UT3 Patch 1.4 Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I would like to see some fixes for the recording of demos. I seem to have the following problems with recording demos on version 1.2

1.) Demos do not start recording at the beginning of a match. This seemed to work on version 1.1 so it makes me think that the first packet of information from server isn't being sent to demo recording properly. Could it be related to a map being compiled with version 1.2 of the editor?

2.) Some weapons do not properly play their sound files correctly for player and/or bots.

3.) when someone uses the scope on the sniper rifle, this isn't properly displayed on recordings.

4.) Mid air end game taunts. This looks pretty fun when the game ends just as the winning bot jumps in the air. The bot hangs in the air and starts it's taunting sequence.

5.) I would love to have a re-name demo feature added to the user interface.

I hope this info is helpful to you guys. Looking forward to patch 1.3 and more bonus content.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
      You guys do realize that "fix it so noobs can't screw up our warfare games" is WAY beyond the scope of a patch, right?

Warfare is a complex gametype to outsiders. I'm a VCTF veteran, and I barely understand it. I still don't get some of the special nodes or what they do.

They might be able to do something with the voice commands, to make them more clear, but that's probably about it.
      Here is a basic explanation of "unlinked" nodes. They are all either the "countdown" type, if you control the node for 60 seconds and it causes 15-20 points of core damage to the other team. example, floodgate node in floodgate, mine node in powersurge, infection node in infected forest, and others. Or, they are "XMASS" nodes that get you something the other team will not have, ie a levi, single extra or multiple extra vehicles, maybe an orb spawn closer to the enemy prime node. They are always up for grabs. It's not always smart to attack them, but sometime it's very critical to attack them, all depending on the situation.

Comment

-Currently if you try to spectate a player that is in a 2nd seat of a vehicle the view goes to the free roam spectate. So being able to spectate in a 2nd seat would be nice.

-Be able to behindview players in vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Die View Post
          -Currently if you try to spectate a player that is in a 2nd seat of a vehicle the view goes to the free roam spectate. So being able to spectate in a 2nd seat would be nice.

yes thanxs for sharing that with us ladydie, very very usful information, we should make it number one primary issue and to add to it spectating the admin would be nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Die View Post

I agree, really annoying when you're in spec and suddenly you're floating around outside the map.

Comment

ANy idea when UT3 patch 1.3 will be released?
              UT3 patch 1.2 was released in february (5 months ago ) so i imagine patch 1.4 will be released in 2009 ... or 2010 ... so what is the point of this thread since 1.3 final patch is not even released ?(note: moderators will probably delete this message since they don't like this kind of message ...)

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                ANy idea when UT3 patch 1.3 will be released?
                the 4th beta patch was released today or yesterday so the final patch will be very soon

Comment

1. Add more vCTF maps
                  2. Client-side demo
                  3. Fix demo player (no FF, FFx2, RW, RWx2, Pause)
                  4. Weapon charge indicator for hellbender
                  5. Sometimes avrils don't fire for a few seconds after weapon switch
                  6. Make mantas and viper vehicles louder

Comment

I think we need more normal CTF maps, but this is not part of a patch, this belongs to a bonus pack

Comment

To beat the demo guy dead horse to death and add another mention of MapMixer:

1) Just add a check box to allow the option of preloading models before a match. MapMixer preloads models before a match and it is TOTALLY non-intrusive and works awesome!

2) I would also like to have the option to preload models DURING a match. You could pop-up a small overlay saying "so and so joined, preloading model" this way people playing understand why they are getting a small hitch. Before the competitive types freak out, the keyword in 2) is "option".

Or, just pay sinx and sit back and enjoy and watch him fix your game with MapMixer .

Comment

Originally posted by [TN]ultrajounin View Post
                        The only thing I've really wanted since pre-patch 1 is the ability to bind commands to keys - Speech Binder. It doesn't make sense that this has been taken away since all the other UTs had it, plus its a key team play function (especially ifyou can use mic & headset) and the bots are able to use them, why not us?!?!

(In case anyone doesnt know what I'm talking about)
                        I'd like be able to bind the command (or taunt or order) like "Cover me" or "I need back up" or "take their flag" to a key.

See my sig
                        I can barely muster up the strength to add another request for a speech binder since my long running thread basically had no effect. Very depressing. We will be coming around on a year with no speech binder.

When playing the other night with friends, one of my friends said, "I almost feel like they are taking advantage of our loyalty by not putting some basic features at launch". This sums it up basically. I'm the type of Unreal fan that bought 3 copies of the first Unreal at launch and gave away two copies to friends, knowing it was going to be a groundbreaking game. I'm not going away any time soon but my frustration level is very high to say the least.

Comment

Picking up your own weapon/amp after you have died still crashes the game, this is really annoying bug and needs to be fixed.

Comment

Two more bugs:

1. When you join a game from spectating, your team color does not show. (and it does not get fixed on map change).

2. The player models in the rocket turret float above it and hold onto nothing.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7106/rocketbugye7.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Comment

I'd like patch 1.4 to reintroduce the old style chain link gun linking, by a few graphical changes - for example, it'd certainly help on tankcrossing It sorta happens already but the visual clues aren't as clear as 2k4 and neither are the limitations to it.

Also a better visual clue that you've picked up an orb-sure it's moving on the minimap, plus you've the audio statement, but often you are in an intense situation fighting over a dropped orb, only to make a last ditch jump for the node to then realise you didn't pick it up.

Comment

I don't know if this has already been requested. But what about fixing the audio stuttering problem while loading levels in the single player campaign?

Comment

Working...
                                X