho!

Comment

I haven't gone through all 36 pages of stuff... but i'll list just a couple that i can think of right now dunno if any of it was mentioned cept the random teams stuff....

1) Having the ability to randomize teams in instant action or durring lan games when playing with bots. Gets tiresome to manually have to change all the bots every other map or so coz you see the same bots over and over.

2) Same kind of thing for random map lists. Unless you create your own map list, you cannot get a rotation of maps to play, i liked how in UT2k4 and below where, you could just start any kind of map, with no map list, and when the round has finished, it would go onto the next map automaticly, now, if you dont have a map list at all, it'll just keep on replaying that same map over and over. Would just make it quicker it get into games witout the hassel of creating a map list.

3) I noticed the game still wont remember any of your settings when you exit. Dont mean the player settings, but say in instant action games, the number of bots you set per match, what mutators you have loaded ect.... in previous UTs it would always remember what your last settings were, gets anoying having to reset these settings every time i restart the game.

4) In UT2k4, you could have the ability to keep an offline record of all your stats, it was in html format, this feature was always kool i thought, meant i could keep my website with my stats upto date.

5) Malcom character (sorry had to put that in)

6) fixing the music.... have them all just a single track instead of broken up into pieces you can hardly hear any of the music still...

Comment

hoverboard wider veiw?
                              Be able to zoom in/zoom out with the scroll key with the hoverboard

Comment

Improve Bot AI. Bots seem to always crash vehicles into obstacles no matter how wide my preferred vehicle paths are and bot flag carriers will also try to run through 'occupied' (blocked) vehicle spawn factories and get stuck instead of taking another path around.

Comment

Working...
                                X