UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plugh View Post
    9. Abililty to spectate in Instant Action, essential for us mappers to check botpathing.
    This can be done in the editor

Comment

Originally posted by mjordan View Post
      I don't know if this has already been requested. But what about fixing the audio stuttering problem while loading levels in the single player campaign?
      this is probably to do with specs.

I'd like the translocator not to kill momentum. Shock cores not exploding in my face when near blocking volumes. More momentum to self on the bio rifle to do some jumps AND THE RAMP DODGE THING LIKE IN 2K4 (HEARD ITS POSSIBLE IN UT99 TOO) DM-RANKIN id a good map for it in 2k4 to help clear up what I mean, serious this is a must and the translocator thing, may seem like little things but it's vital to gameplay!! and I personally would like the sniper rifle to react better when i fire online so it actually hits where ive aimed when ive clicked and not fire after.

I agree with UTareanaming volume to have an effect in game to when doing team chats and also the %L function in chats for location. %h for health, and %w for weapon like in UT2004

Editor

When using the rotational widget on "local" the of the widgets move to show you how/where its rotating and if its rotated, i would like this on "world" also.

Also a marker, so you can mark out like a cube or a shape on the viewports (including lit mode/visual mode) so i can mark around a mesh, so when I hide the meshes I could still see where it his from the markers, reason for this is for when I want to do blocking volumes and other things

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
        Sounds like a promising lead. Our team colors are definitely separate textures, so that could explain why other people see the default character, but your client should still see it correctly.

Will investigate. Thanks!
        Another thing to do is join a war fare or vctf as spectator and then join the round. hop onto hoverboard and u shud see urself as the demoguy.

Comment

+1 team randomization
          +1 ut2004 detailed stats weapon percentage and stats, awards, deaths-kills-suicides etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
            Another thing to do is join a war fare or vctf as spectator and then join the round. hop onto hoverboard and u shud see urself as the demoguy.
            He already explained why this is. Every server has a setting of maximum different skins. Which by default is 12. If the serveradmin doesn't change this at all every player that joined later than the first 12 players in a server won't get his skin.

What Epic should do is give us the ability to set a default character which replaces all the demo guys. It will make the problem less significant.

Comment

Originally posted by SKUNDERbau View Post
              It is a good thing but not, to wheld such power is evil, put into the wrong hand, this power can make people drunk with hate and lust for more power, it is not for us to make that call.
              Well, back in the old days of UT99, there was a mutator (can't remember the name right now) that allowed all players on the server to vote for other players to be kicked. As soon as the votes reached >50% for one specific player, this was booted. There was nothing to complain about.
              I wasn't talking about a single !kick <Player-Name> and the player flies off the server.

i mean if this waz the case why dont we just have camps for anouying people.
              As far as I know we HAVE such camps. They are called prisons.
              /sarcasm

Comment

UT 3 has so much potential, as for the many requests which are very good I would like to add:
                1. a In game spectate button or the ability to do so.
                2. Either Voice commands or Set key control commands for Friendly Bots.
                3. Shuffle Teams Better
                More will follow, Thanks Epic

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                  this is probably to do with specs.
                  No, it has nothing to do with specs if audio stutters while loading levels on a Travelstar 7K200 ... Many people complained on this problem.

Comment

so far i haven't seen a computer that did NOT stutter while loading maps

Comment

-An option to search for 'All' servers; not just specific gamemodes only.
                      -The ability to use both the 'Speed Freak' mutator and the 'Kill Slow Time' mutator at the same time.

Comment

I don't know if someone has stressed the folowing issue so far, but...

Epic, check out this bug on dm-deck - http://www.xfire.com/video/ba89/

Comment

One issue I saw thats kinda minor is that spectators get slowed down by the slow volumes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by evilmrfrank View Post
                            One issue I saw thats kinda minor is that spectators get slowed down by the slow volumes as well.
                            Yup. Also, people being in the slow volume 'drain' the volume. It goes away faster. Thing is, it also gets drained by spectators

Comment

Also, I'd like to see a better icon. The default Unreal Tournament III icon is horrible. What about changing it with a translucent, more modern one? I know, there are many icons, but I'd like a new official one

Comment

Originally posted by recoiledsnake View Post
                                Shuffle teams at end of the round like UT2k4
                                a. Possibly the most important of all.

b. Ability to see players / teams in the server listings

Comment

Working...
                                X