No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADD AVATAR feature - so that if one team speaking there will be shown his avatar, not the face of the model one's playing, but his OWN avatar.

Comment

I'd like to see an "Ignore Player"-Button to not getting spammed anymore by flaming players. It should mute the chat for me so that messages from the ignored player are not forwarded to me anymore.

Can we have the option to use Translocator in Warfare instead of Hoverboard?

Comment

Originally posted by vläd View Post
        2. Fix the crash when using Hardware OpenAL with a X-Fi sound card that has the 64mb XRAM
        OR....you could quit using Creative's **** sound cards and get one that actually works.

Comment

How about the ability to directly enter a server without the console in the UI.
          IP:
          Port:

Comment

Auto adjust bot skill

Bring back the auto-adjust bot skill from ut2k4 & UT99 for offline bot practice

Comment

Fix destroyed vehicles so you don't get stuck in invisible volumes long after the vehicle apparently vanished and should no longer be there.

Comment

server side option to turn on skin "distance glow" and/or team color (red) on DM free-for-all games.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGump View Post
                  Fix destroyed vehicles so you don't get stuck in invisible volumes long after the vehicle apparently vanished and should no longer be there.
                  OMG no kidding! This one needs to be fixed! It is so unbelievably annoying! If this one doesn't get fixed I'm gonna bang my head against the wall until I get taken away in a straight jacket.

Comment

PLEASE !!! FIX stutter, sluggish performance at high FPS, and overall input lag on x64 Vista !!! I'd be happy to provide logs and any data required to help pin it down.

Comment

I hate one thing, and one thing only. That accursed demo-guy. I'm tired of seeing hordes of him saying 'AW SMACK!' and 'F YEAH!' Any and all issues resulting in him need to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackinator View Post
                        I hate one thing, and one thing only. That accursed demo-guy. I'm tired of seeing hordes of him saying 'AW SMACK!' and 'F YEAH!' Any and all issues resulting in him need to be fixed.
                        There can only be a limited number of different player models on a server. If there are more, the last ones that joined will become demo guys instead. So most of the demo guy sightings are actually due to an intentional feature!

Seems like a stupid limitation, but that's what I heard. Don't take my word for it.

Comment

- Option for random bots (i.e. random bots of the specified number from the bot list).

- Bot pathing issue where they underestimate distances and end up standing just beside target point. Also leads to them being unable to correctly jump over walls out of holes etc.

- Time delay after game before loading next map. If you are in-game and hit fire at the end of a game it goes straight to loading the next map. However, if you hit escape at the end of a game there is no way to go back in-game to skip to loading the next map and you're stuck with a frustratingly long wait (>10 seconds?) before the game will load the next map.

- Domination map change issue. The Domination creators claim this is an UT3 issue: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...&postcount=130

- Team colour issues in online play. I've been in numerous games where some players have the wrong colour for what team they are on or appear to have the wrong colour to particular players.

- Slow menu sytem with no memory. Memory as in it doesn't remember settings such as bot skill and mutator selection. Also changing and re-ordering map/bot lists is terribly awkward.

- Vista/Nvidia crashes. I don't know if Epic or Nvidia need to fix this but one of them needs to asap. I have a Vista laptop with a Nvidia 8600GT M. UT3 crashes the video driver after ~30 minutes play and continues to after. This has been an issue since the time of the UT3 demo! I have updated the driver twice since then with no change. I would like an official fix from either Epic or Nvidia as being a Dell laptop I can only install Dell approved graphics drivers.

They're the most troubling issues from my point of view.

Comment

Fix client hash reporting. So that everythime a users joins their hash is reported. Think we found that UT3 itself 1.0 never reported hashes, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 do report it but it's not reliable. Therefore people banned on hashes can get through because it isn't caught.

Comment

Here are the things I've noticed. I have actually set aside pen and paper just to note down bugs I see during the game and report them here.

-As everyone has asked, fix the demoguy bug. We ALL hate it. Just make the game slow down a littttle bit and let it load our skin. we dont want to look like something we hate. I think I saw a custom map somehwere and that his creator said there is no demoguy bug on this map.. not sure, you must look into it.

-Fix the issue where there are different players appearing when you hold F1 and when you press ESC. We end up not knowing if our teams are balanced. Also along with this fix it would be convenient to include player counts on the F1 screen too (like they appear on esc chat box)

-Make the esc chat box hold more messages. I have often not had the time to read a chat mesg ingame and press esc for chat box only to see deathmessages that have taken over the chat box. And i cant scroll to the previous ones either.

-Death messages are fine, but also include the option to make them dissapear. not everyone wants them! if there is such an option, sory, ignore this part.

-Suspence roof bug. First of all I dont know if camping onto this roof is considered some kind of exploit/glitch:

but the bug lies in this: when you move to the edge of this roof someone on the sniper rower can have a clear shot at you and you at them. But somehow, some weapons hit an invisible wall. The sniper is one. Here is me trying to snipe someone from the edge of that roof, but the bullet hits the invisible wall.

Interestingly, some other weapons fire like rockets or stinger pass through the same exact spot with no problem.

A similar issue must exist on the rocks near the goliath spawn point of suspence. Just above some rocks is an invisible wall. Trying to shoot through that with the goliath cannon somehow cause your shots to fire higher than you are aiming almost as if they are trying to avoid hitting the invisible wall. I havent checked if other weapons pass through it.

-There seem to be some taunts in the game that appear very rarely and probably only during the campaign (not sure, I havent played it almost at all).Like the amazing female taunt "I dont want that **** in my hair!" that should play when you kill someone very close to you. These taunts dont seem to be available. Please make all "hidden" taunts available for regular use. Also some people have metioned that there are some vids of the game pre-realease with different better taunts. Those should be made available. The existing ones are somewhat subpar. Like "you'll feel the effect of that one in a minute". Someone please explain to me what the heck that means. I dont get it.

-Although its possible to change weapons priority, it seems like you cant change the impact hammers priority to put it above enforcers! Why is that? Even some custom weapons appear on that list. Changing this priority is especially important because in maps where you get spawnkilled by mantas the only effective counter is impact hammer secondary. Without having it alrady on your hands upon spawn you are dead meat because of long time needed to swap weapons.

-Another suspence-related bug, although not of the map probably. I am playing usaully on a server called "multiplay" ( i think) its in europe, it keeps cycling vctf suspence only and takes 18 players max. All is well with the server but every now and then, when a new match starts, you get stuck on the screen that says "press fire to start", not being able to move he camera with direction keys but able to look around with mouse. clicking doesnt put you ingame even though the others are playing normaly. Only way to escape the bug is disconnect and join again. Thats a problem when you need 2 minutes to load the map like me ;/

I hope these will be addressed.

Comment

Make the Goliath able to crush smaller vehicles like the Scorpion.
                                I saw in the Xbox UT trailer that a Goliath drove on a barricade and crush a Scorpion near it. I tried to crush a Scorp and a Manta with my Goliath (both without pilot) and my tank had absolutely no impact on the vehicles, although they were also under the tank.

In addition to that the crush ability of the Leviathan should be improved. I crushed a tank ones with my Levi and the wrack stayed there blocking my Levi. IMO the Leviathan should be able to drive above it.

Comment

Working...
                                X