3rd person view in UT3 - xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    There is no way to see yourself in third person in ANY UT game (not UC smart guys) without having access to the command console ... editing an ini file, or using a mutator. None of these things are possible atm on the 360 so for now the answer is a simple no.
    F4 in ut04
    Made good use of it for peaking around corners.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUT View Post
      F4 in ut04
      Made good use of it for peaking around corners.
      Yeah that kind of went with editing the ini file and plus having a keyboard ... neither of which can be done with the 360 version.

Comment

He was spectating and the person was doing exactly the same he did. But this is a side mod. BOMBING RUN IS IMPORTANT!

Comment

Yeah that kind of went with editing the ini file
          f4 is default key for that. Shipped that way

Comment

f4 is default key for that. Shipped that way
            Oh yeah I know I just meant its still basically an ini setting and it can be easily changed ... I completely changed my ini so that was not even in there since I would just use a mutator to use 3rd person.

Comment

Oh yeah I know I just meant its still basically an ini setting and it can be easily changed ... I completely changed my ini so that was not even in there since I would just use a mutator to use 3rd person.
              ?
              Just saying its been done in a previous UT game. Everything is an ini setting, but epic included that along withy our movement keys...when you first installed the game.
              You didnt have to edit ini like you suggsted

Comment

I tried the Third Person mod for the PC version. Think it was called the Action Cam mod. Was like playing Gears of War with Unreal stuff. lol Was rather cool, would be cool if it was added to the 360 version.

Comment

?
                  Just saying its been done in a previous UT game. Everything is an ini setting, but epic included that along withy our movement keys...when you first installed the game.
                  You didnt have to edit ini like you suggsted
                  If I made it sound like you had to edit it I didn't mean it that way ... I know what you meant and it the same thing I meant ... I just didn't word it well. The main point I was making was that there is no way to do this on the 360 since there is no keyboard support and no way to get at the ini files and no mutators.

Comment

Epic Games,

You have the best art design both in the visual and audio departments in the entire gaming industry, IMO. The gorgeous stylized models, their textures and detail are all gone down the drain with a FPS view. It's the most popular 'mutator' / mod in both the PS3 and PC, justly so.

I don't see what's the economic strain in releasing such a patch, or announcing one, when it's only going to immerse this gorgeous fun game on the 360.

Please release a patch for the 360 that enables a 3rd person view.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain View Post
                      The gorgeous stylized models, their textures and detail are all gone down the drain with a FPS view.
                      I don't understand that at all. I mean you still see the models when you get on the hoverboard and you still your teammates and enemies and actually not as well since they are being seen in 3rd person. Actually you get the best view of your teammates and opposing enemies while in 1st person so I don't agree with that as a basis for them giving us the 3rd person mutator. Now just for fun though sure and for personal preference of course ... but not because of what you stated.

Comment

I don't understand that at all. I mean you still see the models when you get on the hoverboard and you still your teammates and enemies and actually not as well since they are being seen in 3rd person.
                        The whole point of the 3rd pv is that you observe every part of *your chosen* character's design come to life when it dodges and runs around, especially under Epic's craftsmanship. Friendly/enemy characters have less than zero to do with a 3rd pv. It's purely about the character's presence you play with, hence the references to Gears Of War (or even RE4). The switch between FPS and 3rd pv death cam or hoverboard is a pointless tease. Why not let the player enjoy a consistent 3rd pv? -- and please don't let this question irate you into thinking you qualify to determine an answer.

Actually you get the best view of your teammates and opposing enemies while in 1st person so I don't agree with that as a basis for them giving us the 3rd person mutator.
                        Irrelevant, and not true. I can see them just as fine, if not better on a 3rd pv, but that's a matter of personal preference. To me, the existing quality level characters have in game renders out far more effectively when in the vicinity of a 3rd pv (like that in Gears / RE4). Anywhere closer and the texture/bump map compressions start showing.

But whatever, to each is own. I personally consider the 3rd pv to be far better than FPS in every possible front. I just don't understand why you come in here to argue with me about my view on the 3rd pv and about what's in your opinion the REAL reason for the use of that mod.

The entire UT community downloaded this mod with the notions it's just like playing Gears on steroids. This same exact conviction was labeled all over in TV spots. That's why I, and a whole lot more gamers want it.

Now just for fun though sure and for personal preference of course ... but not because of what you stated.
                        Thanks for sharing your personal opinion.

Comment

Who's arguing with you ... I just stated my own POV which is counter to yours and I never said you were wrong or that you weren't entitled to your own opinion. I even started off by saying I don't understand that at all. I don't know how you make the leap to me arguing with you. I didn't even say there was a real reason to use the mod. I pretty much made it clear it was a personal preference thing and its just true that you see the opponents better and your team mates better in a FP perspective ... that's not an opinon ... they are larger and thus you can more easily and clearly make all that detail you speak about. Anyway just like you shared your opinion I shared mine ... we just happen to have different perspectives. Also to be clear I did say I would also like to have it but just not for the reasons you mentioned ... lets put things into proper context please.

And let me add that you did not originally say anything about looking at the dodging or motions and all that ... no what you said was that "the gorgeous stylized models, their textures and detail are all gone down the drain with a FPS view" ... and no I do not for one instant agree with that and think it is an over exaggeration and I think many people would feel that way. So that is why I brought up how you could see this when you are on a hoverboard which is certainly true. So again just because I offered my opinion as a response to you saying that things are down the drain due to a FP view I can't see why you are getting so worked up. This is what happens in forums ... a person makes a statement that sounds a bit over the top to some one else and that person states their own opinion in a polite manner (no shouting, no exclamation points, no name calling whatsoever).

Comment

Originally posted by TylDurden View Post
                            I played the PS3 version with no mods and accidentally switched it to 3rd person so it was included out of the box for ps3, I can't imagine they would take it out.
                            I'm not trying to call you a liar by any means, so please don't take this the wrong way. But there is absolutely no way to play the PS3 version of UTIII in a 3rd person view without the use of one of the two mutators that are currently available.

Comment

Working...
                            X