UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
    What Epic should do is give us the ability to set a default character which replaces all the demo guys. It will make the problem less significant.

No, the one that will make it MUCH less significant is showing the opposite team names when you point at them like in UT2004.

Comment

b. Ability to see players / teams in the server listings
      Already implemented in Patch 1.3

Comment

Originally posted by Cobi^^ View Post
        Well, back in the old days of UT99, there was a mutator (can't remember the name right now) that allowed all players on the server to vote for other players to be kicked. As soon as the votes reached >50% for one specific player, this was booted. There was nothing to complain about.
        I wasn't talking about a single !kick <Player-Name> and the player flies off the server.

As far as I know we HAVE such camps. They are called prisons.
        /sarcasm
        eg. a room full of freinds, one whom does not like thea will say to his freinds, quote: this is the t*** that kicked my azz and blah blah blah, so then what happens is discrimination and it then becomes unfair rulling, why do you think they dont have it now ???

Comment

it could work good when the percentage is set to a high number

Comment

more annoucements sounds (holy ****, ludicrous kill etc). more character models, more maps and game modes.

Comment

Disable the ability to turn off bobbing, landshake and that effect when you get hit online.

Also enable the ability to turn off mouse acceleration in the UI

Gives too much of an advantage over new players who don't know about those configs.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                Sure, but our theory is that the people you saw as default characters:

1) Joined after you did, which means rather than lockup your client while you load the character model, we show the default character.

or

2) Exceeded 12 players on that server, meaning the max custom characters allowed was exceeded, resulting in those overflow players being the default character.

Both of those are expected behavior.
                12 Custom is the limit? I always wondered why my custom char kept showing up as some default nobody.

As far as adding stuff into the game, definitely more reward sounds.

And the ability to add custom announcers. This is holding back a lot of mod makers from making custom games with their own announcements. (Like integrating Bombing Run and Domination. The current Bombing run is using "Player has the Orb" sound for the ball because they have no way to integrate custom announcer packs.)

Comment

Originally posted by Inverse View Post
                  12 Custom is the limit? I always wondered why my custom char kept showing up as some default nobody.
                  12 is the default, but it's a variable that is configurable by the server admin.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                    Disable the ability to turn off bobbing, landshake and that effect when you get hit online.

Also enable the ability to turn off mouse acceleration in the UI

Gives too much of an advantage over new players who don't know about those configs.
                    I really wouldn't like to see that settings disabled. It would be better if bobbing, landshake and mouse acc would be customizable from ingame.

Comment

fix the staticky mic sounds and turn the minto a clear voice, all i hear is mumbling and a word breaking in and out every now and then, im sure i sound the same to everone else, and a mic icon when pushing the talk button

Comment

Originally posted by FioPro View Post
                        I really wouldn't like to see that settings disabled. It would be better if bobbing, landshake and mouse acc would be customizable from ingame.
                        I would just like to see it for Online play, because taking it away would basically dumb down the game, but keeping it is basically giving "pro" players a small but noticable advantange. Anyways it's a minor flaw, only realise it when you play the game too much...

For offline i think It's fine, although with mouse accelaration I just wanna see it disabled...Could take a few months to get use to it, but without it takes a few minutes...
                        Mouse accelaration for Newbs = bad idea.
                        This is a major flaw. Major, major handicap, but most importantly easily fixable so not much of an excuse not to add an option to disable it. It's been requested a few times already...

Comment

It would be better if it was all turned off for everyone online, rather than on. Cause it only gets in your way, no use of it. And I would be furstrated of not having my own setting online. So, let the players choose that setting we're talking about ingame. That way there can be no excusses like "newbies don't know about inis".

Comment

Allow us to individually alter each bot's abilities, such as awareness, accuracy and reaction times. Even if it is only via an ini file.

Comment

it is already editable in the ini files, UTCustomChar.ini

stuff like AIData=(Accuracy=0.4,StrafingAbility=1.0,Tactics=1 .0,Jumpiness=0.25,FavoriteWeapon="UTGame.UTWeap_St inger"))

Comment

Oh. Fair enough, I knew you could adjust their getup, and their names if wanted. Didn't know their was any ai config in there... Now I do I guess.

Okay I'll modify my request to be instead to add in some more customizable settings then. Not just accuracy, but awareness and reaction time too. That'll work.

Edit: And the reason why I didn't see any ai data is because I glanced over a set of config lines for bots that don't have any ai data in there... Added to which looking at it some bots have ai configurations that other bots don't, so awareness and reaction time probably already are configurable, I dunno. If not then yea, add them please. Learn something new everyday I guess...

Comment

Working...
                                X