Unreal Tournament 3 * PS3 or 360 ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament 3 * PS3 or 360 ?!

I bought the PC version at launch (computer couldnt run) then the PS3 version in DEC 07. Playing exstensively on the PS3 before and after the pathces I have to say its still my fav version.

The XBOX 360 version is great and the controls are a LOT smoother with gettng on and off your board along with many other touches to the detail here and there. I would also like to add the explosions are INSANE and its really nice to see all the little things added to the 360 version.

Im still going to be popping in the PS3 raw version just for my custom characters and Alien Sands. The PS3 also still host's some good rooms.
    Im glad this got launched for the 360 with so much ATD but Im still going
    to hear "FLAKKKKKK MASSSSTERR" on the PS.

Opinions?

I'll be playing on PC but cheering the XBox and PS3 users on from the sidelines as well as cursing them for their silly haircuts and funny controllers.

Seriously though, i don't have an opinion.

Comment

Thanks for your input. Opinions & Input welcome...

Comment

Well, I actually upgraded the Graphics Card on my PC with a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB when UT3 was first released, solely for this game.

Needless to say, I dabbled into the whole PC experience for a little while, before eventually deciding to purchase a PS3 - exclusively for UT3 as well.

All in all, I enjoyed the console version even more, but was disappointed because the game was made a timed-exclusive. Yes, I was most looking forward to the 360 version.

Besides, I still can't stand the archaic Dual shock 3 controller, and would much rather prefer the 360's gamepad instead.

Heck, I actually configured the 360 controller to work with UT3 on my PC, and would also use the mouse for aiming on occassion. I absolutely loathe the keyboard.

Anyhow, I'm extremely thankful the 360 iteration has finally been released - as I've found myself playing this game the most on this console.

Granted, the lack of character customization is kind of a bummer... but then again, it's a minor shortcoming to an otherwise awesome experience.

Believe it or not, I really don't miss the mod-support. Call me crazy, but I always felt like mods were more of a novelty than anything else.

They're fun for a short time, but seem to get old real quick. Plus, there's usually only a handful of professional looking user-created content anyhow.

Personally, I prefer the more standard, default Unreal experience, with all the included developer's maps. Sheesh, there's unquestionably plenty to choose from, with roughly 55 or so.

All in all, I prefer the 360 version of UT3 above the other platforms. Between the superior control scheme, online component, and added goodies such as achievements - it's a match made in heaven.

Comment

360 version ftw

Comment

i play ut3 on 360 simply on pure servers, cant stand no orbs or anything, and with nothing saying which mutators its like a jack-in-a-box,

i still would like mod support but this is easily my best game for 360, right next to halo3 on my lists.

Comment

Just my opinion. I think the 360 version has been 100% noobified.(auto-aim, ultra large hitboxes, no open mic, controller pulling left for no reason, just to name a few issues I have with the 360 version.) I played originaly on the PC, then I purchased the 360 version. I wont go into extreme detail, but needless to say I came back to the PC version in a hurry. Alot of the skill based aspect of UT3 has been sacrificed for the 360. IMO, if you have a gaming PC you would have to be crazy to switch to the console version.

Comment

I'm sure most of those issues will be fixed in a patch update. The controller going left and the mic hopefully will be fixed, the others I'm not sure about.

Comment

once again another try at bashinging the ps3.everyone likes their own way to game as far as i'm concerned i'm not going to pay for online gaming when its free elsewhere.the mods are pretty cool even if i'm the only one to see them on the ps3. guys play what system u want but keep the bashing in the fan boy area lets frag and have fun.

Comment

it appears ut3 has followed the halo series when porting to the 360, everything about it is so easy its really sad.
                    as mentioned above the hitboxes are just silly, the autoaim... omg really we have autoaim on a shooter? WHY? if i wanted to watch something play for me i'd get a movie!
                    as for all the little things, well the ps3 can be patched/modded to add it.
                    personally the 360 just makes me sad when i think of ut3.
                    i highly prefer pc for every aspect of the game.

the question you have to ask is - how much user input do you want to have to do to be the best? little you say? get the 360 version. you want to show you have skill? pc version, can afford the pc updates then you can settle with the ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by Zera View Post
                      the autoaim... omg really we have autoaim on a shooter? WHY? if i wanted to watch something play for me i'd get a movie!
                      Because analog control sticks are nowhere near as accurate or as fast as a good mouse, maybe? The auto aim hasn't been noticeable all that much to me, except once, where the game pulled a Halo sticky reticle for a moment online.

The way you make it sound is firing a sniper rifle in the general direction of someone grants you an instant head shot.

Pull your own head out of your **** before you start making comments about the game playing for you. All console shooters have some auto aim to allow for the fact that the analog sticks aren't as precise or as fast as a good optical mouse. Most of the time you only notice when your reticle isn't directly on target but very close, and you still score a hit.

Comment

My oppinion joins the two ones above

Comment

Originally posted by snoogans460 View Post
                          Well, I actually upgraded the Graphics Card on my PC with a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB when UT3 was first released, solely for this game.

Needless to say, I dabbled into the whole PC experience for a little while, before eventually deciding to purchase a PS3 - exclusively for UT3 as well.

All in all, I enjoyed the console version even more, but was disappointed because the game was made a timed-exclusive. Yes, I was most looking forward to the 360 version.

Besides, I still can't stand the archaic Dual shock 3 controller, and would much rather prefer the 360's gamepad instead.

Heck, I actually configured the 360 controller to work with UT3 on my PC, and would also use the mouse for aiming on occassion. I absolutely loathe the keyboard.

Anyhow, I'm extremely thankful the 360 iteration has finally been released - as I've found myself playing this game the most on this console.

Granted, the lack of character customization is kind of a bummer... but then again, it's a minor shortcoming to an otherwise awesome experience.

Believe it or not, I really don't miss the mod-support. Call me crazy, but I always felt like mods were more of a novelty than anything else.

They're fun for a short time, but seem to get old real quick. Plus, there's usually only a handful of professional looking user-created content anyhow.

Personally, I prefer the more standard, default Unreal experience, with all the included developer's maps. Sheesh, there's unquestionably plenty to choose from, with roughly 55 or so.

All in all, I prefer the 360 version of UT3 above the other platforms. Between the superior control scheme, online component, and added goodies such as achievements - it's a match made in heaven.
                          So you have all 3 gaming systems at home - a PC, a PS3 and an Xbox360? And you purchased UT3 on all 3 platforms?

Jeez ... and I thought I was a fan...

Comment

All in all, I prefer the 360 version of UT3 above the other platforms. Between the superior control scheme
                            How can the 360 have to superior control scheme out of the three platforms?

Comment

Originally posted by snoogans460 View Post
                              Between the superior control scheme, online component, and added goodies such as achievements - it's a match made in heaven.
                              The 360 does not have the superior control scheme. In fact what you said is not just a lie, it's dangerous, irresponsible, and out of touch with reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X