Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3 HAS A COMMERCIAL

for x360 version....

Seriously that's just shocking. I spotted it on spike just now.

Originally posted by BlackFish View Post
    for x360 version....

Seriously that's just shocking. I spotted it on spike just now.
    It is about time.

Comment

they did that for the pc/ps3. SPike was the only channel I saw it on.

Dont count on much if they are just starting the commercials now.

Comment

UT3 sponsored the whole showing of star wars and they show the commercial every break. I think that is great and hope alot of people find out about UT though it.

Comment

They never did it for the PC ... Midway only started with TV ads once the PS3 version was available and not once do they say also available for the PC in those ads. Of course there was going to be marketing for the 360 version. This is the platform they have the chance to make the most money on ... what the game selling for $60 and there being so many more XBL gamers who love shooters to play online. If the 360 version doesn't do well then no matter what any of us hardcore fans say the game will have done poorly overall. A million shipped is not nearly the same as a million sold you know.

Comment

Sweet, just saw it on Spike during Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
              They never did it for the PC ... Midway only started with TV ads once the PS3 version was available and not once do they say also available for the PC in those ads. Of course there was going to be marketing for the 360 version. This is the platform they have the chance to make the most money on ... what the game selling for $60 and there being so many more XBL gamers who love shooters to play online. If the 360 version doesn't do well then no matter what any of us hardcore fans say the game will have done poorly overall. A million shipped is not nearly the same as a million sold you know.

i heard about the "million shipped" thing... is that current?

Comment

yep ... it is what they put out in their press announcements at the bottom.

"Unreal Tournament 3 is available for a suggested retail price of $59.95 in the U.S. Unreal Tournament 3, the award-winning first-person-shooter, has already shipped more than 1 million units for Windows PC and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system."

Yeah and for less than $30 on the PC and less than $45 on the PS3 you can get pretty much the exact same game with mods. I just don't understand the pricing of this game in light of those realities. I know I will rent this game for a couple of weeks just to see the new maps and characters but a purchase is a ways off until they get their prices straightened out.

Comment

The MSRP is right in line with other new releases on XBox. I'm not sure what your beef is.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                    The MSRP is right in line with other new releases on XBox. I'm not sure what your beef is.
                    That is not true at all dude. Not every 360 game cost 59.99 ... look around ... some are actually priced based on what they contain and in relation to other platforms. And prices are not written in stone ... it could be and should be cheaper than it is ... after all you are not getting what many feel is the key selling point of UT ... Mods. Bourne Conspiracy was 49.99 at Frys and that means I could get it at Best Buy for the same price. Now I saw them advertise UT3 for 52.99 which was better but its still not worth it to me when the exact same game with a better feature costs so much less. That is my beef.

Comment

commericial has been on spike, fox, and usa.

Comment

Originally posted by UnBound78 View Post
                        commericial has been on spike, fox, and usa.
                        Do you know where I can find a video of the UT3 commercial?

EDIT: I just found a video of the UT3 commercial. It looks sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79yBTWmlYes

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                          That is not true at all dude. Not every 360 game cost 59.99 ... look around ... some are actually priced based on what they contain and in relation to other platforms. And prices are not written in stone ... it could be and should be cheaper than it is ... after all you are not getting what many feel is the key selling point of UT ... Mods. Bourne Conspiracy was 49.99 at Frys and that means I could get it at Best Buy for the same price. Now I saw them advertise UT3 for 52.99 which was better but its still not worth it to me when the exact same game with a better feature costs so much less. That is my beef.
                          I'm not going to do an extensive search, but looking at BestBuy, UT3 is priced right in the middle of all the other new releases. Most games are priced right around the same range for comparable releases on the same console. Frys is notorious for selling stuff lower than BestBuy, so your comparison does not hold water.

Comment

That doesn't mean the price has to be $59.99 and it should not be when the other two versions are way cheaper ... $49.99 would have been acceptable given the exclusion of mod support and the fact the SP is basically a tutorial with Cut Scenes so this is mainly just an online game with bot support. Since it is not moddable in anyway by users it just doesn't merit the high price tag imo. If you feel differently what can I say to that? It is your right after all.

Comment

Screw the price issue, how about having the saying or text saying something like "Now available on 360, PS3, AND PC!!!" like I see many other companies do...

Comment

Working...
                              X