Unreal Tournament 3 * PS3 or 360 ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have gotten so used to the PS3 controls that the controller is no longer the sticking point for me. And the PS3 controls just as well as the 360 version so it really comes down to wanting split screen and exclusive content (which there is no guarantee will ever be on the other platforms) and if you do prefer the 360 controller I suppose. Other than that the games are identical. I happen to play Instant Action only so for me Mods are a must to keep the game fresh. But if I was more of an Online player I would recommend the 360 version as the XBL is larger and more into playing shooters.

Edit: Oh yeah another important thing for many gamers is the ability to use the keyboard and mouse for FPS and that is another edge that the PS3 version has over the 360 version. But again most 360 users have gotten so used to using a controller its just as natural for them so I imagine this may not be as large of a factor as many may think.

Another thing I just noticed is that because of the new Liandri model Nova the bots opponents Torque and Evolution who are now playable characters on the 360 version look different. The 360 version incorporates some of Nova's body parts into them. I am not sure if the same is true of Kana the Ronin female. I just cannot tell from the pic or when I play against her and I haven't played as her.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    True I can do this myself. Hell I have been since nintendo days when playing super tecmo bowl and seeing how many goals I can score in a game. Or Double dribble to see how many of those lame dunk poses I can do in one game. Also real world experience. I can back flip of the overhang above my front door. But I am not going to do it anymore, unless some wants to see me do it. The point is that I am a little more inspired to do something someone else wants me to do as long as it is feasible and reasoning. Same with achievements but with creativity.

I do agree that it seems cheezy. But sometimes I feel good after getting a 3 head shot with one bullet achievement. This leaves memory in my head. Yeah I don't need the ACHIEVEMENT unlocked to come up, but boy do I feel even more excited when it does.

Floating off topic though. I like the ps3 version .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Trepænima View Post
    Control schemes are not up to the criticism mere opinion. It's a fact that keyboard/mouse is the superior scheme in FPS. If he had said he prefers a controller, and the xbox controller is better than ps3, that's almost excusable, but neither one offer the superior scheme.
    Yes, but this argument is only a valid one until more innovative controlling possibilities appear.

I'm thinking either a bit in the wiimote direction, but with a different concept. Like, a device that you hold in your hand with which you can change viewpoint fast (controller is hella slow in changing viewpoint in for example turning 180 degrees) yet accurate. Or eye movement viewpoint adjustment - the game uses your eyeball movement as mouselook-like input ... which is one step more to actually feeling like being there. and it's not that hard to realize - these devices exist already, only not as gaming controllers...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    um, the keyboard and mouse is optional on the pc and ps3 - hell you can use a 360 controller or a ps3 controller or any other controller on the pc version.
    also you can do all the "60$ worth" of gaming without having something tell you that you did it.
    its up to you to decide if you've gotten enough out of the game or if theres more to be done

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But realistically I took at as his thoughts. If he thinks it is superior, who is to judge him. It will never be mad law what is superior for everyone to abide by.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think that the Xbox version is good, but it's probably because im used to the xbox controls better than the PS3
    The PC version is good, however i have a laptop and it would not even think about running UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SythVenom View Post
    You are bashing snoogans when he meant that he LOATHES the keyboard, and some of you never took that into account. Before all you guys bash the man because he likes how the controller feels rather then the keyboard, read the whole thing. He has made valid points on why he likes it. He is not speaking for all of us.
    Control schemes are not up to the criticism mere opinion. It's a fact that keyboard/mouse is the superior scheme in FPS. If he had said he prefers a controller, and the xbox controller is better than ps3, that's almost excusable, but neither one offer the superior scheme.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You are bashing snoogans when he meant that he LOATHES the keyboard, and some of you never took that into account. Before all you guys bash the man because he likes how the controller feels rather then the keyboard, read the whole thing. He has made valid points on why he likes it. He is not speaking for all of us.

I don't have all three yet but I am building my pc soon. I like the ps3 version better then the xbox version. But that will all change soon.

Edited: And acheivements do give you a since that you have done more then just beat a game. Most hardcore gamers, like to find challenges to different games. And all microsoft did was give us those challenges. Yeah some aren't hard at all like completing levels. But others are **** hard to achieve. If you don't like it oh well. Some of us like to get our money's worth for games. And sixty bucks just to beat a game is insane really. Most people sell the game, or never touch it again after beating it. At least it adds more replayability.

Personally I don't care about showing off my score. But I am content that I completed some of these challenges that the developers made. Now that is something in return. 60 bucks well spent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by snoogans460 View Post
    All in all, I prefer the 360 version of UT3 above the other platforms. Between the superior control scheme, online component, and added goodies such as achievements - it's a match made in heaven.
    woohoo achievements...
    um, these dont actually do anything you know?
    yeah thats right... they do nothing. hell you can do them on any system you just wont get the little popup going "ACHIEVEMENT!!"
    achievements were a gimmick that microsoft thought of and apparently it works on people like you, me personally they dont do a thing for. woohoo gamerscore, like it does ANYTHING lol. i gauge my game by skill, not by winning 10,000 online deathmatches (perfect dark achievement...wtf?)

superior control scheme... oh yeah thats right 360 is the only platform that
    cant use a keyboard/mouse HA yeah you are by far superior!

um every platform has online play btw... not sure you knew this from your post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lol it's a fanboy thing to say, ppl with xbox360 will say it plays best on their console and the ps3 user will say they have more mod ability's and such while pc users tend to bash all consoles together because they have it all :>

Imho if you have the money to build a good gaming rig your better of playing on pc it's got the best of all and you can even hook up gamepads if you like.

Believe it or not, I really don't miss the mod-support. Call me crazy, but I always felt like mods were more of a novelty than anything else.

They're fun for a short time, but seem to get old real quick. Plus, there's usually only a handful of professional looking user-created content anyhow.

Personally, I prefer the more standard, default Unreal experience, with all the included developer's maps. Sheesh, there's unquestionably plenty to choose from, with roughly 55 or so.
    You never played in ladders/cups and such do you.
    It's not only mods it's also custom content like new maps, I played many ladder wars and cups and such and it's hard to find any stock maps (in ut2004 that is, but ut3 will go in that direction too).

For me custom content is a must not a novelty it gives the game much more replayability without getting bored because you played every map like 1000 times allready.
    You will never play all the 55 maps on a constant base just for the fact that most players will stick to certain gametypes like war, tdm or so.

So if youre one of those players who plays only war it means you won't play the other non war maps anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Between the superior control scheme, online component, and added goodies such as achievements - it's a match made in heaven.
    The 360 does not have the superior control scheme. In fact what you said is not just a lie, it's dangerous, irresponsible, and out of touch with reality.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All in all, I prefer the 360 version of UT3 above the other platforms. Between the superior control scheme
    How can the 360 have to superior control scheme out of the three platforms?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I actually upgraded the Graphics Card on my PC with a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB when UT3 was first released, solely for this game.

Needless to say, I dabbled into the whole PC experience for a little while, before eventually deciding to purchase a PS3 - exclusively for UT3 as well.

All in all, I enjoyed the console version even more, but was disappointed because the game was made a timed-exclusive. Yes, I was most looking forward to the 360 version.

Besides, I still can't stand the archaic Dual shock 3 controller, and would much rather prefer the 360's gamepad instead.

Heck, I actually configured the 360 controller to work with UT3 on my PC, and would also use the mouse for aiming on occassion. I absolutely loathe the keyboard.

Anyhow, I'm extremely thankful the 360 iteration has finally been released - as I've found myself playing this game the most on this console.

Granted, the lack of character customization is kind of a bummer... but then again, it's a minor shortcoming to an otherwise awesome experience.

Believe it or not, I really don't miss the mod-support. Call me crazy, but I always felt like mods were more of a novelty than anything else.

They're fun for a short time, but seem to get old real quick. Plus, there's usually only a handful of professional looking user-created content anyhow.

Personally, I prefer the more standard, default Unreal experience, with all the included developer's maps. Sheesh, there's unquestionably plenty to choose from, with roughly 55 or so.

All in all, I prefer the 360 version of UT3 above the other platforms. Between the superior control scheme, online component, and added goodies such as achievements - it's a match made in heaven.
    So you have all 3 gaming systems at home - a PC, a PS3 and an Xbox360? And you purchased UT3 on all 3 platforms?

Jeez ... and I thought I was a fan...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My oppinion joins the two ones above

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zera View Post
    the autoaim... omg really we have autoaim on a shooter? WHY? if i wanted to watch something play for me i'd get a movie!
    Because analog control sticks are nowhere near as accurate or as fast as a good mouse, maybe? The auto aim hasn't been noticeable all that much to me, except once, where the game pulled a Halo sticky reticle for a moment online.

The way you make it sound is firing a sniper rifle in the general direction of someone grants you an instant head shot.

Pull your own head out of your **** before you start making comments about the game playing for you. All console shooters have some auto aim to allow for the fact that the analog sticks aren't as precise or as fast as a good optical mouse. Most of the time you only notice when your reticle isn't directly on target but very close, and you still score a hit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X