Really Noobish Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Noobish Moments

Just a few minutes ago, in Suspense, I was on the red team and I was just playing as usual. I ran down to where the redeemer spawn point, to check if it had spawned, and to my delight it had! So I ran over to it.

But no, someone from the blue team jumped from the water and grabbed it first! He ran around with it and didnt attack me, which was strange, so it seemed he was gonna try and shoot it at me before I killed him.

So I started raining flak shells on him like there was no tomorrow, while he jumped about in a rather confused way. I thought he was heading towards the manta, so I was quick to blow it up before he reached it. But still, he just kept jumping around.

Then, another guy from the blue team arrived! I started shooting at him too, but then realised neither of them were shooting back... Briefly glancing at the chat, I saw a '??????' - obviously from the guy I was shooting. Turned out I was actually on the blue team and those guys were my own teammates, and I just shot the manta they were gonna take the redeemer with.

I felt so ashamed of myself I left the game immediately!

So my question is, any experiences similar to mine? What are your really noobish moments? That make you feel like you've never even touched an FPS, or like you have no idea what you're doing when you're really average or above.

So why did you left? Just say "OMG lol" and get over with it?
    My most noobish moment was when I kept ranning over the entire enemy team with a manta in the Beta versions of UT3, or when I scored entire matches in VCTF-Sandstrom by using the side path using the jump boots.

Comment

My worst moments usually involve me killing myself in the most embarrassing ways. Like dropping some goo on the RL in Shangri La, then going to grab it like an idiot. I'm also great at snuffing myself with my own shock.

If I left a game every time I did something stupid I'd always be leaving.

Comment

**** Flak. I hope you don't have anti-Raccoon traps on your lawn, it may get serious.

Comment

noobish, noobish, i'm on my way to suicide master. and i still shoot teamates at random.thank god for no teamkill. but i still suicide. at least 10 percent of those would involve teammates. o yeah and totally wasted redeemer shots. i could probably save the match, but i'm trying to do loops or something. i still back myself into corners...drive off in a vehicle to die in 23v seconds, that's me... i grapple raptors to see how messed up i can get...now i'm hover board trickjumping in public...do noobs heal vehicles at random?...i still do that...just fly around suspense as long as i can in a manta...
          there's enough stuff for me to do when i play, bots or humans, that i'm constanly entertained... awesome!
          nice game.
          more posts here please... it's new all over.
          know what i mean?

Comment

I had a noobish moment the other day, one of many anyway I was in sandstorm, and someone took the flag, So I started loading up rockets I was standing near where the viper spawns, well someone killed flag carrier so I put the rockets as grenades and shot them off, then I noticed the viper spawn, I was like sweet flag run time. So I jump in and start off towards boots, but guess what there were my grenades just bouncing on the ground getting ready to blow up right under my viper. Boom they blow up and kill myself. I was like man I'm so F'in Dumb but **** happens

Comment

This thread brings up a very important point for everyone to take home:

the best thing to do when your own team mate is confused and shooting at you, is to go stand right in their face calmly. Just let them shoot you for a second. They'll figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
                the best thing to do when your own team mate is confused and shooting at you, is to go stand right in their face calmly. Just let them shoot you for a second. They'll figure it out.
                and then some one comes and kills me and my teammate. i'm a frag magnet.

Comment

I killed myself with the Enforcer once...well, not really, but if that did happen it would probably be #1 on my list.

I've been known to shoot projectiles at a vehicle and than have that vehicle a) blow up and crush me or b) knock into another vehicle that ends up crushing me.

As a side note, playing on one team too much really can mess you up...after a long session of playing on red, I got switched to blue and spent a few seconds trying to shoot down a swarm of blue guys.

Comment

How many times have you guys made it all the way back to your base with the enemy flag, laughing at how easy it was to get by everyone only to find out that you didn't have the flag in the first place?

Me: countless times.

Comment

I'm pretty good at n00bish moments.

Once there was this pretty competitive team deathmatch where we had 49 frags and the other team 48 and right in front of me spawns a red guy and I had the rocket launcher. I thought "great! we win!" and I aimed at the red one, but that guy strafed around yet I still fired a rocket, but didn't realize there was a teammate running besides me and fired the rocket right into him, killing us both! Of course the other team won. That was embarrassing...

Also killed our own flag carrier once...

Oh and I'm also quite good at suiciding. Stepping into my own biosludge, getting nailed by my own flak shells bouncing from walls and particularly shooting rockets at walls or mostly pillars. I strafe around, aim at this guy and fire, but I strafe right in front of a pillar and of course I always then release the trigger. Boom!

Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
                      How many times have you guys made it all the way back to your base with the enemy flag, laughing at how easy it was to get by everyone only to find out that you didn't have the flag in the first place?

Me: countless times.
                      good one

Comment

Hm... Ah! Running around not knowing your equipped with jump boots, loading up three rockets to kill a bunch of enemies for are clearly firing at ya, double tapp the jump button at off you go, into the roof, firing the rockets into a wall that so happens to be right in front of ya turning you into a small pile of goo :P

Other than that (it does happen quite often o.O) i guess im quite good att chargeing my own team on maps like suspence with vehicles or redeemers :P

Comment

I always seem to kill myself when im on a killing spree ie - AdZ767 ended his own killing spree!.. which is embarrassing if you were doing really well, i tend to get abit carried away tho.
                          In the past i used to kill myself alot with my own bio goo, flak shells, rockets and shock balls just going a bit too mad .. Nowadays i usally only end up killing myself playing teams games, like when someone on my team jumps in front of me as im just about to shoot someone on the other team!

Comment

my most noobish deathmatch ever:
                            41 frag limit
                            i had way more than 41 kills, and about 40 deaths

but..

half my deaths were suicides

i was at the bottom of the scoreboard

Comment

Go to do a wall dodge whilst loading rockets up. But you only have one or two and not three and it decides to release it right next to the wall, killing you

Comment

Working...
                              X