No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a bug where you don't see the sparks from the hammer emp unless you first fire the primary fire first, and this has to be done every time you switch to the hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
      Lock it with the orb? I believe you already do get points for that.
      Only if the node isn't at full health. What actually happens is the orb heals it, and healing it gives points.

Comment

-Add a program to show your character in Third person mode like in UT2004. (F4 was the button in UT2004) It was fun seeing yourself in mid-might taunt over your enemies body.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
          Maybe eventually make it so PS3 and PC players can play on the same server?
          Please, no console players with PC.

Comment

Originally posted by SKUNDERbau View Post
            who agrees with me that the person who locks up the node should get points, i think this should be added to the new patch, like for every minute he or she gets 1 point yes or no
            Already in the game. You get 1 point for every 10 seconds you lock the node.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter^ View Post
              -fixes to clientside demos / better availability to serverside demos
              /signed

A fast game like UT3 with beautiful graphics would make for some awesome vids. But the current state of clientside demos makes that difficult/impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                Maybe eventually make it so PS3 and PC players can play on the same server?
                WTF? Are u crazy?!? That will the ruin of the pc edition
                I don't wanna play with people whi are play with auto-aim.. Yes I know that it's aviable on pc version too with the gamepad... but those are only a paar of noob player.. I don't wanna a fuçking pseudo-aracade game -.- PC and console player must be remain separate! I don't wont a second game-for-windows live -.-'

Comment

I wish I could turn off voice chat completely serverside.

Comment

Why not officially add Splitscreen in the PC version? It's already possible via console so why not through a menu option or mutator? It'd also be nice if I can set the controls per player (or at least for all players).

For those unknown about it, http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=612559.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                      To Epic Games regarding some simple but important requests for Patch 1.4:

-Add an option to disable the remaining kill announcements in DM and other non-team based gametypes. Many people, myself included, will often be toe to toe with another player for the lead, and hearing the remaining kill announcements is agitating and causes us to stumble. I am by nature very competitive, but I do not like it at all, and I want to be able to play UT3 DM with no indication of my rank. I do not want to have to disable all the other announcements to get rid of them. As of now, not even setting the announcements to minimal gets rid of them. You have to disable them altogether.

-It would also be great to have an option to remove the scoring from the HUD in DM and non-team based games, but leave it enabled in team games such as TDM, WAR, CTF, VCTF, etc... This would be for the same reasons as the above request. I hate it in DM, but you are at a disadvantage in team games without it, and currently, the only way to enable/disable it is by going into the HUD settings. There is a SET command you can bind to enable/disable it, but it does not work online.

-The bug that causes you to be unable to use the backspace key in the endgame chat screen, which has been present since the debut of the demo, is extremely annoying. This is one of those minor, yet highly irritating bugs that only lends itself to paint an unpolished image of the game, and while I am no programmer, I can't imagine it would be hard to fix.

-When looking at realtime portals, such as the one in DM-Deck, a very strange thing happens. It feels like the FPS has been cut in half from what you normally get, but when you look at your framerate with the stat fps command, it is no lower than anywhere else in the map. I have no idea how this is caused, but it is very annoying when it suddenly feels like your FPS has been chopped in half when a portal comes into view. There have been a few reports that this only happens on ATI cards. I can't test the validity of that claim, as I only have an ATI card, but regardless, this issue really needs to be fixed.

-Seemingly specific to Windows Vista and ATI video cards (possibly only the R600 and its derivatives), when you minimize UT3, you are unable to maximize it again, and end up having to kill the process. This is extremely annoying, because I frequently minimize the game at the end of a match to check on other things. This never happened in Windows XP. When I am referring to XP and Vista here, I mean the 64-bit versions of both. I have no idea if this is still the case in the 32-bit version of Vista. I am able to hit Alt+Enter to put UT3 in windowed mode, and then I can safely go check on other things (but still not minimize UT3, just have it in the background) and return to UT3 and put it in fullscreen mode again with Alt+Enter. But this takes considerably more time than simply minimizing the game with the windows key.
                      Sorry for quoting myself for the second time, but I really want to make sure Epic knows of these. Yes, I am a selfish person. WarTourist, you should be aware of these I assume

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                        OMG - I thought I just sucked and that it was just me... But I've lost health this way a number of times. I did not know it was this obvious. Good explanation video btw... This happens also with the redeemer...

'+1' from me. This is a nice thing to fix for the next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                          -When looking at realtime portals, such as the one in DM-Deck, a very strange thing happens. It feels like the FPS has been cut in half from what you normally get, but when you look at your framerate with the stat fps command, it is no lower than anywhere else in the map. I have no idea how this is caused, but it is very annoying when it suddenly feels like your FPS has been chopped in half when a portal comes into view. There have been a few reports that this only happens on ATI cards. I can't test the validity of that claim, as I only have an ATI card, but regardless, this issue really needs to be fixed.
                          I have an nvidia card [8600GT] but also have this problem.

However, i am using vista and i CAN minimise the game and then maximise it without problems usually.

Comment

A little more input from me:

Yesterday, something strange happened. I was playing a match of Warfare, the first map was finished and the second started. This is where the trouble started: My HUD was "gone". What I mean is: Still visible was my actual Weapon, my Health and the points of the cores. Gone was my Weapon-bar, the HUD-clock and my settings were f00ked up. What I mean is: my crosshair was now bigger (I scaled it down a bit) and I got a lot of messages regarding the orb (orb dropped, orb destroyed.....), even though I disablede those messages.
                            Kill-messages were not centered anymore, they started on the left border.
                            Happened now the second time since I started playing UT3.
                            It was all ok the map before. So what could have caused that behaviour? If it is a bug, I request a fix.

€dit:
                            When joining a server, there is usually a reddish screen displayed while the map is loading (you know: that screen where you can read some hints about various firing-modes for example). I´d like to see that cancelling of the connection is possible by pressing F-whatever. In UT99 it was F10 I think (not sure about that).

In the server-browser, there is now the option to show either Mutators or Players. When showing players, there is a lot of space unused behind the player-names. Please add scores and Team.

Comment

Originally posted by zemm1 View Post
                              Please put REPLY button when one is watching message. +1 ^___^
                              agreed +1 (too short)

Comment

Originally posted by Calum View Post
                                I have an nvidia card [8600GT] but also have this problem.

However, i am using vista and i CAN minimise the game and then maximise it without problems usually.
                                the portal-cuts-framerates issues happened to me to the other day. I have sapphire ati radeon x1950 pro 512mb agp.

In the normal "deck", i never noticed anything like this. But in deck-fps I did. Might be because the normal deck runs in lower fps and the game turns off some effects that would otherwise be there. One of those effects obviously was used on deck-fps and made my framerates wayyyy low. But it might not be just from the graphics, it could be something that taxes the cpu too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X