UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put hoverboard tricks back in.

Yes I know you can still spin but I can no longer perform the spin and board lifting combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Alopex View Post
      - How about Letting offline players NAME their character.
      - Fix the bonus pack previews and player counts that were supposed to be fixed in 1.3.
      - Bring back Assault.
      - and once again, as I've 'requested' for the past two patches: Save. Offline. Maplist/Mutator. Settings. ffs.
      I second all of that.. thats whats most important for me.. but i dont care so much for my name..

Comment

This would be nice to see fixed. (From this thread.)

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
        Large projectiles (shock balls, AVRiLs, Redeemer, Bio secondary) switch to zero-width collision when they move and hit something to check if they should really explode. Rockets, flak grenades and chunks, link projectiles and all hit-scan shots have an infinitely small collision, while shock ball collision is about the same as their visual size. If it wasn't you wouldn't be able to hit a combo even if the ball wasn't moving.

I guess the bug here is that large projectiles don't switch to zero-width collision checks when they are spawned. Report it in the 1.4 patch wish list thread.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post

Yes I know you can still spin but I can no longer perform the spin and board lifting combination.
          You can, you just need to play on a server with patch 1.3. (you also need to have patch 1.3 installed).

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post

Huh? I've been grab-spinning left and right in a few test games yesterday. Guess I didn't know it was removed.

Comment

I think some killer ideas to change up UT3s gameplay would be the fallowing:

New Necris weapons: Why would an invadeing alien race from the far reaches of space not bring along their own fire arms? Epic kinda dropped the ball there. Sure they had power ups, but they chose to use our tech agenst us? The Krull angle I can understand (they are kinda mindless) But the Necris themselfs should have some of their own guns to play around with!

Epic take these ideas as you will:

All gametypes:

Particle rifle:

Primary fire: Pulse based Blue Particle beam (think starwarsish and you get the idea) Dose good damage and would be a perfect go between the rappid fire of the Link gun, and the hard hitting but slow fireing Shock Rifle.

Secondary fire: Hold down the trigger to charge up a vary nasty Blue particle Beam that looks and acts kinda like the shock rifles main fire mode, only if it hits an enemy they don't fall over dead they vaporised right where they stand. (IE no blood, or gibs just a burn mark where they were.)

Max ammo: 30

Ammo useage per secondary fire use: 10 IE that means if you use it you only get 3 shots (helps stop spamming)

CTF/VCTF only:

Hellfire:

Primary fire: Huge jet of red hot flame that sets players on fire (can be banked around corners but eats ammo vary fast) Note: Can be used to keep flag stealers away for a short time.

Secondary fire: Fireball style shot that explodes on contact and blankets a small area in red flames for about 10 seconds.

Max ammo: 100

Ammo used per secondary fire use: 50 (means you get only two shots this is also to stop spamming)

Death Match/Team Death Match only:

Spike Cannon:

Primary fire: Spike balls that latch onto walls and enemies. (explode and launch spikes that pounce 2 times before death)

Secondary fire: shoots a streem of bounceing spikes ala (Resistance Fall of Man if you will) That bounce 2 times before they break.

New turrets for WarFare mode for the Necris team:

Heat Ray turret:

Shoots a high power but slow fireing and short ranged Heat Ray (almost the same as the one on the DarkWalker) Note: Should shoot a bit slower then the DarkWalker so we have a chance to get past it. Maybe a 12 second fire delay between shots?

Necris Pulse turret:

Shoots the same kind of small pulse lasers that the DarkWalkers under side mounted turret dose. (they do a bit more damage though)

Comment

I think that 1.3 is having trouble listing players in a server. I have noticed that in mine (maybe I need to just reinstall the game) but it will list the players on the 1.3 servers if you do a normal filter search but for the servers added to your favorites it doesn't list the players if you choose your favorites and look on those servers that were added there. Once it did try to list the players and it was all messed up (the server said 2 people were in it but the player list showed like 30 ppl in the player box and none of which were in the server, this only happened once to me so far, the rest of the time, it doesn't list the players at all and the server is running 1.3). Am I the only one having this issue or is it a bug that has now started with 1.3 and needs to be fixed with 1.4?

Comment

The Shockball and bio bug
                  http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25487367

Comment

Please put REPLY button when one is watching message. +1 ^___^

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                      But 30+ gameservers still crash.
                      Epic Midway VCTF #3 gameserver just crashed while switching of map (current map was VCTF-SUspense,server was full-32 players). Would be nice if you check logs in order to see why big servers crash.

Comment

In Patch 3

a. STILL no reshullfling of teams like the other 3 uts
                        b. STILL doesnt save basic settings, not that there is that many settings any more, (eg mutators, bot skill)
                        c. You can view players in games now, but not who is on what team, so you cant tell if u r walking into a 1 sided nitemare. Bit of a half-a-job.

My guess is that this is the last patch.

Comment

Maybe eventually make it so PS3 and PC players can play on the same server?

Comment

who agrees with me that the person who locks up the node should get points, i think this should be added to the new patch, like for every minute he or she gets 1 point yes or no

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                              Maybe eventually make it so PS3 and PC players can play on the same server?
                              It would be sweet (not at 80% speed though), but I doubt they'll do it, plus there's still more important stuff like demoguy, default male voice, servers crashing...

Oh, and it'd be nice to be able to dodge on the hoverboard even if you dodged onto it (doesn't sound like a hard-to-fix one either).

Comment

Originally posted by SKUNDERbau View Post
                                who agrees with me that the person who locks up the node should get points, i think this should be added to the new patch, like for every minute he or she gets 1 point yes or no
                                Lock it with the orb? I believe you already do get points for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X