No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like more options in the video settings. I am sick to death of the two slider bars and how uncustomisable the game is.

I know it is not hard to give us an advanced settings option with all the lighting, texturing and more, I believe not to have had these options from day one is pure laziness on the developers side.

I can see how the current slider bar is usefull for people who are not so good at tweaking for performance and looks but the more experienced of us can do it very well and would like to maximise performance and graphical looks whilst turning off effects that we barely even notice.

Comment

Fix the spiraling Manta glitch/bug. Which allows you to get a manta up nice and high.

Apparently been since 1.0 only noticed it since 1.3 tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger_NL View Post
        OMG - I thought I just sucked and that it was just me... But I've lost health this way a number of times. I did not know it was this obvious. Good explanation video btw... This happens also with the redeemer...

'+1' from me. This is a nice thing to fix for the next patch.
        the collision bug is present from 1.0, and simple to reproduce, im suprised that it hasn't been corrected yet.

the other problem, i hope this is what you refer to as bio bug, when you dont hit the opponent with it, but clientside it looks like you did, so there's invisible bio on the map (where it flew serverside).

this is like the buggy rocket/flak secondary/shockball bug: you seem to hit the enemy clientside, but you didnt. it's funny though, since this is present since ut2k4 (2k3 too i think), and was said by epic (in one of the old interviews iirc) that it will be corrected in ut3*, but it wasn't.

*the fact that it wasn't corrected in 2k4 was explained: it is in the core of the engine/netcode, so it will only be corrected in the next game. well, it wasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinnison View Post
          the portal-cuts-framerates issues happened to me to the other day. I have sapphire ati radeon x1950 pro 512mb agp.

In the normal "deck", i never noticed anything like this. But in deck-fps I did. Might be because the normal deck runs in lower fps and the game turns off some effects that would otherwise be there. One of those effects obviously was used on deck-fps and made my framerates wayyyy low. But it might not be just from the graphics, it could be something that taxes the cpu too much.
          No, it does not lower the framerate at all. The FPS stays the same, it just FEELS like it has been cut in half. It has something to do with the frames being rendered "out of phase", as when the portal is in view, you can see a realtime view of where it will take you, as well as the realtime environment the portal is in.

My guess is that portals were poorly coded in UE 3; other games have no issue with this exact thing. Portal, by Valve for example?

Comment

- Allow us to choose what bots are on what teams, like in the previous UT games.

- Allow instant action settings to stay instead of resetting after you leave, like in the previous UT games.

I can't understand why we don't have these things in the latest incarnation of the game. I thought game sequels aim to improve the experience! Especially since pre-release interviews hinted at treats for offline players (50% of the playerbase?). Instead, the offline experience got worse, to the point where I don't feel like playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
              Maybe eventually make it so PS3 and PC players can play on the same server?
              It would be great ...

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                It would be great ...
                Yes, great like an elephant **** :|

seriously, if u want play with console/gamepad owners just go to buy halo2, now on pc version the gold account it's free..

Comment

I still want a map vote option for "listen" servers. I used to run a dedicated and then start a second session on the same machine in the demo. Retail version does not allow that to happen. I can't believe a working map vote would be that difficult to do.
                  Saving settings would be good. Every time I start a server, I have to do all the settings again.
                  These things were not a problem in earlier versions. It's not like you have to break new ground. UT3 has pretty graphics, but, you took away all of the function of previous UT games. I can't believe a patch that gives it back would be that tough to do.

Comment

is it just me or does it freeze for 3-5 seconds in menus when game starts???

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
                      It freeze everywhere, not just in menus...
                      Also, audio stutters while loading a level in the single player campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRadeon View Post
                        Yes, great like an elephant **** :|

seriously, if u want play with console/gamepad owners just go to buy halo2, now on pc version the gold account it's free..
                        If you are against PC/PS3 cross-platform then feel free to not join any of the additional servers. This has got nothing to do with you.

Comment

Capture the Flag:

show compass to friendly flag carrier.

In VCTF you could see FC on minimap, but there is no minimap in CTF. Very frustrating, especially on public matches (whic i am playing mostly) trying to find your teammate FC.

Also, remember, not all people have microphones;

Option to disable flag model in first person view;

Small icon that you carrying flag (identical to Amplifier, berserker icons etc)
                          Yes, there is text that you carrying flag, but its hardly noticeable, when you concentrate at shooting enemy and not seeing text at upper side of monitor. Many people have encountered this probles: they just didnt knew they carrying flag;

Warfare/VCTF:

Option to set defauld map mode (rotating/fixed). So you dont have to press F3 every match start if you prefer fixed map;

Better way to select teleporters in WAR: its hard to select teleporter if they close to each other on a map;

Option for entering opponent in duel mode after leaving another, without restartin map.

Other:

Save game settings in Instant Actions;
                          Make font smaller in map/gametype selection;
                          Option to skip 'filter' in Multiplayer
                          (could be better to combine them, though..)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
                            Yeah, I've been getting that. Its quite irritating really.

Comment

Hi,

Just ONE thing:
                              Create server with L O W ping.
                              For now 95% of server have ping > 300

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                                No, it does not lower the framerate at all. The FPS stays the same, it just FEELS like it has been cut in half. It has something to do with the frames being rendered "out of phase", as when the portal is in view, you can see a realtime view of where it will take you, as well as the realtime environment the portal is in.

My guess is that portals were poorly coded in UE 3; other games have no issue with this exact thing. Portal, by Valve for example?
                                heres hoping for a setting to make portals not showing any real time info. bug fixed! well, kinda...

Comment

Working...
                                X