UT3 praise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 praise

You guys at Epic have done it again, created another kick *** experience on a grand scale. I for one have played all the UT's to death and really appreciate this series and it's Old School nature.

No other game that's out or is coming out grabs hold of it's roots and grabs tightly to them an refuses to let go. Other games of this genre have long since faded away or have tried to "evolve" into something else whether it be a tactical shooter or what not, While UT has kept building on the series and all the while perfecting on itself over and over again in new releases and patches.

I understand your last stab at a Unreal console game was looked at as a commercial failure(UC2) but those that played it loved it, which is easily seen by loading it up and seeing people still playing it online, very few XBOX titles can say the same thing.

No other game the 360 plays like this, every other title is tactical and while that is fun, this is and always has been more fun for me and I am always really excited when I hear news on UT. And with this all said, I really hope that UT3 (At least on the 360) Isn't abandoned by you guys up at Epic any time soon, we really would like a Lobby and some more maps.

Your loyal customer right down the road in Garner NC, (Here comes the flames)
    Keltic Rage

Edit: Just read another post complaining about lack of campaign. I find this argument puzzling, and I would ask him to name another game that has a fleshed out campaign along side 55 multiplayer maps(xbox 360)?? You can't have both, you can have a single player game, but the maps will be shortened greatly, please don't do this!! If you do create another series for it.

Edit:Forgot, you already did create another series, it was called Unreal.

No flames from me. I think Epic did a great job with the gamplay of UT3 on the PC and Im sure the rest feel good too.

Congrads Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Keltic Rage View Post

Edit:Forgot, you already did create another series, it was called Unreal.
      Arent you forgetting another little something called, Gears Of War!

Anyway no flames from me either, UT3 FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by AdZ View Post
        Arent you forgetting another little something called, Gears Of War!

Anyway no flames from me either, UT3 FTW!
        I think that's what he meant. I think all the negativity in the forums can be contagious, so thanks for this thread. My only complaing that isn't simply negative contaigion is with the leaderboards. I kinda wish they didn't have them so they didn't tempt me. But ya, i love the game, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new alt fire for the minigun (it was always my favorite weapon, and now it's even better)

Comment

Couldn't agree more. I have Unreal Tournament 3 for the Xbox 360 and I think it's possibly the best game I've ever played.

A big well done to everyone who worked on this game....

Comment

Originally posted by Leviner7 View Post
            I think that's what he meant. I think all the negativity in the forums can be contagious, so thanks for this thread. My only complaing that isn't simply negative contaigion is with the leaderboards. I kinda wish they didn't have them so they didn't tempt me. But ya, i love the game, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new alt fire for the minigun (it was always my favorite weapon, and now it's even better)
            **** it, I meant Unreal Championship.

To the poster saying it will die down. I will ask you to log onto Unreal Championship 1 or 2 on the Xbox. You can still get a ranked game going and the second one sold terribly.

Comment

I have to say (again) I am very impressed with how well it plays on the 360. My wife and I play together, or against each other, split screen. We have fun, what more could you want?

Comment

Great Game Epic!
                I been with you guys since unreal 98 and I must say THIS version of UT is your
                best regardless if its the best selling or not and I would only hope you would
                support it for years to come(or till the next UT)

MAD LOVE 4 YAZ

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just wanted to drop in and say that ALL my regular XBL friends have now drank the Kool-Aid and picked up UT3, all 12 of them. It's a pretty tight nit group so it was important that we all have it. So now every time I log on we can easily get a pick up game of UT3 with eight on our team. We'll play CTF or TD(Two of the newer guys haven't figured out Warzone just yet) against bots or jump into a player match. UT3 has become a welcomed adition to game night and by giving us some old school you've given us something unique.

Thanks Epic, you rock.

Comment

Working...
                  X